Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 2:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Save is no where to be found!
I saved my game then I left my computer alone for 2 weeks. I come back to play my save but it is nowhere to be found! I renamed all of the .sims3.backup files in my saves folder to .sims3 and loaded my game, my save is still nowhere to be found. I checked my recycle bin for .sims3 files, and there seems to be nothing in there. I am rather worried about losing my sims in the save (I like to make a base in Create-a-Household then enable some master controller features in-game and finish the sim.) Is there any way I can restore the sims in the save or just the save in general without the .sims3 or .sims3.backup file?

♦ a raggy soul of the simmer variety ♦
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:25 PM
Just to be clear, what you're looking for are folders with names ending in .sims3. There are no files with that name.
The files in each folder should be:
1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
[worldname]_0x00000000.nhd
[worldname]_0x00000000ExportDB.package

TravelDB.package (if you have World Adventures and have traveled to a foreign location)
+ more .nhd and ExportDB files if you've traveled.

The bolded ones are basic and necessary to open your save game. Do you have those?

I remember reading somewhere here that Windows 10 mistakenly backs up the My Documents folder to the cloud and interferes with TS3? I'm not sure but it's worth a shot if you have Win10. It would also explain your savegames disappearing.

P.S. I know this is like the easiest thing and should have written it first, but have you given your save a name with weird characters? Try renaming the folder to just "savegame.sims3" and see if the game reads it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Just to be clear, what you're looking for are folders with names ending in .sims3. There are no files with that name.
The files in each folder should be:
1a5tf1l3.dat
Meta.data
[worldname]_0x00000000.nhd
[worldname]_0x00000000ExportDB.package

TravelDB.package (if you have World Adventures and have traveled to a foreign location)
+ more .nhd and ExportDB files if you've traveled.

The bolded ones are basic and necessary to open your save game. Do you have those?

I remember reading somewhere here that Windows 10 mistakenly backs up the My Documents folder to the cloud and interferes with TS3? I'm not sure but it's worth a shot if you have Win10. It would also explain your savegames disappearing.

P.S. I know this is like the easiest thing and should have written it first, but have you given your save a name with weird characters? Try renaming the folder to just "savegame.sims3" and see if the game reads it.
I don't have any of the files, as I don't have the save folder. The save does not have any special characters. I will try to reverse any changes that Windows 10 may have made to the folders.

Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolso123
I saved my game then I left my computer alone for 2 weeks. I come back to play my save but it is nowhere to be found! I renamed all of the .sims3.backup files in my saves folder to .sims3 and loaded my game, my save is still nowhere to be found. I checked my recycle bin for .sims3 files, and there seems to be nothing in there. I am rather worried about losing my sims in the save (I like to make a base in Create-a-Household then enable some master controller features in-game and finish the sim.) Is there any way I can restore the sims in the save or just the save in general without the .sims3 or .sims3.backup file?

Have you checked your One Drive?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
Have you checked your One Drive?
Nope. I don't use One Drive, nor did I think to back up the save when there was already a backup in the saves folder.

Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 7:59 AM
Nope. I don't use One Drive, nor did I think to back up the save when there was already a backup in the saves folder.

win.10 uses one drive. If you didn't disable it ,your saves could be there!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baturhulya
win.10 uses one drive. If you didn't disable it ,your saves could be there!
Nothing involving Sims is in there.

Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 9:19 AM
Nothing involving Sims is in there.

Sorry to hear that! I would suggest to look in every folder in your documents,including the sims folders,if you by mistake placed your saves folder in one of them.Wish you luck.