Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:58 AM
Default Favourite Quotes
If a thread like this has already been made, I'm really sorry. I'm sick and a little bit delirious at the moment, and as a result didn't feel like looking through all the pages. I should be sleeping, but no. Anywho, the point of this thread is to post quotes that make you smile, inspire you, or ignite any other emotion in you. I shall get the ball rolling...

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

"When we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness -- and call it love -- true love." - Robert Fulghum

"Every time I read Jane Austen, I want to dig her up and beat her over the head with her shin bone." - Mark Twain
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:03 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 24th Mar 2010 at 10:18 AM.
"What is the difference between a living thing and a dead thing? In the medical world, A clinical definition of death is a body that does not change. Change is life. Stagnation is death. If you don't change, you die. It's that simple, It's that scary"

"DEAR ANYONE WITH LOW SELF ESTEEM, YOU’RE POSITIVELY BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE YOUR FRECKLES ON YOUR NOSE, THEY BRING OUT THE COLORS IN YOUR EYES. YOUR HAIR FRAMES YOUR FACE PERFECTLY. YOUR LAUGH IS CONTAGIOUS AND YOU WILL ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE. THOSE SCARS ON YOUR KNEES? THEY SHOW ME THAT YOU’VE FALLEN. THAT SPARKLE IN YOUR EYES WHEN YOU SMILE? THEY SHOW ME YOU PICKED YOURSELF UP. YOUR SMILE IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, WEAR IT MORE OFTEN. WHO GIVES A SHIT IF YOU HAVE ACNE? WHO CARES IF YOU’RE OVERWEIGHT OR UNDERWEIGHT, TALL OR SHORT, TAN OR PALE, AN A CUP OR A D CUP? ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT SOMEONE THINKS YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE AND THAT SOMEONE IS ME. I WISH YOU COULD LOVE YOURSELF THE WAY I LOVE YOU, THE WAY YOUR FAMILY LOVES YOU, THE WAY YOUR FRIENDS LOVE YOU." sorry it's in caps, I copied and pasted it from someone tumblr and I realy cbf typing it out.
Rubric Wrangler
#3 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:54 PM
"My atheism... is a true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests." - George Santayana

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 2:17 PM
"When life gives ypu lemons squeeze them in someone's eyes and run like hell" kid id ny history class
"if at first you don,t suceed, thwn skydiving is definately not for you" random kid in english class
"i though that i had everybody on my side, but then I went and blew it all sky high.and all becfause I ripped my pants" spongebob

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Rubric Wrangler
#5 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:08 PM
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness." - Leo Tolstoy

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein

"The kitten has a luxurious, Bohemian, unpuritanical nature. It eats six meals a day, plays furiously with a toy mouse and a piece of rope, and suddenly falls into a deep sleep whenever the fit takes it. It never feels the necessity to do anything to justify its existence; it does not want to be a Good Citizen; it has never heard of Service. It knows that it is beautiful and delightful, and it considers that a sufficient contribution to the general good." - Robertson Davies

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." William Ralph Inge

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." - Gerry Spence

"Liberty, too, must be limited to be possessed." - Edmund Burke

"In the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud:
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed." - "Invictus", W.E. Henley

This is a small sampling from my quote journal, which consists entirely of me collecting quotes that I enjoy!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:31 PM
"Baby, I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery and I just got tortured by a damn spinal surgeon and a genuine Iraqi. Of course I'm serious" - Sawyer (Lost)

"Dude, you've got some...Arzt...on you." - Hurley (Lost)

"I came down in my invisible submarine. Don't you see it?" - Charlie (Lost)

"Live together.... or die alone." - Jack (Lost)

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:45 PM
"An inferior poet lives the poetry that he cannot write. The others write the poetry they dare not realize." -Oscar Wilde

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever- its loveliness increases, it will never pass into nothingness." -John Keats

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight." -Gabriel Garcia Marquez

"When I'm writing, I'm far away, and when I come back, I've gone." -Pablo Neruda

"I should like to bury something precious in every place where I've been happy and then, when I'm old and ugly and miserable, I could come back and dig it up and remember." -Evelyn Waugh

"I will not wait to love as best I can. We thought we were young and that there would be time to love well sometime in the future. This is a terrible way to think. It is no way to live, to wait for love." -Dave Eggers

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Theorist
#8 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:32 PM
Hmmm. I wonder where we've seen this one before:
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
~Douglas Adams

Here are some more of my favourites. :
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
~Douglas Adams

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
~Douglas Adams

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
~Douglas Adams

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
~Douglas Adams

Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
~Douglas Adams

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
~Anon

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
~Anon

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
~Douglas Adams

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
~Anon

Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable.
~Madeline Kahn as "Mrs White" in Clue (1985)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that your's is stupid.
~Anon

RIP Douglas Adams.
(I'm very glad that I wrote these in the Da Girls Club, and not in a place where a male could stroll upon them. )

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#9 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 9:43 PM
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

I love that one. Every time I get angry, I try to keep it in mind, and it always helps me see the situation from a far more beneficial perspective.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 10:18 PM
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." -William James

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 7:12 PM
"Life is the theater and we are the actors." - Macbeth
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:29 AM
"Do you know what hurts the most about a broken heart? Not being able to remember how you felt before. Try to keep that feeling, because if it goes, you'll never get it back." - Cassie, Skins, Season 2
Inventor
#14 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:39 AM
"Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless bitch" - The Big Bang Theory Sheldon. More of a funny one.

"Never was so much owed by so many to so few" - Winston Churchill

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Scholar
#15 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 12:51 PM
"Did you have an awesome time? Did you drink awesome shooters, listen to awesome music, and then just sit around and soak up each others awesomeness" - Mean Girls, Janice . Classic
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
~Anon

I must really have a twisted sense of humor. This was so funny to me!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 3:09 PM
^ It amused me too :P.

Banned
#18 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 4:22 PM
"Gots to go to Norways now... sees my dads die. Sees you."
"Sees yous, Tokis! Haves a great times!"

(the S's are because of accent). I must be twisted or something inside. Because I kept laughing long after the show ended.

"...And we went round and round the roundabout, at least twenty times, and it was very surreal, because we just went in circles over and over, and my dad kept screaming, 'Go, go, he's going to hit you!'"

Ah, good times with books.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 4:14 AM
*revives*

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Girls aren’t beautiful, they’re pretty. Beautiful is too heavy a word to assign to a girl. Women are beautiful because their faces show that they know they have lost something and picked up something else." - Henry Rollins
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 11:56 AM
"You don't have to be gay to be a supporter. You just have to be human." - Daniel Radcliffe. Unf.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM
"Love goes on, but time does not return again..."
~Emilie Autumn

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 11:58 PM