Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunchDrunk
I'm talking about the lifetime rewards ( or whatever they're called ) that make you never be hungry or never use the bathroom ever again. I personally don't like those rewards at all because it defeats the purpose of playing a sim. Why would they include those rewards?

Agreed. I don't use them, either.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:38 PM
I think the only two I ever used was to become a better gardener(Super Green Thumb) and the Long Distance Friend one. The LDF is good when youre trying to climb the corporate ladder and dont want to lose friends
Instructor
#28 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 6:46 PM
I use the fertility treatment if I want my sims to have twins or whatever. Other than that I tend not to use them.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 7:21 PM
I see myself using lifetime rewards such as Long Distance Friends and Office Hero, because it helps me make more friends.

The only lifetime reward I don't ever see myself using is Map To The Stars. It's so pointless, you probably already know where all of the celebrities in your town are, and for 20000 lifetime points it just seems wasteful.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:35 PM
I use all LTWs except the needs ones, like Never Hungry. That would not make my sim cooler, it would make them seem like a robot. I have on occasion used the Meditative Trance Sleep though, but they still need to sleep. And I avoid Motive Mobile, too cheaty. Map to the stars is useless, and I don't bother with Hustler, Always On The List or Watering Hole Regular.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:53 PM
I only use the ones for hunger/sleep/bladder when I have a sim who is taking me forever to skill up. Like when I want to skill them in quite a lot of things but they constantly want to stop to pee. I also use the genie lamp one and the collection helper one. I typically have a surplus of points though because I rarely find a need to use any of those rewards.
One Minute Ninja'd
#32 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:19 AM
Well, there's one advantage to saving all those rewards points. When you die, the size of your tombstone is based on those points. So, if you want a nice grave, hold onto some points for the end.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyandthewall
I only use the ones for hunger/sleep/bladder when I have a sim who is taking me forever to skill up. Like when I want to skill them in quite a lot of things but they constantly want to stop to pee. I also use the genie lamp one and the collection helper one. I typically have a surplus of points though because I rarely find a need to use any of those rewards.

Have them pee their pants. (see signature)

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#34 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, there's one advantage to saving all those rewards points. When you die, the size of your tombstone is based on those points. So, if you want a nice grave, hold onto some points for the end.
Are you sure? I've always been under the impression that it was just the total amount of Lifetime Happiness Points, regardless of whether they were spent on rewards or not.
One Minute Ninja'd
#35 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Are you sure? I've always been under the impression that it was just the total amount of Lifetime Happiness Points, regardless of whether they were spent on rewards or not.

You might be right. I've never seen a total tally, spent or not, so I can't say that for certain. I do know that my sims dying with a large reward "excess" ended up with the "obelisk" grave marker, while those with smaller amounts (that I could see in the LTR tally) had more traditional, smaller markers.

The only practical way I can think of to verify which accounting is used would be to add up the value of rewards "bought" plus the balance, and see if that correlates with the grave marker size. I'll try to pay attention to that on my next elder "transition" generation.
Site Helper
#36 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 3:44 PM
I use the motive ones because I like having more time to let my sim do things I'm interested in having them do. It's not much fun having my sims sit down to dinner because they don't eat together. And now that i've seen them eat, I would rather give them more time to go wander around the neighborhood and see the scenery, or finish writing their novel, or get another skill level for their job, or fill another one of their wants. And even EA admits that watching a houseful of sleeping sims is boring. That's why the game speeds up.

Observant is a must, because I like getting to know about the other sims around. I also love the collection helper, the teleporter, and for Good, magical, or Evil sims the moodlet manager is almost a must. (Just be careful about backfires...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#37 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
Steel Bladder, Hardly Hungry and Dirt Defiant are a must-have for my sims.

They are the first 3 LTWs ALL my sims get. I get annoyed when they interrupt what I told them to do in order to pee, bathe, or eat, so I like these LTWs to reduce the interruptions. Without these LTWs, my sims were peeing, bathing, and eating all the time, and considering they take something like a sim hour each, between that, sleeping, and working, it was all they do all day.

I suppose in a way it's more realistic since some people do just eat, bathe, sleep, and sit on the toilet all day, but it's sure boring to watch.

Resident wet blanket.
One Minute Ninja'd
#38 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 5:52 PM
I typically get the skill based ones, along with items like observant, no jealousy (a must for my promiscuous sims), hardly hungry, and dirt defiant. I never use steel bladder, as it's too unrealistic to me, except for when I was running Awesomemod (changed over to Twallan's stuff now, and am happy with them), which still gave them a slow bladder decay, instead of none.

After seeing this thread, I decided in a new game to skip the hardly hungry, just to see what happened (who remembers after you're used to using these things automatically). Damn, those sims pack away a lot of food. Good thing I don't have the fryer or ice cream maker yet, or I'd probably have morbidly obese sims dropping dead on the treadmill.

I think I'll start reusing hardly hungry.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:42 PM
it's not that they're useless OP. they're just not relevant to your people then. I love them but I don't use them that much. I can understand your POV about ones like steel bladder but I couldn't go without using a few because for example let's face it I can be very observant about people and that is one of the rewards and the best part of it is I don't have to have it as a personality trait (since you have a limited number)
there are some other ones that are relevant to my other people like master of seduction. yeah so basically think about it as extra traits.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:48 PM
Personally, I use every single Reward my Sim can get their hands on. The purpose of most of em is not to have to go through all the tedious crap you did with your first Sim - where it was all new and so fun, or at least tolerable - and get on with doing other stuff you want your Sim to do.
Page 2 of 2