Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:33 AM
Default Anyone else lose their game as a result of building?
I have now lost two kingdoms from getting corrupted when I build. Build works perfectly fine most of the time, but when I get a slide (not sure what else to call it) that discusses "Big thick stone walls" my game crashes, I get the blue screen of death, my computer does a data dump, and restarts. Then when I restart TSM I get a a message saying an error has occurred and I should delete the current game and start over.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:34 AM
Default same problem on laptop
i have had the same problem, also it will say sometimes that it cant load the game because it needs a later version of the game, but the game is updated.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 6:13 AM
How do you build? I didn't even know you could.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
How do you build? I didn't even know you could.

I mean by selecting a building to be built in the Kingdom view.
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 7:26 AM
I believe that this is aquired by expanding your state's "Security" level, not constructed. No idea why it's crashing though... video cards and games updated?
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:42 PM
This seems to be an issue a lot of people are reporting - it's happened to me also. Crashes are either related to 'enable reflections' or getting to security level 7 (when the wall is built)
EA say they're 'doing everything in our power to resolve the issue' so I expect a patch will be on the way soon.

More info here:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5503598.page
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:30 PM
I am not having that problem but am double saving everything. First I am saving my current quest under the name of the kingdom plus the name of the current hero. My kingdom's name is Dark Forest and lets say I am playing my bard. It becomes "Dark Kingdom - Bard". Then I am saving the end of each successive quest immediately after completion to the name of "Dark Kingdom". That way if a quest gets totally messed up I can dump it and start over without having to dump the whole thing.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:20 PM
I have the same problem - although I installed the patch(the first one, I was playing the game unpatched while waiting for the patch to download) and everything seems okay now - seems being the keyword. I'm almost scared to start the game up again in fear that I'll get the BSOD and then it'll completely kill my computer. O.O
I haven't had to start the game all over again, though.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 5:39 AM
The problem I am having is similar.

It's not corrupting my kingdom, but it does crash my computer every time. I am at security level 7 and during this time, I can't place the black smith building. I can place any other building, like the watcher pavillion for example, but every single time I try to place the black smith building my computer crashes and I get the blue screen of death, dumping, and restarting. GAAAH!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 5:56 AM
The only issue im having with Medieval is after the Priest quest, where the nature guy comes in and is converting people, my game becomes corrupted. The screen will turn brown, and I can't see any buildings or my sims etc. But, i can still see the UI and the little icons in kingdom mode, and when I furnish, I can see the house, but everything outside is black. . .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:01 PM
I just had my game crash..blue screen etc/.This cannot be good for the computer..and yes my graphics card is up to date..checked that before I made this post.Perhaps I`ll hold off playing until the bugs are worked out- I had to lose my computer on an occasion when it crashes. I have Windows Vista.
I just finished my second quest the royal vacation and was given a choice of bulings to placew..I chose the barracks..and then the screen went black..And then blue and then the fatal error notification.
I really enoy this game, but is it safe to play if it keeps crashing??
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:55 PM
I have the same problem, I have lost one kingdom and its putting me off playing another until this gets sorted out, and I do hope this gets sorted out soon as enjoy playing the game