Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 7:34 AM
Default Lots that Are Blue and do not render well
I have been working on my world and some of the lots were blue land around the buildings when viewed in edit town, EIG, and overall view in CAW. When zoomed in all was OK. Touched some and then they were fine. Then as soon as I was back to edit town or CAW or EIG they were blue again.

I did some research and read that editing lots in EIG can cause this. I managed to solve the issue for the moment as read to delete all IMG resources except the textures to clean them up. It worked.

Generally, I have heard it is best/easier to build in EIG, and if so wonder what causes this for some lots and how to avoid it? I am a tad scared to edit them further as they may turn blue again, but if so I hope the IMG cleanup works?

What do you all know about this issue? Suggestions? Thanks.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:24 PM
I always used to create my world in CAW with empty lots added, then load this into the game and build the lots there.

Once I had my lots all finished and ready, I'd go into CAW, open up EIG mode and import the built lots to the world.

That way I found I had to do less fiddling around with deleting textures and caches and re-generating thumbnails.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 11:47 PM
I think I may do that next time. So far I am OK with cleaning the IMG resources, but that is good to know. Thanks!