Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 14
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#101 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Certifyed
Any way to make Sims get drunk autonomously like they did before the Ambitions update?

It's a bug, so it will be fixed, but you'll have to wait a bit. First I have to update Dex, then I'll start working on version two of this mod and fix it as I go.
Test Subject
#102 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:58 PM
Ok cool.

Thanx for the response.
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 10:36 AM Last edited by SilentPsycho : 1st Jul 2010 at 9:23 PM.
I love this mod! The Simslice Drinkable Beers for Sims 2 was one of my favourites. I've lost count of the number of couples that ended up together without any prodding from me, due to the Propose interaction. Heck, it made my storylines a bit more interesting at times! :D

Although, would it be possible to make a version that deliberately includes getting drunk off Nectar? I always rename any Nectar I make to '**** Wine', and something like this would really help in my game.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#104 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 7:22 AM
thanks again
Test Subject
#105 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:53 PM
I dont have the sims 3 world adventure does that mean i cant get this mod
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:33 AM
Yes! Thanks for the update! Time to celebrate with a drink!
Test Subject
#107 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 4:23 PM Last edited by PlyrRobbin : 16th Jul 2010 at 1:45 PM.
really nice mod!
but i do have a question.
aren't there supposed to be 3 interactions 'get drunk', 'drink juice' and 'clean up'? cause i only get 'get drunk' and 'drink juice'...
Test Subject
#108 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 11:01 AM
Great mod, thanks!

And here are in Hungarian:
- Sing: Énekeljen
- Pass Out: Ájuljon el
- Get Drunk: Rúgjon be
- Wet Self: Vizeljen/Pisiljen be (first is more formal)
- Change To Random Outfit: Véletlenszerű öltözék
- Get Naked: Legyen meztelen
- Bad Buzz: <--- I don't know what is this interaction, sorry
- Cry: Sírjon
- Drunk Hysteria: Részeg hisztéria

And in German (I used a translator so I'm not sure they are all good):
- Sing: singen
- Pass Out: ???
- Get Drunk: sich betrinken
- Wet Self: zu pinkeln
- Change To Random Outfit: ???
- Get Naked: nackt sein
- Bad Buzz: <--- I don't know what is this interaction, sorry
- Cry: schrei
- Drunk Hysteria: betrunkene Hysterie
Test Subject
#109 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
Hello, i think i can make a translation to Swedish.

But a question, isn't it better to make it stand for example "Drink Gin" ?

Ok, i know that i can change much things myself but i can tell you that a hangover does never last 24 hours :S i mean if i have a hangover it is like 2-3 hours after i woke up.

But anyway i think i am going to love this mod after i configured it

Thanks
Instructor
#110 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:24 AM
This is exactly the kind of craziness TS3 needs more of.
Inventor
#111 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Nekonyami : 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:37 AM.
Does this work with 4.2?
EDIT: Just tested it, the hack seems to not work. Can you please update it?
Test Subject
#112 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:59 AM
please update it for 4.2
Test Subject
#113 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:36 AM
Thanks for making this but can u put it into a .zip format because i cannot download .rar files, please that would be great help!!
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 5:27 PM
hiya! ive only got ambitions, do i still need WA for the ambitons version?
Thanks
Test Subject
#115 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:47 AM
Great mod! I've been looking for something like this for a while. But, it doesn't work in my game. I don't get any options at all. Is this something I did or is it not compatible with my game? I now have the base game and WA with the latest update.
Test Subject
#116 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 3:55 PM
Nice mod! My Oliver Reed will love this one!
Test Subject
#117 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 10:07 AM
Danish:
- 'Sing' : syng
- 'Pass Out' : besvim
- 'Get Drunk': bliv fuld
- 'Wet Self': Tisser på sig selv
- 'Change To Random Outfit' :skift til random outfit
- 'Get Naked': smid tøjet
- 'Bad Buzz': ?
- 'Cry': Græde
- 'Drunk Hysteria': Fuldskabshysteri.

Test Subject
#118 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 3:19 AM
Hi Ani, this is a great mod. Is this possible to do for sims 2? If you can't do it, I'd love to try it out.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 4:53 AM
Default Get Drunk and Ambitions
Hi ani, thanks for the mod but I have a question. I have the sims base game and ambitions only. I have downloaded both the ambitions files because reading through the descriptions I couldn't really tell which was appropriate. I have installed only one and that was the one that had the latest release date marked (Ambitions_II I believe?) I have only Twaillians Master Controller, Debug, Story Progression and No Mosaic, and No Intro mods.
However I am getting no interactions with the bar. Things I've tried: buying a new bar, and taking out the aforementioned file and using the Ambitions_Test file. Neither has changed the problem of no interactions. At one point several re-installs ago I had it working but haven't been able to since.
STRANGELY however even though I have no drunk interactions at the bars I have Sims passing out after drinking and feeling nauseous. When I scroll over the moodlet it explains that "some potions from tombs cause strange reactions!" What? wait! I DO NOT have WA and my sims have never been to tombs! Although this is kinda fun and out of the ordinary I would still like to get the mod going correctly.
Any thoughts ani?
Thank you for your time!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 3:01 AM
If you buy the bar to your own house and serve drinks, have a drink, do you get any of the drunk moodlets? obviously it's working somehow if you are getting some of the interaction.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
If you buy the bar to your own house and serve drinks, have a drink, do you get any of the drunk moodlets? obviously it's working somehow if you are getting some of the interaction.

Nope, I sure don't. It's really weird and it only happens at the fire station bar, I can't think of the name of that bar just now but its the third one from the end in the catalog. I haven't really investigated it further got on to other things but it really is kinda crazy. You are right something is working just not exactly the way it was intended to. Thanks for the reply!
Test Subject
#122 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 2:52 AM Last edited by SimsOwnAll : 6th Oct 2010 at 5:04 AM.
Hmmmm....It must be something I'm doing since others are seeing the options....

EDIT - 10/6/10 - I now get a notification of a Mod to my game right before I select which neighborhood I want to play. But, in the game, I'm still only seeing "Have A Drink" and "Make Drinks". I did notice that now, if I buy a bar for my Sim and have him/her to go it to have a drink/make drinks, they freeze. They don't do anything. I mean they walk over to the bar and just stand there. I can cancel out that action and click on another action (like go to the bathroom) and they are still frozen. However, if I put the game on pause, go into the Buy Catalog and then delete the bar, my Sim is now active. He/she will do anything. It's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:11 PM Last edited by rocks_not_dead : 10th Oct 2010 at 4:53 PM.
Hi. I love the sound of this. Thanks for making it. I really want to get it to work. But I'm having problems. Framework is installed correctly from what I can see and I have World Adventures and generally all necessary folders and files etc.

EDIT: I've tried a few more things, everything I know with my limited knowledge, anyway. It just will not work. The only other mod I'm using is the remove mosaic censor one which is working just fine.

Could someone please help me?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 7:30 PM
great until late night comes out, then they might already have it but until then great idea
Test Subject
#125 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rocks_not_dead
Hi. I love the sound of this. Thanks for making it. I really want to get it to work. But I'm having problems. Framework is installed correctly from what I can see and I have World Adventures and generally all necessary folders and files etc.

EDIT: I've tried a few more things, everything I know with my limited knowledge, anyway. It just will not work. The only other mod I'm using is the remove mosaic censor one which is working just fine.

Could someone please help me?

I've tried MANY times but I finally did get it to work. I don't know how but it just started to work. Although, it only works if I have a sim that has glasses out when I start the game. After that, it doesn't work anymore. If I play a sim that opens a bottle when I start playing the game, it doesn't work then either. Does that make sense? lol
Page 5 of 14