Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#826 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 2:52 PM
I started this yesterday... . doing pretty well so far got enough money to give her walls and a ceiling a day before winter

picture time!

when i first made her

fighting the social bunny

boyfriend proposing ( i had him move in earlier so she could have a bed, stove , and toilet) which is almost all 4000 will get you

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#827 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:17 PM
I love this challenge. It is one of the best challenges I've ever done.
Field Researcher
#828 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 6:36 PM
This challenge is amazing! Makes me appreciate the real game, without cheats. I'm attempting the Old Maid challenge, and so far my Sim, Nora Sear, has a child, Zach, and two toddler twins, Mary Kate and Dillon. Talk about a hectic household! They barely have any money, so they have a shabby little shack with one room (awful when the toddlers wake up in the middle of the night... and Zach or Nora can't get back to sleep!!) We had one burglar, but there was nothing good for him to steal so he just ran past our house! LOL!

Thanks for the challenge (:
Test Subject
#829 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:26 PM Last edited by leefish : 21st Aug 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3567858, 3567865
The backstory of this challenge is your sim has moved away from the hustle and bustle of busy SimCity due to the over consumerist nature of the city folk. They've decided to move into a quaint neighbourhood and grow their own food and paint in a peacefull 'one with nature' environment. The Goal of this challenge is 10 generations of sims who only eat what they grow and their only income is from the paintings they sell using the easel. You will need the seasons ep to play this challenge.

GETTING STARTED
- An Adult CAS sim of any gender, looks and turn on/offs. The sim you create now can not be moved out or leave your household until death. Max of two sims for this starting point.
+To determine aspiration roll a dice/generate a number between one and six. Whatever number you get corrosponds to that aspiration in the lineup from left to right.
+To determine personality please see the below information

- Move into a house, you can make it, it can be premade, prefurnished whatever. As long as you can buy it with the starting 20k. I suggest a lot with farm plots and a pond for fishing!
-You can only start with $2000. Buy trees or family fund it. 2k, that's it!
- Buy an easel.

RULES
- There is a maximum of 2 adults, 1 elder at any time in a household and 1 teenager. You are allowed as many kids as you can handle but none of them can get jobs as teenagers or adults, they must move out either as teens are on the first day of being an adult. you are allowed pets, they're just also not allowed to get jobs.
- If you marry or move in a sim you are only allowed to keep $1500 of whatever they bring in.
- If you have a family aspiration sim you can only have kids when they want kids.
- If you don't have a family sim you must try for baby every after every 3 woohoos

- You can only use food you've grown or caught, feel free to use what comes free in the fridge when you buy it but after that you can not restock it!
- No ordering food over the phone such as pizza or chinese.
- You can only gain simoleans by selling your paintings.
- You can not sell your produce at all, only stock them in your fridge.

- EVERY SIM IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD MUST HAVE A PORTRAIT PAINTED OF THEM. Either as teens if you intend to move them out or, if they are staying, as an adult. You can not sell these paintings and they will become a family gallery.
- You must build a family gallery, big or little as you like but it must contain a picture of every sim on your family tree.

- The only electrical items you are allowed are phone x1, burglar alarm x1 and fire alarm x1 and lighting. If you have CC that looks like it doesn't run on electricity; say a crank car or steam powered radio, you are allowed that! You are a creative and free spirit, don't rot your mind with things like television and video games!
- Sprinkler system is only available if you have 17+ crops and only at the 2nd generation.

- Seasons go in the order of winter, spring, summer, fall.
- No hacks/cheats except move objects for decorative reasons.
- Aspiration awards allowed.
- The only non-human species allowed for this challenge is plantsims after the third generation and aliens at any generation.
- You are allowed only 1 move to a different lot.
- You can only reload your game if you start with 1 sim and they die without producing an heir.

CHALLENGE ENDS WHEN...
- All sims die.
- Tenth Generation becomes a teen.
- You forget a family portrait
- Have no money and no way to earn money i.e you sell the only easel.

PERSONALITY SELECTION
- Rolls a 6 sided die/ generate random number between 1 and 6.
- If even roll for the first list of star signs.
- If odd roll for the second list of star signs.

EVEN
1. Taurus
2. Cancer
3. Virgo
4. Scorpio
5. Capricorn
6. Pisces

ODD
1. Aries
2. Gemini
3. Leo
4. Libra
5. Sagitarius
6. Aquarius

You may alter the distribution of points as long as it remains the same starsign as indicated.

SCORING
1 point for every 2000 simoleons you finish up with
1 point for every painting not sold at the end
1 point per added cc paintings
2 points for every sim who died of natural causes
2 points for every child who got an A+
3 points for every toddler who leaned to walk, talk and use the potty before becoming a child
3 points for every child who maxed out creativity before teenagerdom
3 points for every sim with a gold talent badge in gardening
4 points for any teen with maxed aspirations
4 points for every portrait of a sim in your family who moved out
5 points per set of twins.
5 points for every celebration where an actual party was held i.e baby shower, wedding, birthday
10 points for any skills maxed out besides creativity

-2 for every electronic item besides those described
-4 per extra adults, elders or teens on your lot besides the allowed number
-5 for using food you did not grow/catch
-5 for having a child taken away
-3 for every time the repo man shows up
-6 for any sim who ever took a job

I'm currently testing this challenge and am having a blast!
Lab Assistant
#830 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 3:35 AM
damn, i was going to do this challenge but dun have the EP required for growing the sims' food. that's sad and probably what has put some others off trying this one as well.
Scholar
#831 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 1:26 PM
I am going to incorporate this into one of my legacy hoods...does it matter if the 'founder' of this challenge is born in-game & as such, has built skills in childhood? or are we allowed to use an ya instead in the start? have the founder go to college & then turn his/her back on capitalism?
Test Subject
#832 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 6:31 PM
I'm not sure if the creator still updates this, but I have yet another question about pets:

Does adopting a stray/pet from the center count against the Old Maid bonus? Since they are not human, I assume it wouldn't, but I just want to make sure. I ask because my son wants a puppy, which seems fair since he doesn't have a dad.
Test Subject
#833 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 8:05 PM
I'm gonna try this.
Inventor
#834 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:47 PM
I'm pretty sure adopting pets wouldn't have any bearing on the Old Maid challenge, since pets are pretty much just like kids anyway. You're not moving in an adult that can help with things around the house.
Test Subject
#835 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 5:58 AM
Wow no reply in 30 months? o.O Well Im changing that :P

I just started my poverty challenge with pregnant teen Makenzie Porter. Ill try I get some pics. Its already so hard!!
Mad Poster
#836 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 8:56 PM
Raime: so you attached your own challenge to THIS challenge? um, anyone?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#837 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Raime: so you attached your own challenge to THIS challenge? um, anyone?

Wow thanks for pointing that out. I just reported the posts so hopefully they'll be deleted.
Mad Poster
#838 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
Wow thanks for pointing that out. I just reported the posts so hopefully they'll be deleted.

The posts in question were last edited by one of the mods, so I'm guessing the threads were merged?
Test Subject
#839 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:59 AM
I'm going to give this a shot when I get on agen I think I'll start off with a teen. I am already planing an epic backstory and have most the lots and stuff I need saved for downlodes. I'm thinking (cerolin stragori) as the name of my founder.
Inventor
#840 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
The posts in question were last edited by one of the mods, so I'm guessing the threads were merged?

That's weird... Maybe they thought it was similar enough to this one to be a different flavor of it or something.

Anyway, I just got the Ultimate Collection so I'm gonna start this again soon.
Test Subject
#841 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:43 PM
Damn it all, I was attempting the Poverty challenge but my Sim went belly-up! I got a resetting problem all of a sudden that I have never had before in my years of playing this game. Ze resets every couple of seconds, dropping queue actions and making stuff literally disappear. Goodbye carpool.
My Sim had 4 walls, a light, a mini fridge, a double bed and a shower and toilet, and was working on getting a baby. But looks like I'll have to just kill ze off and start again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#842 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM
Sounds like you have a conflicting mod that you will need to find and remove. That's a jump bug. That or if you moved her in with a bed in her inventory, that can also sometimes cause a serous jump bug.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#843 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:36 PM
Ze had no bed in zed inventory (I never do that anyway *edit* and it was a fresh CAS sim) and I completely removed the downloads folder to see if it was a mod that was doing it. No luck, it still happened. I then put my downloads back in and tried another challenge lot in the same neighbourhood and.... it was fine. No jump bugs or anything that I could see that could indicate that anything was wrong.

I did put a new mod in very shortly before it happened, so I do think that might be to blame. I've removed that mod but now ze won't stop
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#844 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:44 PM
Have you tried using move objects to reset her? Using moveobjects delete her, save, exit to the hood, reload her lot. She will be reset and standing by the mail box. If she is still bugged you can try running Hood Checker and seeing what that brings up or fixes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#845 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:53 PM
I don't know why you keep calling my Sim she/her, but I will definitely try that! Thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#846 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 11:56 PM
if I said he/she it's because you didn't indicate if the sim was he/she. I don't see that as very important.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#847 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
I can't remember the name very well (poor memory for names) so I use the pronouns I picked out for ze to talk about 'em. So ze/zed, no he or she.
But anyway yes, thank you so much. It worked! I think it was either stopscreamingatme or pregforallgenders that fuffed me up, I'm going to assume it was the latter.
Lab Assistant
#848 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 6:14 PM
So do the CAS Sim start off on an empty lot and build onto it?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Test Subject
#849 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sepia mauve
I'm having lots of fun with this, but I will probably fail too, miserably. Fiddling back & forth with the jobs is a pain, and making sure she gets enough sleep to get by is really hard when the baby keeps waking her up, not to mention the phone! (She doesn't have a real house with walls yet, you're right kerriiskk, I never realised how expensive the walls are!) And 9 times out of 10, it's Amin Sims calling. Like, 11pm when she's passed out from sleep depravation, boredom, starvation or whatever, he always calls and wakes her and the baby up. Sweet! Oh and she's pregnant again, but no more Pao-babies, this one is Don Lothario's.

How's everyone else doing?
don is HAWT :lovestruc
Scholar
#850 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnymph
So do the CAS Sim start off on an empty lot and build onto it?

Yes, they do build onto it.

I spent part of last night reading every single post of this challenge. Some of the pic and stories are hys-ter-ical!
I applaud all the simmers out there who have already played this challenge or have recently signed up to do so

"If it's in you, it's got to come out."
Simblr
Page 34 of 36