Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9849 (Who?), Viewed: 1242921 times.
Page 394 of 394
One Minute Ninja'd
#9826 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 1:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandraSpears
.....................I also found out a Sim can have three romantic interests and still have the Faithful reputation--my guess is interacting with just his girlfriend/wife and not the other girls...................

Oh, be careful with that one. I've had Casanova/Natashas (7 or more romantic interests) suddenly turn into Faithful (really??) then, at some point, bang, they're labeled Cheaters. Which is too bad, because Casanova provides a really cute moodlet for the partner for paraphrasing "great woohoo with someone experienced" (pretty sure that's from the game, but I also have Woohooer, so who knows).
Lab Assistant
#9827 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 5:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Oh..something rather stupid. Today i found out that there is only one said skill book per..bookcase in a library.
So if you thought of sending both your sims to read gardening Vol. 2, well one will have to find another skill-book, bookcase to be able to read that same book.

This mod is a lifesaver.

I discovered that if you have NRaas story progression installed, it'll count objects on Late Night styled apartment lots toward an inspection, even if they're in an area with a Public Room Marker. Which means that I have an answer to my affordable housing crisis if I just make some boarding houses and communal living options...
Mad Poster
#9828 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Oh, be careful with that one. I've had Casanova/Natashas (7 or more romantic interests) suddenly turn into Faithful (really??) then, at some point, bang, they're labeled Cheaters. Which is too bad, because Casanova provides a really cute moodlet for the partner for paraphrasing "great woohoo with someone experienced" (pretty sure that's from the game, but I also have Woohooer, so who knows).

It wasn't something I did on purpose. I have the NRAAS mod and well, sims flirt with each other. This sim had two other romantic interests at the time I had him move in (I move them in, get them married, and go from there). So up until that time this sim was an inactive. I just had to repair the damage!

My Riverblossom Hills blog! Alexandra's Riverblossom Hills
Site Helper
#9829 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 5:08 AM
I had a sim on vacation in China, where he met a woman with whom he had so much in common that he started rolling romantic wants (which is pretty good for a shy, unflirty loner.) In the middle of their first date, she suddenly became engaged to someone else. Just before he went home she married the other person, so he went over to her house and asked to just be friends. So now he's "faithful" to a married woman in China whom he has no further romantic interest in at all. (He was wanting to cast a pestilence curse on her, but he also wanted to give her a gift. We compromised. She's now the proud owner of a potion which will turn her into a vampire if she drinks it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227

It's woohooer. I never saw that until I installed it, and I had one sim who was making friends by casting love charms on other sims and then talking to them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Test Subject
#9830 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 6:07 AM
One of my child sims had a Imaginary friend doll, but nothing became of it, so she put it as a decoration in her room. She grew up, and had her own child sim. That child sim had an imaginary friend doll who became real!

Here is that now "real imaginary friend"

Yes. I didn't make the imaginary friend do this; I didn't make her take toy form nor did I make her chose to play with the old doll; she did it all on her own even though she had a teddy bear doll in her inventory. I don't think it will ever turn, tho.

I just thought it was interesting.
Test Subject
#9831 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 5:16 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I made new discoveries. The Group science project that you get when you reach level 10 of the science skill...
1) If you put it on your home lot, sims will invite themselves to your house and walk in and do all kinds of inappropriate things, but there's no "inappropriate guest" buff on any of your household sims.
2) If you put the Group Science Project in your basement, it has to be at B3 (three basements down) or it will invisibly poke up through your house and cause routing problems. It cut my sims off from the kitchen, and they were starving before I figured out what was going on.

Regarding Imaginary Friends:
3) An Made real Imaginary Friend occult type only gets the 5 hour "Making friends" or "Tea Party" buffs if they interact with the Imaginary friend doll or have a tea party while in Sim form, not in toy form.

Plant Sims:
4) Like Aliens rid in a motive mobile or uses the moodlet manager, they will get the sleepy buff. IF a plant sim rides a motive mobile, they will get the bladder and hunger buff. They're not supposed to get these. (I postulate that the same thing happens to plant sims who are victims of the moodlet manager). This is fixed by resetting the alien or plant sim. (Rule of thumb, if they're green, you need to reset them)
Lab Assistant
#9832 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 7:04 PM
Apparently if you use the Generations costume chest and one of your kids is dressed as a prince while another is dressed as a princess, they'll play royal court together. It's adorable.

Also I've known this for a while, but I'm always so happy when I remember that girls can dress as princes and boys can dress as princesses.
Field Researcher
#9833 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 8:34 PM
I discovered this by accident. Press F10 to hide the pause lines and the UI. It's perfect for taking pictures.

If you have faith, you survive
Lab Assistant
#9834 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 9:20 AM
You can't have Sims be multiple occults without mods...in most cases. Apparently the Ghost occult stacks on top of other occults just fine.

Case in point: two sims of mine, a ghost (made in CAS, didn't actually die onscreen) and a mermaid, are married. Their first two kids are a pair of twins, who are both just regular mermaids. When the time for the twins to age up to Teen rolls around, I decide to have them have another kid so that I can still have a kid to play with one last time.

Kid #3 pops out and I get a freaking ghost fish.

Also, I'm not sure if default mermaid scale color is inherited or not. The mermaid mom in the above situation has blue scales, but all three of her kids are mermaids and have either pinky-purply or pink and white scales. If it was just one, I'd think it's random, but the fact that all three kids are in the same color range makes me wonder if it is genetic? I know you can just recolor them whatever you want, but eh, I like going with what the game gives me.

It miiiiiiiiiiiight have something to do with the genes for eye color, since their ghost parent has pink eyes (and the mermaid parent has blue eyes.)
Site Helper
#9835 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 7:44 PM
Apparently a cowardly ghost can frighten himself? A ghost mourned his own tombstone, then haunted it. When he popped out he fainted. After he woke up I discovered he was a coward.

(PS. Don't tell ghost stories to a coward....)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#9836 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 9:14 PM
Adding objects to collections ensures that those objects will always be visible in that collection, without using cheats. The most useful application I've found for this is adding the buydebug lights and lot markers to a collection in order to avoid the lag from the misc category

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims!
My ultimate guide to programs, custom content, and tutorials. It's stuff I use almost all the time, and absolutely worth checking out.
Field Researcher
#9837 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Elynda : 16th Apr 2016 at 3:06 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek
I discovered this by accident. Press F10 to hide the pause lines and the UI. It's perfect for taking pictures.

Yes, that's a very handy trick. Would you believe, after all this time, I only recently realised I could be playing Sims 3 in glorious Widescreen? Up till now I have been looking at everything in 4:3 aspect, because I always assumed playing the game in Widescreen would distort the picture (as was the case in Sims 2). All I had to do was match the game's resolution to the monitor's native resolution. I'm an idiot!
This, plus your above tip, have really helped when it comes to screenshots.

"Well, the way things are can go eat a dick, then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe.
Tumblr: elyndaworld
Test Subject
#9838 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 6:33 PM
I discovered that if you select a saved household with a plumbot and a witch in a game that you started without supernatural or into the future via "Any Game selector", that you can neither play the game, no back out and select a more appropriate household.

Which is unexpected, since I had a household with an alien but it let me play it without seasons. My alien was just a green narrow nosed pointy eared regular sim, tho.
Test Subject
#9839 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 3:52 AM
(Yeah, a double post. But it's been 4 days)

I've discovered that you can make steel sculptures if you go to the junkyard and get scrap. I thought the "make a sculpture out of steel" wish was a glitch before today.
I've discovered that while making a steel sculpture that your sim can catch fire. Not good since I made an "art studio" across town that didn't yet have a shower.
I've discovered that a flaming sim can call the fire department.
Ive discovered that the firefighter won't come in time to put your sim out. (even if your sim's mom is the firefighter).
I've discovered a new way for sims to die.
I've discovered that yes, death flowers really do work.
I've discovered that a sim brought back to life by "death" can clean up his own ashes.

So many discoveries in a short time!
Top Secret Researcher
#9840 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 4:34 AM
These are some hot discoveries.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Lab Assistant
#9841 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 7:30 PM
Today I learned that holding down the Alt key while dragging objects in buy/build mode allows you to rotate many objects freely, and also lower/raise certain shelves and other wall decorations freely.
I feel so stupid now. I have been playing this game for over three years now, and I had no idea!
Site Helper
#9842 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 1:52 AM
Have you found out about using shift to place multiple items yet?

Scholar
#9843 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 12:16 AM
To turn an Enemy into a Friend, spam either "Shaka Bra!" or "Chat", alternatively. Even if the "Smooth Recovery" and "Propose Truce" interactions are available, they will always be rejected if the relationship is near -100. But sims will never reject "Shaka Bra" - not even if you spam 10 in a row and you don't have the Never Dull LTR -, and throwing a few "Chats" in there keeps things from getting boring.

My ultimate guide to programs, custom content, and tutorials. It's stuff I use almost all the time, and absolutely worth checking out.
Site Helper
#9844 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:23 PM
Which EP is Shaka Bra in? I don't have that. Or Propose Truce.

(Actually, I have Supernatural, so I generally just mix and throw potions. Nemesis to Best Friend in one fell swoop!)

Scholar
#9845 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 8:02 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 24th Apr 2016 at 9:46 AM.
"Shaka Bra" is in University Island Paradise (thanks, nikel23!). As for "Propose Truce"...I think it's a basegame interaction but it comes up very rarely, from what I've seen.
"Chat" does lead to the sim getting bored if you're using it several times in a row, and these are the only two interactions I've found that have no negative reactions from an Enemy. All the others drag the relationship down ever further, and compliments are seen as impolite - even when complimenting a Genius on their intelligence, for example, or "Enthusing about Exercise" to an Athletic sim.

Oh, one more thing I discovered today. Lately I've been getting kind of lazy with savegame maintenance, and I got this:

Yeaaah...I think I'm going to clean the savegame at least 3x a week now.

Field Researcher
#9846 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:03 AM
I discovered that dogs are way too much trouble to keep around if all you have in your household is one Sim. They need so much attention that there is no way your sim can keep a full time job and eat and be fully rested and still keep the dog from getting lonely to the point where the social worker shows up.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have not found a way to balance out the time in a one person household without using cheat codes so my Sim doesn't have to have a job. There really needs to be an option to hire a dog walker while your sim is at work or something like that. Other then that the pets expansion is great, I just wish I could figure out a way to deal with this one little issue.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Lab Assistant
#9847 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:15 AM
Same as real life: you get another dog. Pets can socialize with other pets, so having multiple pets around gives them a friend to keep them company while your Sim is at work. You're also allowed to have your Sim's pets roam around the neighborhood and interact with any sims/pets that are around (note: unlike getting another pet, this is not recommended in real life).
Forum Resident
#9848 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 12:39 AM
I've had one working sim and one sim dog and it worked out okay because I sent the dog out to hunt for stuff all day and then they met other dogs and people and animals in their journeys and came home ready to sleep it off. It just takes a few clicks a sim day while the sim is at work.
Alchemist
#9849 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 3:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
"Shaka Bra" is in University. As for "Propose Truce"...I think it's a basegame interaction but it comes up very rarely, from what I've seen.
"Chat" does lead to the sim getting bored if you're using it several times in a row, and these are the only two interactions I've found that have no negative reactions from an Enemy. All the others drag the relationship down ever further, and compliments are seen as impolite - even when complimenting a Genius on their intelligence, for example, or "Enthusing about Exercise" to an Athletic sim.

Oh, one more thing I discovered today. Lately I've been getting kind of lazy with savegame maintenance, and I got this:

Yeaaah...I think I'm going to clean the savegame at least 3x a week now.

"Shaka Bra" is actually from Island Paradise.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#9850 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 4:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMontoya
Same as real life: you get another dog. Pets can socialize with other pets, so having multiple pets around gives them a friend to keep them company while your Sim is at work. You're also allowed to have your Sim's pets roam around the neighborhood and interact with any sims/pets that are around (note: unlike getting another pet, this is not recommended in real life).

Thank you so much!

I went to so much trouble to create this dog and save it and then it kept getting taken away, now I feel like an idiot because I should have thought of that. Thanks again, I can load an early save and start over using that.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Page 394 of 394