Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9774 (Who?), Viewed: 1231826 times.
Page 391 of 391
Lab Assistant
#9751 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 7:24 AM
I learned this a while ago but remembered this recently:
If you kick out a Sim from your active household and then later get them to move back in, that Sim returns with his/her lifetime rewards intact (not the points themselves but the bonus things like Legendary Host, Fast Learner, etc.).

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Test Subject
#9752 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:42 AM
I found strays in Oasis Landing. Weird.
Field Researcher
#9753 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 11:43 AM
I discovered that a party animal sim will always be thanked by the host for coming to the party, even if he murdered the host and it is the ghost of the host doing the thanking.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Theorist
#9754 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:26 PM
That Sims can fall into the dive pools. Usually my Sims smoothly dive in, but today I had a Sim fall in.
Site Helper
#9755 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:19 PM
When you want to get a glowing hole from the miner, you get normal ones that you can use as tunnels. When you want to build a tunnel complex going all over the map, you get glowing holes.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#9756 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
It's about the orientation of a lot, i.e., which side is the "front".
I had a house that was evidently backwards on the lot, or the lot was backwards upon the world, or something. For whatever reason, a saved game of that household showed a thumbnail view of the back of the house. I had thought it went back to some lot-creation-time problem, so it would be unfixable at game-playing time.

But no. It's the front door. If I set a door as "front door" that faces the street side of the house", my saves now show thumbnails with a street-side view of the lot.

I never knew that before. I can only conclude that I haven't been playing TS3 enough.

If you have testingcheats enabled then you can also Shift-click on the floor near the edge of the Lot and select "Set As Front Of Lot"

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#9757 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:41 PM
TIL that sims can route through half a tile spaces. For example, if you place a dining table near a wall, like this:

W
S [] S

with S being the seats and W the wall, sims can route between the table and wall to reach the seats on the left

Programs I use and heavily recommend: Nraas Suite | S3PE | Multi Installer | S3RC | Save Cleaner
My ultimate guide to programs, custom content, and tutorials. It's stuff I use almost all the time, and absolutely worth checking out.
Theorist
#9758 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChasingButterfliesx
That the mail man or woman can get mad for whatever reason and decide to throw your mail on the ground rather than put it in the box.

That sometimes happens if they deliver bills but you haven't paid the previous bills.

Just call me Nikel
Site Helper
#9759 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 2:08 AM
That a toddler who is close to learning to talk, when being taught by a sim who suddenly announces that they are starving, will repeat the "I'm starving" word bubble. Even when the toddler is not hungry because she was just fed by the sim who was SUPPOSED to have something to eat himself before teaching the toddler to talk.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#9760 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 4:55 AM
This isn't directly related to the game, but I just found out if you have 50% of a set that qualifies for the Complete Your Set discount, they let you have the rest of the set for free.

Sims 3 Midnight Island Challenge: http://maekitten.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#9761 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 11:26 AM
TIL that if you happen upon a sim about to give birth and initiate Take to hospital but cancel out of it, your sim will still receive the 80+ moodlet for being happy about the birth even though they did not witness it. My sim doubled on that because she went home to give birth herself

omnis mundi creatura
Lab Assistant
#9762 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenette069
This isn't directly related to the game, but I just found out if you have 50% of a set that qualifies for the Complete Your Set discount, they let you have the rest of the set for free.

This doesn't happen for me. I have over 50% of some sets but they still require points to purchase the rest.
Were the items you were viewing perhaps on sale or on Daily Deal? I know that sometimes the sale discount is enough to make the item free for CYS.

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#9763 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:11 AM
Apparently sims can sit on bathtubs. Who knew.
Screenshots
Scholar
#9764 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 2:58 PM
My sim received a love letter (?) that said "Chase wants to get together with you and blank blank" or something similar (it was left empty with dash lines) Very weird..or very explicit depending on your mind.

If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown
Scholar
#9765 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 4:33 PM
When your sims own venues and businesses around town, they will pick up the profits returned by those establishments.
The odd part is that venues display "Collect Money", while businesses display "Collect Simoleons".

Programs I use and heavily recommend: Nraas Suite | S3PE | Multi Installer | S3RC | Save Cleaner
My ultimate guide to programs, custom content, and tutorials. It's stuff I use almost all the time, and absolutely worth checking out.
Field Researcher
#9766 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:56 AM
I learned that Sims can get the plague and they can spread it to toddler and even baby sims.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9767 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 3:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I learned that Sims can get the plague and they can spread it to toddler and even baby sims.

Really? The Plague? Like, The Black Death? Toddlers and babies getting it too? I thought I pretty well knew this game, and then something new like this turns up. And I thought toddlers and babies couldn't die in TS3.
Field Researcher
#9768 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 5:56 AM
Well it's some sort of curse of sickness where they stink, throw up all the time and seem to have a green gas around them and the calls it The Plague.

My PC specs.
One Minute Ninja'd
#9769 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 12:03 PM
I got in the habit of getting the Simmunity LTR because I found the allergy thing annoying, and thought the only other illness I wouldn't get was a cold/flu. I didn't know it blocked other illnesses like that, although I'm not sure if I want to go through a smelly sim illness. I wonder how many more illnesses snuck into the game which I haven't seen because of that.
Field Researcher
#9770 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:26 PM
I may have gotten it on a world adventure but I am not sure because I wasn't pay close attention until Sims started passing it to each other.

My PC specs.
Test Subject
#9771 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 8:19 PM
Either this was just a really weird coincidence, or the way the game assigns traits to kids who haven't met the Honor Roll is less random than I thought, but...this sort of thing happened twice.

The first time I had a kid age up without me getting to choose a trait, I had a baby whose mother had the Evil trait without anything to really balance it out. She kept stealing candy from him all through his early childhood, and then when he aged up from a toddler to a child (I play high free will, and since she was a single parent no one else was around to balance out the awful) he got the Kleptomaniac trait.

The second time was a little more complicated. In one of my legacies years ago one of my little girls saw her dad cheat on her mom. Even before her parents split up (they eventually got back together, but things were never really the same) I saw the daughter talking to Grandma during their daily chess practice together, while the speech bubble over both of them had the wedding rings with the red "no" circle over it. Grandma was divorced herself so that could have been the cause of that bubble coming up, but it's still kind of hilariously suspicious.

The funk over her parents' really terrible marriage distracted her from her studies, and when she finally aged up to a teen she got...Commitment Issues.

Has anyone else ever had their Sim children get really startlingly appropriate traits this way?
One Minute Ninja'd
#9772 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMontoya
snip.............
Has anyone else ever had their Sim children get really startlingly appropriate traits this way?

I've been playing this since it was released way back in 2009, and have never had such an intelligent outcome with Sim kids. I'm jealous.
Site Helper
#9773 Old Yesterday at 2:56 PM
A pregnant sim was constantly reading pregnancy books. Her son was born a bookworm. She constantly read pregnancy books during the next pregnancy and got a daughter who was a bookworm. I began to wonder why the game had something to force a child to have the bookworm trait until her third child did not get Bookworm.

But all of my sims have a lot of "appropriate" conversations. (And some wildly inappropriate ones, like discussing woohoo with a toddler.)

Lab Assistant
#9774 Old Yesterday at 6:22 PM
Sims can dream of other sims. My sim invited her romantic interest to stay the night and for a split second they were dreaming of each other. It was so sweet!
Test Subject
#9775 Old Today at 3:05 AM
I just battled Error 12 and discovered I can actually beat it by resetting the town and immediately saving from Map View. Plus, Win8 had only allocated about a quarter of the potential memory so no wonder... game is running smooth as silk now :3

Also, in a more doozy moment, I discovered that there is actually a tab for afterschool activities under "School"....DOH.

omnis mundi creatura
Page 391 of 391