Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:29 PM
Default What's Next?
what do you think, what age should EA do next?

use imagination

how about sims 3 rome or something like that, or Egypt

Back in the building
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:54 PM
well it's like the wife said to me that in some aspects it's "bordering on being the renaissance" maybe just having one set in Venice or whatever Maxis would name it would be nice, although I'd be constantly comparing it to the GuildII on an even more frequent basis if that was to happen.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:55 PM Last edited by James009 : 29th Mar 2011 at 7:58 PM. Reason: MOAR
The Sims... in Space!
Regarding TSM or the series? I'd enjoy more dynasty, monarch, and overall career expansion as their first update and expansions. I agree that an exotic lands expansion would be pretty nice (ie. Egypt, Elven Kingdoms, and such), it'd be fun to travel. I also wish they'd allow us a Sim City 4 regional view of the gameworld that we could customize other territories and stuff. However, I think they should update TSM before doing an expansion as I think TSM is missing a few important things.

Regarding the sims series, I think that it's time EA does something REALLY different and takes the Sims into space. Imagine getting a space ship, exploring the stars and distant planets, trading valuable resources, upgrading your ship, fighting pirates, and doing research. They could make you manage your ship simular to the way Space Colony did making the players maintain power, oxygen/life support, and doing maintance. Could have colonies (stationary planets housing large areas, like mini-neighborhoods), ships (mobile small crafts simular to small to medium houses), and space stations that sims can live on, manage, command, and trade with. The game could easily have lots of alien species and fun traits to boot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:00 AM
well, the Sims Medieval is kinda like the Sims Stories series, isnt it?

so maybe a new age?

Back in the building
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:08 AM
The TSM model is definitely a template on which they could build any number of themed games -- The Sims in Space, The Sims Old West, The Sims Prehistoric, The Sims Atlantis -- the question is, do any of these themes have the mass appeal to make the effort worthwhile for EA? "Medieval" was always a huge theme in TS2 customization, and the way EA implemented it, it's kind of a generic fantasy RPG draw. Is there another theme out there with a similarly-sized audience?
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:26 AM
As James009 says they really should work on the dynasty thing to make it more challenging, I also think a heir to the throne that remains a child is just stupid, but imagine two or three adult heirs, with different traits and approaches, fighting for the throne! And I know Medieval is not about story-telling, but still I think Sims should age, die, and be replaced by a successor.

And if they were going to look for a different theme the most likely would be Rome or Elven/Fantasy (which I hate, btw), or eventually the Far West. Rome would be great, but again they really have to work harder on the game itself. A Sci-Fi theme would be nice but a whole different game, and maybe not so commercial, I don't know.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:28 AM
well the next most popular theme is sci-fi and elves

i personally like sci-fi more

Back in the building
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:58 AM
There are already elves in TSM -- they live in Effenmont All part of the Tolkien-esque fantasy medieval thing.

If they do another game like this, it will absolutely be sci-fi IMO.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 11:13 AM
It could be interesting if for the sims 4, your neighbourhood would start somewhere in the 20's and the years going by slowly, and the world changing accordingly. Objects could be unlocked over time. Through their jobs, sims could have some effect on this as well perhaps. In the end, sims could live in a somewhat futuristic setting.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:09 PM
I really want them to make sims space. I really liked space colony so the sims version of it would be great. I've always been into space and things
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:01 PM
Okay, I really like TSM, and I think exactly this format would work really well for a Cthulhu-based Sims game. The Sims Mythos, or something.
Instructor
#12 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:26 PM
If anything was possible, I would like to put my sim in historical setting around the second world war. Imagine the jacoban priest replaced by an evil dictator...

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Inventor
#13 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 3:11 PM
I would love to see a "Pigs in space" game, but "Sims in space"? Far too many possible rabbit holes. A menacing alien starship? A rabbit hole. Just discovered a new planet? It's a rabbit hole. A black hole? A rabbit hole, of course.

I don't trust EAxis. I just wish they would concentrate on TS3 and try to make a decent game out of it while leaving histories, past and future, alone.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Inhuman One : 30th Mar 2011 at 7:55 PM.
Its best for them to focus on sims medieval expansions for now and more sims3 expansions.

Sims Medieval should definatly get at least one expansion, theres room for at least a dozen expansions though considering the possibilities, and most of it stuff that couldnt be done in regular sims.

They could add horses and jousting, dwarves, archery, ogre's, forests, islands to explore, necromancers, skeletons, more kingdom customization, an arabian nights style kingdom, the ability to visit neigbouring countries, more classes, customiseable armor, dozens of new spells and potions, thousands of quests, several exteriour options for each building, etc.

And lets not forget they also hold the license for Dungeon keeper and Dragon Age. They can officially add stuff from those franchises into the game.

If they are smart they add in Dungeon keeper content to probe the audience reaction to it, paving the way for a possible new dungeon keeper game. I have to admit that the style of sims medieval is quite similar, it has that classic fantasy theme which Dungeon Keeper has as well. Its more true to the medieval roots than most franchises.
Scholar
#15 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:04 PM
EA obviously has some future plans for this game/series. I don't think I have ever seen them make such a marketing push for any kind of Sims game, not to mention the release of two patches within one week. I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the upcoming (unannounced as of yet) revolutionary MMO they are hiring for. I haven't played Medieval yet myself, I wonder if it would lend itself to and online world?

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/03...unced-mmo-game/
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:12 PM
Being a geek; I've already longed for some sort of sci-fi themed Sims game for years.

It's a trap.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:37 PM
I would really like a game like medieval but set in Rome or the Wild West, I think both could have quest and your sims would still work from home.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:40 PM
I agree that EAxis should concentrate on providing expansions for Sims 3 and for TSM, too. Since they've obviously noticed that there are popular niches for specific eras/civilizations of the past, it would be nice to have official content for them. I, personally, am very eager for American Victorian/Old West period stuff, but I'd love to see themes like Ancient Egypt/Rome/China/Japan, Pre-Industrial Age Europe, and Victorian Europe as well...I stll troll the ModTheSims site for period stuff for both Sims 2 and Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:07 PM
I have played it a little so I'm not sure if this is already possible, but I think it would be nice if sims could actually travel to the neighbouring kingdoms/territories and pursue new adventures there, or even start their adventure from one of the neighbouring kindoms instead of the present one. As for other kingdom themes, I love the arabian nights idea. Medieval China or Japan, would also be nice.
Instructor
#20 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
I would love to see a "Pigs in space" game, but "Sims in space"? Far too many possible rabbit holes. A menacing alien starship? A rabbit hole. Just discovered a new planet? It's a rabbit hole. A black hole? A rabbit hole, of course.

I don't trust EAxis. I just wish they would concentrate on TS3 and try to make a decent game out of it while leaving histories, past and future, alone.

I agree. All these damn rabbitholes piss me off so badly I almost feel like mashing the game to death with my skull. It was bad enough in TS3, but in TSM it's ever worse - it's unbelievably aggravating when you need to interact with a certain quest related NPC but you can't access them because they've f**ked off into a rabbithole and you have to wait several game hours for them to come out again so you can continue the quest!

I hope EA gets the message and STOPS using them. We don't like them. Maybe if we're lucky, I hope, they'll completely remove them in the next expansion...
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
The most logic expansion packs would be specific Kingdoms, and Europe as a whole, as well as Old World. Specific Kingdoms you would test your abilities to rule a kingdom, Europe you would test diplomacy, Old World test commanding. Specific Kingdoms have a set scenario based on Monarch. Europe Merchants and Spies have set scenarios. Old World Knights have set scenarios.

A New Sims Game. The Sims Through History, The Sims Law & Crime, The Sims World, The Sims 4. Most of all these suggestions The Sims Law & Crime.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:18 AM
I'd love it if they made a 1900-1940s.... loved the WW's.... grew up learning about them. Would be cool if they had the uniforms for all of them (yet.... one would offend people) But yeah, kingdoms is most likely the new game
Field Researcher
#23 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:21 AM
I'd like to see Victorian Sims... I don't know how it'd work. Like any "opportunities" would be to choose the most appropriate/polite way of doing or saying something....hmm, maybe it could just be very sandboxy compared to TSM?
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:38 AM
Default Sims Anonymous lol
Quote: Originally posted by ThEtYrOnEgUy
what do you think, what age should EA do next?

use imagination

how about sims 3 rome or something like that, or Egypt
Really tho i do like the idea of Sims Rome,But that may not go over too well...The Roman Empire? Whoo-hoo we can have slaves!! Just joking,Or even a Sims Creation/Civilization.type game.The castaways for Wii was a good idea but i hear it sucked. what about Sims Revolution USA Birth of a Country? That would also be interesting enough. To mold a country. Not to mention lots of killing of traitors. lol Now Sims in Space would be too wide open and a little far-fetched, but for Sims to habitat another planet could be interesting. Somewhere along the lines of the old PC game Utopia. Not to be confused with the Intellivision console game of the same name. Hmm.... Sims Utopia lol. Thanks for sparking my imagination.lol