Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 2:38 AM
Default Fun tiny features :)
I keep finding little things to love in this EP. For instance, not only is the inventor's workbench fully CAST-able, but it has decor slots on it So you can clutter it and put on lamps and so on. Any other fun finds?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:25 AM
I find it interesting that I can salvage items from the scrapyard.. although I haven't been able to do anything with them yet, aside from getting the option to replace them for the full cost of a new item. Perhaps when I get a higher inventing skill I'll be able to fix them or something. I also love the new organization of the pop-up messages.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:30 AM
It's not tiny, but I LOVED the thunderstorm effect in the Firefighter mission, it's awsome! Sadly, it lagged my PC like hell. I wonder if weather EP will explode my PC. D:
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:12 AM
I also love being able to detonate things (which now that I'm at a higher inventing skill I can detonate -everything-) and the miner that sims can invent is freaking awesome! It can find gems and metals (it found a rainbow gem, tiberium, and soulpeace within the first few hours of use) and can make tunnels that sims can crawl through. I wonder if you make a tunnel in one of the vacation spots if they'll be able to crawl through back to home? I'll have to test that out at some point...

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:31 AM
I love that there's a trace after a viking axe on the sculpting bench!

I did by accident detonate the firetruck. *whistle and walk away*
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:02 PM
ROFL! I just imagined my sim digging to China!

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
It's not tiny, but I LOVED the thunderstorm effect in the Firefighter mission, it's awsome! Sadly, it lagged my PC like hell. I wonder if weather EP will explode my PC. D:

This made me laugh and feel sad for you at the same time. I'm kind of wondering the same thing for my computer. :/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
ROFL! I just imagined my sim digging to China!

If that is possible, I want to hug EA. That alone would be awesome enough for this whole EP.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:50 PM
i've noticed that now it shows everyone's vehicle parked at all the lots. before it only showed the vehicles of the sims i was playing.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:01 PM
When my sim got level 10 as an architect, the city hosted a party for her and handed her the key to the city .
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:04 PM
I was playing Ambitions today, and I totally ran across this cool new feature. From what I've gathered, it's called the Blue Screen of Death. For those who think this game isn't difficult enough, the introduction of this feature will surely pose a challenge to even the most experienced Simmer! My sim was preparing Goopy Carbonara for the family (who rudely decided to eat leftover birthday cake instead while he was cooking!) when boom! Blue Screen of Death! The effect was so realistic that I had to restart my computer, and when I did, I was informed that I didn't have a hard drive! This game is awesome...I discover new things every day!

Edit: The moral of the story is, don't let your laptop overheat.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM
I've only been playing it for a day, but I love the scrapyard and the meteors. I also love that painters, gardeners and writers can register, so they aren't forced into a job if you switch houses. I wonder if EA picked that up from Twallan's mod?
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:28 PM
Inventor explosives,drill(tunnels gems), simbot are cool

also roof pitch, interface changes etc
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM
I'm a fan of detonating stuff as well. My Inventor Sim has been cruising around to the neighbors' houses when they aren't home and blowing up everything she can outside of their houses for scrap. Good times.

A good friend will bail you out of jail. Your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying, "That was SO AWESOME!"
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:54 AM
For the first time ever, I got a wrong number call. I never saw that before and was totally surprised!

#16 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:21 AM
I like that adults can now be best friends forever. It replaces old friends because it happen to me last night. The roomate family was best friends forever those 2 girls that live together. Their adults.

I also like that you can adjust the opacity of makeup and lipstick.

Another favorite is you can set relationships as boy/girlfriend and fiancie.

I love that your sims can give themselves a makeover at home or in the parlor and they do those animations like look themselves over before it goes to cas.

I like that the new places are open to all sims 24 hours a day even thou there is no people working there at night. Any of your sims can sleep in the firedepartment if they want to or in the consignment shop if you put a bed upstairs. All the shops have additional floors which could be used as apartments if you furniturize them.

I like how you can send the spouse to her spouses workplace to visit him. I did this. I had a husband go to the firedepartment and share a kiss with his wife who worked there in front of everyone. I also like how you can place a townie or cas in town in these jobs and have yours working there then they meet the one you want them to meet at work.

I love the laundry mat and the bar is a lot better then the one in Riverview.

I love the washers and dryers as well as the hampers and recycling bins. I also love the motorcycle.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:32 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 5th Jun 2010 at 5:50 AM.
Heh, I just noticed the improved real estate interface You can buy and manage community lots, venues and vacation homes all from the same phone option on three different tabs.

Also, after the Bargain John broke once too often... my inventor got a wish to blow it up As a homeowner, I totally know the feeling!
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I also like how you can place a townie or cas in town in these jobs and have yours working there then they meet the one you want them to meet at work.
O.o Mind clarifying on that?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:41 AM
Its only a tiny thing, but not something I expected. My sim is a firefighter, and managed to set fire to her own home (I know, right...) but anyway an NPC firefighter showed up, who doesn't work at the firestation with my sim. My sim had already put out the fire herself, and I was expecting a fine or something, but instead the NPC said "Be more careful next time, see you back at the station!"
I just like how EA made the NPC firefighter and my sim recognise that they were in the same profession it was much more realistic.

Call me Kay please :)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by masterforger
I was playing Ambitions today, and I totally ran across this cool new feature. From what I've gathered, it's called the Blue Screen of Death. For those who think this game isn't difficult enough, the introduction of this feature will surely pose a challenge to even the most experienced Simmer! My sim was preparing Goopy Carbonara for the family (who rudely decided to eat leftover birthday cake instead while he was cooking!) when boom! Blue Screen of Death! The effect was so realistic that I had to restart my computer, and when I did, I was informed that I didn't have a hard drive! This game is awesome...I discover new things every day!

Edit: The moral of the story is, don't let your laptop overheat.

Hillarious!!But my sister had a similar problem with Sims 2 (moral of my story: Clean the cooler of the PC sometimes), so it's not too new to me.

I love that the investigators "hide" behind the bushes - I laughed so hard the first time. It's kinda stupid, but a nice idea. And I LOVE Twinbrook with the fog and those run-down houses (okay, not a little feature, but nevertheless) ...
Retired
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 9:32 AM
So, you can't get a Mummy SimBot hybrid, but sleeping a SimBot in the Cursed Sarcophagus for a long time will replace one random trait with Evil, which is cute.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#22 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:52 AM
Put a laundry basket near where sims undress and they automatically throw laundry into it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:28 AM
I love how the neighborhood seems so much more lively now. I made my sim drill in the middle of the night, and she got a visit from angry neighbors right away !
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:35 AM
I detonated someone elses expensive sports car, my sim got a warning, but I can still imagine the other sim walking around looking for their car!
"I'm sure I parked it here!"

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Inventor
#25 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:05 PM
Not sure if it's a recent patch or Ambitions that did it, but I noticed more autonomy for my sims. Previously I never saw a sim start a painting by themselves unless they had the Artistic trait (in which case they'd make a bee-line to the easel as soon as they had a minute spare time) Or a non-genius sim go and play chess on the PC by themselves. I quite like it (Free will for sims!)

I also liked when my Inventor/Sculptor/Painter sim started to made a metal sculpture by himself with the scrap he had in his inventory, even more surprised that he made a metal chair :D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Page 1 of 5