Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 14
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:36 PM
Interesting mod! I am a Chinese from Hong Kong, here are two translations.

Chinese CN:
- 'Sing' 唱歌
- 'Pass Out' 晕倒
- 'Get Drunk' 喝醉
- 'Wet Self' 尿裤子
- 'Change To Random Outfit' 随机换衣
- 'Get Naked' 脱光
- 'Bad Buzz' 触电
- 'Cry' 哭泣
- 'Drunk Hysteria' 神志不清

Chinese TW
- 'Sing' 唱歌
- 'Pass Out' 暈倒
- 'Get Drunk' 喝醉
- 'Wet Self' 尿褲子
- 'Change To Random Outfit' 隨機換衣
- 'Get Naked' 脫光
- 'Bad Buzz' 觸電
- 'Cry' 哭泣
- 'Drunk Hysteria' 神志不清
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 2:40 PM
Thanks for this mod, original idea!
Anyways, here's the Dutch translation:

-'Sing' = Zingen
- 'Pass Out' = Bewusteloos raken
- 'Get Drunk' = Dronken worden
- 'Wet Self' = Zichzelf onderplassen
- 'Change To Random Outfit' = Willekeurige outfit aantrekken
- 'Get Naked' = Kleren uittrekken
- 'Bad Buzz' = kind of hard to translate, maybe someone else knows?
- 'Cry' = Huilen
- 'Drunk Hysteria' = Dronken hysteria (or something like that XD)
Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 2:59 PM
(German)
Hi! Wenn meine Sim trinkt, dann Sim nur eine bestimmte Animation machen wird? Danach wird Sim wieder Normal? Z.B.: Sie singt und das ist alles? Danach macht Sim nichst? :S
Es wäre gut, wenn Sim gleichzeitig mehrere Dinge machen kann. Sim trinkt, sie singt, danach stolpert (mit dem Animation von ungeschickt= Tollpatschig), danach sie im Garten pisst ( ) und so weiter.
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:23 PM
German Translation:

- 'Sing' = Singen
- 'Pass Out' = Ohnmächtig werden
- 'Get Drunk' = Sich betrinken
- 'Wet Self' = Sich einnässen
- 'Change To Random Outfit' = Zufälliges Outfit anziehen
- 'Get Naked' = Sich ausziehen
- 'Bad Buzz' = Nervenzusammenbruch bekommen
- 'Cry' = Weinen
- 'Drunk Hysteria' = Hysterisch werden
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:35 PM
This doesn't work if I don't have WA ? Or did I understand something wrong... :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:53 PM
This mod is just great, thanx)))) I can do some Russian translation, here it is:
- Sing - Петь
- 'Pass Out' - упасть в обморок or отключиться
- 'Get Drunk' - напиться
- 'Wet Self' - обмочиться
- 'Change To Random Outfit' - переодеться в случайный костюм
- 'Get Naked' - раздеться догола
- 'Bad Buzz' - раздражать,not sure 'bout this one
- 'Cry' - плакать
- 'Drunk Hysteria' - устроить пьяную истерику or пьяная истерика

hope this will help)
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:47 PM
thanks cant wait to use it
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 6:22 PM
I think both moodlets associated to this mod ("Sugar Rush" and "Hangover") should be renamed for something related to alcohol in all languages ("Sugar Rush" --> "Drunkenness" in English, "Ivre" in French; "Hangover" --> "Gueule de bois" in French, for example), as someone suggested in the comments of another mod.

@Rosawyn : I agree. The drunkenness should be followed by hangover, and not both and then the hangover only (like coffee).
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 7:00 PM
Hey cool mod. Here's the translations for it in Dutch and Turkish, I could also do it in German, but I wanna bet there are plenty of people who could do the translation better than me! :D

Dutch:
-Sing: Zing
-Pass out: Val flauw
-Get Drunk: Word dronken
-Wet Self: Plas in de broek (not sure how to exactly translate this, coz this literally translates to 'pee in the pants' :P)
-Change to Random Outfit: Wissel willekeurig kleren
-Get Naked: Kleed uit
-Bad Buzz: Slechte schok (Literally translates to 'Bad shock')
-Cry: Huil
-Drunk Hysteria: Dronken Hysterie

Turkish:
-Sing: Şarkı söyle
-Pass Out: Bayıl
-Get Drunk: Sarhoş ol
-Wet Self: Altına işe
-Change to random clothes: Herhangi bir kıyafet giy
-Get Naked: Soyun
-Bad Buzz: Kötü Şok (I just translated this one from the dutch one, so ıt lıterally means bad shock)
-Cry: Ağla
-Drunk Hysteria: Sarhoş Delilik (literally translates to drunken 'craziness')
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 8:46 PM
This is awesome (: has anybody tested in with just the base game??
Field Researcher
#36 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 10:34 PM
has anyone tried with just the base game? i'd really like to try this!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 12:35 AM
Hey I have to agree with Timoram.
"Also, according to Wikipedia, a drunk man may suffer from nausea, vomiting, and tend to avoid light and noise. You should add those symptoms (if possible), and also add a high chance of accepting marriage proposals during the following hours.
Is this interaction can be selected on nectar or wine? "

It seems that vomiting is in there.
Maybe you can duplicate the loner moodlet so they try to avoid crowded placess...
and duplicate the morning sickness except rename them of coursee.
Haha

Can't wait to try this out! Lmao
Forum Resident
#38 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 2:06 AM
Great mod! My party-animal Sim hasn't been sober since I installed this. He's so happy! His roommates, on the other hand, don't seem to autonomously drink unless they're also hungry.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:40 AM
Ha! That's pretty cool, thanks! I wish I could also create my beerkeg for sims 3, but I got a lot of help from Katy, and she's long gone.

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 6:31 AM
Thank you guys for the translations. I'll transfer them today to the mod and mark which languages have been translated. I'll also fixe my Creek - German combination text mistake in the language list. Mark the social and fun boost increase I forgot to mension when typing up the text as well as thank Lostaccount/Darkpool for her script mod tutorial.

The translated version won't how-ever be put up before v2 of this mod comes out.

I can take a look on is it possible to track when a moodlet runs out and only then add the hangover moodlet. But this won't be a huge priority as I actuallyl like that sims will do the iddle "almost throw up" animation while they are still officially drunk.

JJennae: I have no idea does the mod work without WA and what exactly will happen if you encounter WA codes and moodlets that I used, that's why I sayd use it at your own risk, if you don't have WA. If you do try it, please let me know how it goes and what happens when sims encounter WA codes and moodlets.

NekoCat: Thanks for mentioning the hunger, I've not made that connection between them before as usually I use this mod in my nightclub where the only entertainment is either drinking, or the stereo. So I always thought they will choose drinking if there is nothing more fun to do. I can take a look on the ITUN files and see if it's possible to tune them to be a bit more realistic.
Test Subject
#41 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 7:52 AM
Haha great night. First I nab Joninmobile's Nectar is now Wine mod and now this......Finally a real reason for my Sims to throw a party......drunken stupidity! Awesome work.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 9:40 AM
You are a star! Dexter, the working sims bed and now this one have brought life to my previously quiet Wild West Saloon :-)
Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 9:42 AM
Thank you This is very creative.

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:15 PM
Sir, attached is the Chinese localizations for both Taiwanese and Chinese. Cheers
Attached files:
File Type: rar  GetDrunk.rar (21.2 KB, 31 downloads)
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:14 PM
In French

Sing - Chanter
Pass Out - Tomber inconscient
Get Drunk - Se soûler
Wet Self - Se mouiller
Change To Random Outfit - Changer de tenue
Get Naked - Se déshabiller
Bad Buzz - Se sentir mal (Avoir un mauvais buzz)
Cry - Pleurer
Drunk Hysteria - Être hystérique
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:18 PM
By the way, please explain 'Bad Buzz' a bit. There're couple of different descriptions in the dictionary. I don't know which one to use here. SmellyCat07 seems to have the similar issue, too.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:06 PM
Just a quick question - it was built with v. 3.2.8 but so long as you have World Adventures, will it work? :/ Or do we need up to 2.8 with WA because I think I only have 2.3 or something.
Test Subject
#48 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:08 PM
I don't have WA and the mod works fine
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
Great idea! But nectar is wine and some people do get drunk from wine or prefer to get drunk from wine. If you ever add a version that allows the action (deliberately) to get drunk while drinking nectar/wine, then I'll try this mod out. I normally don't put bars in my sim's homes, but I do let them drink nectar or buy it when on vacation in France.

I agree!!! I know I'm being a pain... but would it be possible to make a version where you get drunk from drinking the nectar too please? (I would attempt it myself but I have absolutely know idea what I'm doing with mods. I am not very computer savvy.)
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 5:47 PM
I think I have found a few bugs:

1 A young adult wanted to "complain about school" to his child

2 (sort of a feature request) passing out within one drink, I had two sims (1 young adult the other elder) pass out within there 1st drink. Could you limit this to say something like 3 drinks?

If I find any more bugs I shall report them to you.

Thanks for the mod!
Page 2 of 14