Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:08 PM
Depends on the time of year/work load. Usually school breaks are when I get my Simming in. I can go anywhere from 2-4 hours/day on breaks.
But with school I learn to say 'bye-bye' to sims. Like last week was the first time I had played my legacy in a month and a half and I only played it for about 2 hours. Most of the time it's not worth trying to play my legacy because it takes half an hour to load. By the time it loads I need to be on to other things... so usually when I do have spare time I can get a little building or sim making done
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
I tend to play in 4-8 hour time intervals, depending on how much free time I have. Sometimes I get to play two or three times a week, sometimes only once or twice a month, and sometimes I just go on hiatus for months. When I come back from a long time like that I might not know where I left off, so I'll just start up a new family. I've been playing since early sims 1, and that's pretty much the same way I've always played. I don't like playing unless I know I have the time for it.
Test Subject
#28 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:16 PM
It depends on a lot of different things. If I have no homework and it's a quiet day, I really have nothing better to do. Once I even played out a sim's entire childhood in one weekend, which is a lot for me. I've had that particular family (or at least I created the woman) the month TS3 came out and I'm only just now on her grandchildren's generation, so I think I'm a slow player in general. It also depends on how long the lots take to load, like if I'm playing a bigger lot I tend to play longer because I can't really load in and out without having to wait a few minutes for it to load back up. But I'd say I usually play about 2-3 sim days at a time and on the weekends.
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:25 PM
Ooh, good question! I tend to go on Sims binges where I play for long periods of time (for me), maybe 5-8 hours, for anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Then I go months without playing! It's not really intentional, I just know that once I sit down to play, I'm going to get sucked into it for several hours (which are getting harder to come by these days)!

But I usually play a lot more often when a new expansion pack comes out, or whenever I get to see my sister. We're both in love with the game =) It's kind of ridiculous, actually, we'll sit next to each other on one of our beds for hours at a time, both our laptops out, both of us playing our games and comparing them. It sounds silly, but it's a lot of fun for us ;D

(Side note: I just now realized that I've been playing Sims for 10 years now! I got TS1 when I was 13... Holy crap, where did time go?!)
Test Subject
#30 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 10:53 PM
I play too much, but I like to multi-task while playing. Reading and playing sims at the same time is great!

I also watch tv or movies, clean the house, etc. I generally don't focus on just the game for longer than a half hour, unless I'm building and decorating.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 12:31 AM
During the week I sometimes play for an hour or two a couple of nights but on the weekends it varies quite a bit - weekend playtime is based on how much I've got going on. Sometimes I can play for 5 or 6 hours on Sunday or sometimes I can play for several hours on Saturday but have no time on Sunday. It just depends. My game crashes quite a bit too (I save every 15 minutes) so if my game crashes and I get frustrated I may give up and leave it alone for a few days.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:23 AM
when I do play, I play for hours on end... usually 8-12 hours, for maybe 2 or 3 weeks at a time. Then I'll get 100% burnt out on it and not touch it for a month or two. Rinse and repeat.

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Alchemist
#33 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:26 AM
i dont play that much any more, but when i do, its typically up until the game randomly closes/errors/derps on me and i end up at my desktop once again (usually 2-4 hrs after ive started, including mountainous loading times). after that my mood is suitably soured and i go play something else.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:29 AM
Hmm I think I play for 2 or 3 hours a day on average, sometimes more if I get particularly addicted to a certain challenge or new family or something, or less if I'm getting bored or getting addicted to another game instead. There have been times when I went months without playing, I even went for a year without playing Sims 3 (but was still playing Sims 2)
Inventor
#35 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 11:46 AM
Really depends on what I'm doing, 4 hours is about minimun though.
Playing is different then building, I can work on a single house for 6 hours straight and it'll feel like just an hour or two.
When I first started working on Maple Valley in CAW the first day I worked on it for 20 hours straight.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 2:21 PM
Until my laptop shut's down from overheating. It's been doing that ever since I installed Late Night, I don't get as much time in as I used to. Maybe 3-4 hours, now.
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 8:34 PM
I've been playing Sims since the beginning. I have also been playing other games for a long while as well. I run a huge guild in Rift, have no job, and I take care of the house the bf and I live in. Every few days I take a break from Rift and other games and play a couple hours of Sims. Doing it that way also helps keep me interested in the game.

As far as marathon play sessions, I just finished the Extra Life 24h event with Rift. I am no stranger to playing insane amounts of time in games, especially Sims.
Page 2 of 2