Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:57 PM
Default My lamp doesn't cast light.
Anyone who's on GOS has probably already seen this, but Padre's recent thread reminded me to give this one last shot.

This is mine vs. the original. The only thing I changed was the GUID and made it placeable on the floor.

https://app.box.com/s/togpxz2jpe1kqe8hp20x1gz3nyozrzm5

My alternative idea, if this can't be fixed, is to make a light plane for the wall and floor colored through the TXMT and linked as a slave subset to the disc portion, to give the appearance of light. Unless that won't work, or there's a better way to do it?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 12:44 AM
Hi! I'd like to help you figure this out but I'm not sure how much help I can be. I took a look at your clone and don't have a clue what's going on. What I can do is try to look further at it over the weekend. Although I'm not saying I can figure anything out.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 4:02 PM
Thanks. I understand if you can't figure it out. My guess was that colored lamps are like counters, where SimPE can't make a proper clone and you have to do something by hand to fix it, but again, I get it if no one knows how.