Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2476 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:37 AM
A "Where is the fun?" mod.
I feel ashamed to say this but a lot of the times I rely on Maxmotives because usually while playing sims I'm doing multiple other things at the same time (at the moment I'm writing this post and knitting a scarf) but in my newest neighbourhood I decided I'd try and get back into playing it like I did when I was younger, where my sims went to community lots and socialized and ran businesses and did all sorts, instead of just pressing 3 and leaving them to do whatever while I did other things unless it was a particularly interesting day (e.g. a birthday or marriage). So I've been handling all my sims other wants pretty fine, but fun is really difficult. It feels like I either have to add a basket ball hoop or a pool with a big slide or some other thing that I don't feel is necessary just to get my sims to do something, because god help them if they don't wanna use a normal household object like a chess table or an easel, even though they up the fun bar, it's all "I'm not in the mood" so I have to just leave them to dance / infront of the tv for a few hours and by then it's bedtime and little Timmy still hasn't done his homework.

Things that should increase fun/increase fun more than it already does:
Talking to people (++ if popularity aspiration)
Teaching a toddler to potty train/walk/talk (- Maybe it may be frustrating for some people, but as my family is like the Newtons it's my job to teach my little sister to use the potty and I quite enjoy teaching her, as well as trying to teach her to talk. Though I am very much a family aspiration so I might be biased)
swimming in the pool
playing a musical instrument
writing in diaries
writing a novel
watching the clouds/stars
parties get a fun boost if it was a great party (I really hate how after little Bobby has a party, where he's fed loads of cake and has socialized with his school friends, and their parents and Auntie Betty and whomever else, I still have to throw him in front of the tv for a couple o' hours just so he'd then quickly finish off his homework and go to bed)
watching siblings growing up (++ if family aspiration, or ++ if they grew up badly and they're enemies)
School (I think there's a mod on this site somewhere for it that I might go download now)
hunting bugs

I had some more ideas too but I can't really remember them...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2477 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:39 AM
Red hands, honey. Catch. Don't have them interact with objects; use the play options for each other!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2478 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:20 AM
Red hands is my go to for fun. A few serious sim will protest but they secretly like it too. I very rarely have sims live alone as I am way too much into the hurry up and get married and pop out babies so I can see your genetics mix! type of player. I love families and having them all have a few kids. I do use homework sometimes which means kids don't get homework every day and the serious little ones actually enjoy school and homework and gain fun while doing so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2479 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:30 AM
Hmm I might give that a try. I usually avoid red hands just because I never liked that game as a kid. I usually go to tickle/mary-mack/pillow fight.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#2480 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Hmm I might give that a try. I usually avoid red hands just because I never liked that game as a kid. I usually go to tickle/mary-mack/pillow fight.

I use MATY's Macrotastic and plop down a flamingo. Fun bar filled in a few kicks.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#2481 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:45 PM
Flamingo, gnome, or chicken sculpture for kicking. Paintings for viewing.

I'd rather make them interact with each other, for the most part, and for some reason sims adore red hands.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#2482 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:56 PM
For fun, I use the Running With Scissors object. Used with caution and moderation, it's not totally deadly. I've only had one Sim-death due to it, and she was saved from the Reaper. Of course, it might not be such a good idea with a Sim you really care about. Results may vary.

I'm thinking all through the night
I could be yours just like before
Rewrite another try
'Cause we've had the loneliest time
Scholar
#2483 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:41 AM
I have to just leave them to dance / infront of the tv for a few hours and by then it's bedtime and little Timmy still hasn't done his homework.

For kids specifically, it seems like Nysha's "School Doesn't Tank Fun" mod is exactly what you need.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Mad Poster
#2484 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 9:34 AM
I agree, all of those things should build fun, especially the party idea! I don't like having them kick flamingoes or play the same game for hours, that's boring to watch. I have the hack which makes "Make out" give fun, which is a no brainer. Woohoo should probably be more fun than it currently is, too. Especially for romance sims! Maybe for family sims, if they are in love with the person.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#2485 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:04 AM
Make out doesn't give fun?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2486 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:26 AM

Red hands raises fun triple the speed of TV viewing. Little Timmy will be happy in half an hour of that, get his homework done, have another round of red hands and be set for the rest of the night. Pool slides are good too, but they take a bit longer to get the kids out there and slide down. While flamingo kicking works well too, that is kind of... I don't know, anti social? Red hands with a parent seems to be a nice bounding family game as well as a good fun raiser.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2487 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:35 AM
Red hands always work. And it does not take hours or exhaust the Sims.
Mad Poster
#2488 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I have the hack which makes "Make out" give fun, which is a no brainer.

I've tried to find it to no avail. Do you have a link to this hack?
Theorist
#2489 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:11 AM
Cats have their little fishy treat that boosts hunger, while dogs have chew bones that boost hygiene and hunger. So, my poor little toddlers want at least a crummy little cracker to nibble for a hunger boost. They're tired of the same old bottle and mushy-mush. Toddler: "Cookie!! gimme cookie!!"

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2490 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:22 AM
For sim kids I always use my garage because it increases fun and builds mechanical - then its dinner time and homework. They don't do homework everyday - I usually give them two days off homework a week courtesy of the sledgehammer.....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2491 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Cats have their little fishy treat that boosts hunger, while dogs have chew bones that boost hygiene and hunger. So, my poor little toddlers want at least a crummy little cracker to nibble for a hunger boost. They're tired of the same old bottle and mushy-mush. Toddler: "Cookie!! gimme cookie!!"

Rebeka has toddler foods. I find they all work except for french fries and I think the animal crackers, no idea why. http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/fil...-toddler-foods/ Maxis mushy mush I have defaulted to fruit salad. http://modthesims.info/d/281068

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2492 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:09 AM
I would really like a mod that slows down long-term relationship change a lot, especially if the sims in question don't interact that day. The change should be 5 points on a day they interact, and 1 on a day they don't - so that it's actually a long-term measure of their relationship, and sims that made friends two days ago and then didn't speak since aren't suddenly best friends.

One day, I'll learn how to do it, perhaps...
Mad Poster
#2493 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:38 AM
There is a mod that is somewhat similar to what you want. It's called "More Realistic relationship decay" and can be found here.
Scholar
#2494 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine

I love this table that Rebeca made. It's a table where toddler seat themselves and eat and earn cooking skills. No more hungry toddlers!

http://modthesims.info/d/255132

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Theorist
#2495 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
I love this table that Rebeca made. It's a table where toddler seat themselves and eat and earn cooking skills. No more hungry toddlers!

http://modthesims.info/d/255132

I have the tables and the bottomless bottle. I would love something to use on community lots if the chance to get them there comes up. I have 2 toddlers living alone in one house, totally self-sustaining. They will eat, sleep, use the potty, gain skills or just play and gain social by interacting together at the creativity table and a few shared toys. No maxing needs or using snapdragon plant. Sims seem to be born with common sense and lose it as they age to each phase.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#2496 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:36 AM
More realistic changes with the seasons, even if they're really subtle... I'd like to see a different day length for summer than for winter, for instance (solstice parties, anyone? )- or maybe terrains that shift as the year wanes (a lawn that's emerald green at the height of summer is often straw-colored and brittle in the last days before winter sets in)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#2497 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Rebeka has toddler foods. I find they all work except for french fries and I think the animal crackers, no idea why. http://www.affinitysims.com/IPB/fil...-toddler-foods/ Maxis mushy mush I have defaulted to fruit salad. http://modthesims.info/d/281068

How did I manage to try this download and without remembering what they were try only the two foods that you said didn't work? XD
Instructor
#2498 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:18 PM
Is there any way to have a default replacement for the Penguin? I would love if it could look like Olaf from Frozen. since it always talks to snowmen
I already have Crumplebottom as a nun so it must be possible to alter the looks of other NPCs they bother me because they look boring, like the Unsavory Charlton and the social worker.
I would like the skunk to be a squirrel I'd prefer something cuter even if its not logical

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#2499 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM
There is a white re-color here http://modthesims.info/d/363158 if you want it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#2500 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:28 PM
A hack that stops non playable apartment dwellers from dropping whatever they're doing at 10pm on the dot and rushing inside their apartments. I suppose it does stop them being up all night, but 10pm is early.
Page 100 of 576