Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 6:26 PM
Default Sims Medieval Bug?
Hi guys, so i've been playing this game for a few days now & it has been really entertaining.
Thing is though, i notice that there's a bug when i'm playing the "King for a day" quest.

*Might have spoilers*
One of the task is to find the town crier & confront him, but there's no icon of him for me to click on. Cause i know for a fact, there should be an icon with his face on it to indicate where is he located at. So any ideas how i could fix it? I've updated from 1.1 to 1.2 by the way. Still the same problem.
Cheers
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 6:48 PM
He probably has gone to rest at the village. You have to either wait for him to come back or, if it is day, try to invite him by sending him a pigeon. I had the same thing happen to me - he left for the village at the very moment I was about to talk to him and had to wait until morning.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:21 PM
I've actually tried that, i let my sim slept for 3 days & the town crier still didn't appear.
Does that mean i have to reinstall my game?
Will my data be lost though?
Also, i couldn't find the directory to where my saved profile is located, so that maybe i could copy it & i wouldn't have to restart all over?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:35 PM
If you're using Windows 7 look under My Documents>Electronic Arts. You should see the TSM folder there that has all your saves etc. I just backed up my data in anticipation of the 1.3 patch.

I didn't have any trouble w/King For A Day,so I can't help you there,sorry.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:37 PM
If you're running windows I believe the saves are located in documents/electronic arts/the sims medival/saves

As for not being able to find the town crier, yes it would be considered a bug that the "gold medal" thing isn't showing you the way.
If your "king for a day" hero has interacted with the town crier prior to the quest, the town crier should be in their "relationships" tab and you can turn on a "sim tracking" icon to find them by clicking on thier portrait.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
If your "king for a day" hero has interacted with the town crier prior to the quest, the town crier should be in their "relationships" tab and you can turn on a "sim tracking" icon to find them by clicking on thier portrait.
There are times (I think if the Sim is in a rabbit hole) when Sims get the "This Sim cannot have a marker at this time" making them unable to track though. If they are on the relationship panel, best way to try to summon them is invite via messenger post.

I had a similar issue when I had the quest that required dancing to the NPC bard's lute. Couldn't find or track him for days, finally Shift right-clicked someone who had him on the relationship panel and sent a pigeon. Then he popped up in the correct location.