Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 14
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#126 Old 26th Oct 2010 at 10:33 AM
SimsOwnAll: open a bottle? what do you mean, are you serving nectar? because this has nothing to do with nectar. There used to be a bug in this mod that when the game loaded, a tray of served nectar would also get the interactions for drunkness, but then I figured out how to distinguish between a tray of served drinks (from the bar) and a tray of served nectar and I fixed it. If you really are using that version, then you are using an old version, try using a newer one.
Test Subject
#127 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
SimsOwnAll: open a bottle? what do you mean, are you serving nectar? because this has nothing to do with nectar. There used to be a bug in this mod that when the game loaded, a tray of served nectar would also get the interactions for drunkness, but then I figured out how to distinguish between a tray of served drinks (from the bar) and a tray of served nectar and I fixed it. If you really are using that version, then you are using an old version, try using a newer one.

o0o! That's the issue. Yes, it was indeed nectar that I got those options on. But when I tried to click on a bar, my sim froze. I mean literally froze. You could see different action ques the sim was supposed to do but they could not. Some how, after I deleted the bar, the sim would be normal and not freeze up. I didn't know there was a new version. Where do I get that version? (I know...I'm stupid when it comes to this kind of stuff. lol)
Test Subject
#128 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:36 AM Last edited by rocks_not_dead : 29th Oct 2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: mssing word
Quote: Originally posted by SimsOwnAll
I've tried MANY times but I finally did get it to work. I don't know how but it just started to work. Although, it only works if I have a sim that has glasses out when I start the game. After that, it doesn't work anymore. If I play a sim that opens a bottle when I start playing the game, it doesn't work then either. Does that make sense? lol

Hm, I'll have to see if that does anything with mine.

It's weird, I thought I might be doing something wrong with mods in general, but the few other mods I'm using are working just fine...

Well, I'll try again.
Test Subject
#129 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rocks_not_dead
Hm, I'll have to see if that does anything with mine.

It's weird, I thought I might be doing something wrong with mods in general, but the few other mods I'm using are working just fine...

Well, I'll try again.

Nah. It's not you. It took me forever to get it to work. But once it worked, the only time it worked was if a sim was serving nectar when I started playing their house/family. After that, if they served nectar again, it wouldn't work. But, I had my sim open up a bottle of nectar, saved the game, went back into it and then the mod worked again. But the creator told me I had a old version of it because it shouldn't have been doing that due to updates. I downloaded another version of the mod and it doesn't work at all now. Go figure. lol
Test Subject
#130 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsOwnAll
Nah. It's not you. It took me forever to get it to work. But once it worked, the only time it worked was if a sim was serving nectar when I started playing their house/family. After that, if they served nectar again, it wouldn't work. But, I had my sim open up a bottle of nectar, saved the game, went back into it and then the mod worked again. But the creator told me I had a old version of it because it shouldn't have been doing that due to updates. I downloaded another version of the mod and it doesn't work at all now. Go figure. lol

Yeeeah. That sounds about right. Try to fix something and it makes it worse. lol Eh, I dunno... Giving up on it for now and maybe if it gets upadated or something I'll try again.
Test Subject
#131 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rocks_not_dead
Yeeeah. That sounds about right. Try to fix something and it makes it worse. lol Eh, I dunno... Giving up on it for now and maybe if it gets upadated or something I'll try again.

lol That's what I had to do. But once I got it to work, it was funny.
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 4:14 AM
Does this mod also work with LN 6.0? I don't have the new patch yet. I havn't upgraded yet becuase alot of my mods will have to be upgraded too, and i just ain't felt like it (rambling, i know..) but anyways, does it work LN 6.0?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xdeadmanzbabiix
Does this mod also work with LN 6.0? I don't have the new patch yet. I havn't upgraded yet becuase alot of my mods will have to be upgraded too, and i just ain't felt like it (rambling, i know..) but anyways, does it work LN 6.0?

You shouldn't use this mod with LN.
Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:45 PM
Gee I only found this awesome mod now and I have LN and the 6.1 patch

Will it be updated?
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 7:34 PM
does this work with the drinks in Late Night? cuz if it dosnt u should update it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:02 PM
I agree this would be perfect for Late Night. I wish someone would put a Jack bottle in as decorative or even food item.
Test Subject
#137 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 10:50 PM
Agreed. Loved this mod while it worked for me, Ani. After an update (i don't remember which) it started exhibiting the strange behavior mentioned above (character freezes). My solution was to remove the mod, which made me very sad... and my sims very sober.
Test Subject
#138 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 10:29 PM
Have been looking for this since sims2 days! Unfortuantely I have just installed the new update and now all that happens is the frozen guy at the bar as mentioned above.
Very sad. Eagerly waiting for patch!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:13 AM
I just dicovered this great mod and was wondering why it didn't work so I checked here in the comments. I have the latest patch and LN is installed. It would be awesome if you updated it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#140 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 5:12 AM
You shouldn't use this with LN, I am planning an update for this, but I won't have time until next month.
Test Subject
#141 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 2:42 AM
This is weird. Ever since I installed LN, the mod works GREAT! I love it. Before LN, it would work but not correctly. It doesn't work with the new bars in LN though. Just the old ones.

Please, I'm the odd one out. It works great for me but, DON'T DO WHAT I DID ok? If the creator says not to use it with LN, then don't. I took a major risk and as it turns out, it works great. But please don't risk your game. I used it with LN then I came here. I didn't know the creator said that. I know I'm rambling. Sorry......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 2:32 AM
Very awesome mod! - I especially like how it randomizes interactions.
Looking forward and very eager for the Late Night release, it seems to fit perfectly with it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#143 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 7:48 PM
SimsOwnAll: I really don't recommend using this if you have LN. If the random interaction is done to a service npc, like bartender, paparazzi or bouncer, there is a tiny chance the sim will have a jump bug and get stuck, and even reset Sim won't save him. You'll need to evict the sim from his house and add him again to the hood.

I currently working on updating this for LN, and hope I can finish it this week so I could play test it during next weekend.
Test Subject
#144 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 8:50 PM
Thanks! Let us know if you need testers. =]
Test Subject
#145 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
SimsOwnAll: I really don't recommend using this if you have LN. If the random interaction is done to a service npc, like bartender, paparazzi or bouncer, there is a tiny chance the sim will have a jump bug and get stuck, and even reset Sim won't save him. You'll need to evict the sim from his house and add him again to the hood.

That's why I said what I did. :-) It was weird though. All the stuff I downloaded, including yours, now works. Before the latest update, none of it worked. Now everything works. I did take out your mod though. I can't wait til you get the one for LN done. Keep up the great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 12:06 PM
Hi!
Great mod, although I'm not using it yet (patiently waiting for stable NL update), I can offer a Czech translation.

'Sing' = zpívat
'Pass Out' = omdlít
'Get Drunk' = opít se
'Wet Self' = počůrat se
'Change To Random Outfit' = převléct se do čehokoliv
'Get Naked' = svléknout se
'Bad Buzz' = šok
'Cry' = plakat
'Drunk Hysteria' = opilecká hysterie
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:12 PM
when i tried it, i can make a drink, but i get stuck trying to make drinks.

Bleh
Test Subject
#148 Old 28th May 2011 at 6:04 AM
Great Mod! Makes things much more entertaining at party!

Would it be possible in the next release to make it so that a sim's required relationship level for romantic interactions goes down progressively the more drinks they consume? And perhaps make the drunk/hangover moodlets more time-realistic (1 drink = 1 hour of drunkness, increasing with each drink? And maybe same type of thing for the hangover except they don't get the hangover till after 4 or 5 drinks are consumed?)

Just thoughts of mine, I've tried to mod it myself but my coding skills aren't quite there yet Many thanks for the upload regardless.
Test Subject
#149 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 12:04 AM
I'm having a problem I can't get any sims drunk. the option dosnt show up and also which drinks is it for? is it for nectar, LN drinks, or something else? also which patch is it not compatible for?
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 1:59 AM
how do i get this mod into my game. i did everything and it doesnt work. help plz!
Page 6 of 14