Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#101 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:19 PM
I'd love to try this but I don't think my Pics will mesure up to all the beautiful ones I just saw but I am willing to give this a try app posted as soon as possable
Advertisement
#102 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:19 PM
OK, more fantastic apps...wow... The quality of work here is astounding me!

Thanks, slice!

Re: number of portfolio photos, if there will not be app cuts and scores, I'll just leave mine, but if there will be, I'll be adding/changing...I think lol

Edit:

To everyone who wants to enter but isn't for one reason or another, give it a shot! This is one of the highest quality contests you could possibly join, and, if nothing else, the inspiration to learn and work harder at your creations is worth it
#103 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:22 PM
It says in the first post 2-4.

Quote:
Portfolio: (show your best work here. For this instance it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t match the genre you chose to specialize in just as long as you show your art and skills in general. Between 2-4 photographs )
#104 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:27 PM
oh shoot, sorry... will change
Test Subject
#105 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:35 PM
Default application
Hmmkay, I'll give it a try ^^

---

Name: Jana
Genre of specialization: Arcitectural
Experience: so far photographing was just a hobby for me ... I have just started to mess around with GIMP about two weeks ago, so I'm an absolute beginner!
Portfolio:

(pictures of one of my favorite houses)

---

What do you think?! I am alsways thankful for hints on how to improve
Theorist
#106 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:06 PM
Gerbera, your pictures look great.
Test Subject
#107 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:09 PM
Default Application
Name: Carmilla07
Genre of specialization: Urban Photography
Experience: I've been doing the Sims Contests since October I think and I've been photoshopping for a little over two years.

Portfolio:

From a Maxis Content only contest. I liked it and it was simple.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#108 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:53 PM
Jaime I'm glad to hear that! And remember, you've got until Friday the 15th to put up your application.

Spiffyriffic, I like what you've got so far, especially the last one, it's just gorgeous!

Joanne, I know, I have that affect on people, LOL But like I told Essa, you could go out with a bang! What better way to retire, eh? :P

Haroz, you've got so many great samples of your work, especially that first one and third one, just gorgeous. Feels like something I would have actually seen in a magazine. However, if you could skim it down to your best four, I'd appreciate that and also, you can only choose one genre for the entirety of the contest. Mainly so it's less work on you. I do suggest, since there are many who are specializing in commercial to take fashion. The third photograph is a perfect examples of your prowess in that field. :D

Redwing, that first shot is absolutely gorgeous, the lighting is just stunning.

Although they're (commercial and fashion) are fairly similar, it's better just to pick on genre for the entirety of the contest, 'cause if you pick two, you'll have to submit two entries, six pictures instead of three and double the work. So it's better advised that for the first cycle, just to pick one. :D

LOL Fun, but you don't have to look that far. Just go to the first page, and in the third post I have listed all the contestants so far, so just click on your application there, and it should come up for you to edit.

I completely agree Destin, you can't learn and get better at anything without going head to head with the best and practicing to get your style out there. As a real life photographer myself, this is something that isn't just a fact, but a way of living within this art form. If you don't challenge yourself, how could you know how high you can soar?

Okay, and that was my 'pep' speech for the day, LOL And I'm so glad you entered Gerbera, 'cause those photographs are just great! I especially like that interior shot, just beautiful!

Wow Carmilla, I was just floored with that third pic, I mean the smoke looks so freakin' real, just amazing. I do agree about the first pic, its simplicity is what makes it stand out even more, but lets not forget about that gorgeous lighting either! And that second shot! Man, that's just genius. Great examples of Urban photography with a story telling twist. :P

About application cuts, I'm still not sure about that, but don't worry, once I've made a decision after consulting the judges, I will let everyone know with time.

-Jocus Dorkus smelling pancakes in the air- :smash:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
Forum Resident
#109 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:13 PM
Everyone's entries are absolutely Feirce! XD this is going to be so hard to judge!

Edit: Pancakes? Bring me some back! :D

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:21 PM
*Glomps Foolin'*
RAWR!
(In case you don't know 'tis me Telephone from Simcon)
Wow, Camilla. :wow Those pictures are AMAZING! The first one is.. wow.
And everyone, your applications are awesome!
Test Subject
#111 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JocusDorkus
Rainbow, it's absolutely ok to have your photographer sim simmerized, just not the official entries for the rounds. And btw, the second one is just amazing. I've always loved that color technique with B&Ws.

Thanks Jorcus and congrats on your contest being featured i thought it might!

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
#112 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:07 PM
Omgsh!
Lol.. I still haven't gone in-game.
Right I'm going now... Bye, for now
Test Subject
#113 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:36 PM
Name: Paolo
Genre of specialization: Fashion Photography
Experience: Nothig special, some ads for some designers ^^

P O R T F O L I O

[Other pics soon]
#114 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:37 PM
this looks like such a good contest, my photoshopping skills are embarrased!

I will be watching lol
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 10:49 PM
Default Lome's Application
Ok so what the heck. I thought even though I don't stand a chance (some of you are so brilliant!) I would enter because it's a nice distraction from my pain at the moment. So here's my entry. I went a bit different from everyone else. How typical.

Application:

Name: Celia Davies
Genre of specialization: Nature
Experience: Well, to be honest I don't have a lot of experience, but I have done a few small things for the family, and I go on a lot of wilderness trips where walking is involved so I take tons of pictures for myself and for friends. I actually find landscapes the most interesting pictures.

Headshot:
(Note: I've managed to hide myself )

Portfolio:

((Haha ok that's it. I've got to go ice my foot now. Even if I get eliminated, this is going to be such a fun one to watch. Pictures make me happy.))
((P.S. I might replace the one landscape pic with a slightly better one)).
Scholar
#116 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 11:43 PM
Love all the new entries. Just a quick note Jocus: the link to my application in the first post actually links to Zaggy's entry, just thought you should know! Thanks!
Test Subject
#117 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:29 AM
Wow....nice contest idea.... I think I just might...enter.... And these portfolio pics are beautiful!
Forum Resident
#118 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 1:43 AM
*pushes simdealist* do it... do it... it will be fun.. you know it! lol!

*Glomps the Teley!* Yes I figured it out when you posted your story :D

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#119 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 2:35 AM
I don't think I'll get very far in this contest...but I'll try...

Name: Malien
Genre of specialization: Fashion
Experience: Six years experience with photoshopping, three years experience with photography, about a year experience with sim contests.

Portfolio

Field Researcher
#120 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 2:43 AM
Default Application: Razine
eliminated
Test Subject
Original Poster
#121 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 2:53 AM
Thank you Rainbow, it truly was a pleasant surprise when I found out. :D

Poky, I can't wait to see your other photographs, though that first one is great, and how can doing a couple of ads for some designers be nothing special? LOL

SwiftSign, it sure does seem like it's going on a great track, but do you join, 'cause you never should sell yourself short!

Lome, I'm so glad you decided to join after all, and hey, there's nothing wrong with being different, I usually go the other way from where people are going...heck, just look at this contest, that's proof enough! LOL But I'm really glad you chose Nature, I was really hoping someone wood, and those shots in your portfolio are just gorgeous! That second shot just makes me feel like I'm breezing through the country side!

>_< Sorry about that Cin, I had realized that day before I had done that with another link. But it's okay now, I fixed the link.

Yay! I'm so glad you joined Simdealist, I've seen your work in other forums, and I'm always blown away. I mean, how could you expect not to last with those stunning portfolio shots?! It's great to have you on board and Cari, I love your headshot!

-Jocus Dorkus enjoying nightly rain- :kami:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#122 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:18 AM
Default Application
Name: Spongity
Genre of Specialization: Portraiture
Experience: My Sims 2 photography experience includes contests and just a bunch of random photoshopping (a collection of some of my work is linked to in my signature). Outside of the game, photography is one of my favorite hobbies.
My Portfolio:

---

---

---
#123 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:20 AM
very nice spongey!!
#124 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:17 AM
Default Joanne - Application Round
Name: Joanne
Genre of specialization: Portrait
Real Experience: 5 months experience with photoshop. (still a beginner)

Note : *None of my pictures are simposed*

HEADSHOT

Azure Radelle

PORTFOLIO 1

Ariel Be'Nahamak

PORTFOLIO 2

Ariel Be'Nahamak (vampire style)

PORTFOLIO 3

Rayon Berritt
*If anyone finds this too revealing, i will take it down immediately ... but i think there is some fair coverage*

PORTFOLIO 4

Raven James
Test Subject
#125 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 11:35 AM
Great entries so far :D
Thanks for the nice comments about my entry ^^
Jocus, could you maybe make a list of all applications in the first post? That would make it easier to get an overview of this contest ...

Page 5 of 38