Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 1:53 AM
Sims just happen to be rather stupid. It's entertaining. And irritating. I don't even know where to start lol.

-I constantly have sims use the "Talk Through To" action whenever there's a teddy bear in the house. It never fails. Adults will do it to other adults, which I find hilarious and ridiculous. It's like, okay, I bought you that teddy bear for decoration not to play with! There was one time where my male sim did it to his ~lover after they woohoo-ed. It was awkward as all hell.

-Anytime I have a freaking bar with seats in the kitchen, or otherwise, my sims either get stuck or don't set the plates out correctly, and then they will refuse to clean the plates because they apparently can't get to them. Like really? It's irritating. I just stopped using bars altogether lol.

-Oh! When I have a great dining room inside and a few crappy chairs and tables outside, my sims go and eat outside! Rain, hail, or snow, they always go outside. It's so annoying. I thought it was maybe location of the tables, so I moved the dining room closer to the kitchen, but nope. Still eating outside.

This list could seriously go on forever lol.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 3:07 AM
Playing with the fridge.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Playing with the fridge.

Playing with the fridge in the same room where a couple are woohooing because legacy starters are often really poor and do not appreciate you doing so while they get laid.

Stupid Tosha Go.
Test Subject
#79 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:57 AM
I thought of another one! Or, actually, ran into one.

That stupid "look at the exciting weather!" action. I hate it. My sim had a baby, and she was holding him for like 5 seconds, maybe less. It starts to rain so she puts him down on the kitchen floor, the kitchen floor! And went to look out the window because it was raining.

That's great parenting!
Mad Poster
#80 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 4:37 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 14th Apr 2012 at 4:39 PM. Reason: adding to text
Quote: Originally posted by _sheldor
I thought of another one! Or, actually, ran into one.

That stupid "look at the exciting weather!" action. I hate it. My sim had a baby, and she was holding him for like 5 seconds, maybe less. It starts to rain so she puts him down on the kitchen floor, the kitchen floor! And went to look out the window because it was raining.

That's great parenting!

They always act like it's the most amazing thing they've ever seen; they're transfixed by rain and snow. But a woman giving birth to quads in the kitchen? No, that's everyday stuff, not even worth noticing.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#81 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 4:47 PM
My Sim is standing in front of the backdoor to his house, he decides he wants to go soak in the hot tub which is in the back yard. Does he go out the backdoor? No indeed he turns walks through 2 rooms out the front around the side of the house and through the gate and across the backyard to get into the hot tub that is right outside the backdoor.

The other thing I find supremely stupid happens in Uni. My Sims are having a big party things are going great until about half their party guests decide it's time to all do their assignments. Who does that?

I also find it kind of sweet in some cases and very frustrating in others when Sims feel they must be together at all times. An example: husband is working on his computer in his office the wife makes an espresso and instead of sitting in the chair right next to her or in the comfy living room she troops up the stairs and sits in office with her husband. Sort of sweet, right?

Sure it is until the couple in question are trying to have a little alone time and their teenage son decides he really has to view the painting over their bed right now and barges in on them. Happens all the time.
Instructor
#82 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 7:41 PM
Once I had a Sim, who was electrocuted, was showing the electric-white-signals (don't know how you call that) the rest of her life.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Another excerpt from my novel on The Stupid Things Our Sims Do:
Sim logic works like this: We're just sleeping in the same room. Uh-oh, the toddler woke us up! What do we do??? Talk to your roommate, of course! What else?
-several hours later, one of them picks the toddler up- Oh, you wanted to get out of the crib? Well how was I supposed to know that????
that is what the book study parenting is for
I let at least one of the sims in big households read it to level 10
that sims actually knows what any baby/toddler means to say

the most idiotic thing I have seen in TS2 is the running toward the fire.
I know you can fix/prevent it if you are inside but one of them burned the BBQ-set and died by this fire
that while she was learning fire-safety
needless to say I did have to exit without safe that time

I saw some of the other actions mentioned above too

remove me from your history, I'm not interrested in this site anymore
Mad Poster
#84 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 7:54 PM
I love it when one of the sims is taking a shower and the rest of the family comes in to talk RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TUB so he can't get out.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:04 PM
When someone who is not a family member holds a baby. While said baby needs a diaper change. Then refuse to put down said baby.
Scholar
#86 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
When someone who is not a family member holds a baby. While said baby needs a diaper change. Then refuse to put down said baby.
Well at least they take a major hygiene hit the longer they hold on to that stinky baby. I wonder if hitting the red on hygiene would make them put the baby down?
Test Subject
#87 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 9:36 PM
They Vomit Anywhere Anytime!!!
Is Just Fun!!!
Diack!
Mad Poster
#88 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 1:08 AM

Unfortunately the baby's family will often do the same thing. They will just stand there jostling the baby's for hours with the baby screaming and the green stink cloud floating around them. But they just ignore it and keep holding the stinky, screaming child.

Mad Poster
#89 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:04 AM

Which is why I lock the nursery door so only members of the household can go in.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#90 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 4:52 AM
A stupid thing ... but one I find amusing, so I haven't used any hacks to stop it, or lock any doors ... is a cheerleader bursting into a bathroom while a Sim is showeirng, or when two Sims are making out in a dorm room. If someone did that to me in real life, I would probably throw something at them.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Unfortunately the baby's family will often do the same thing. They will just stand there jostling the baby's for hours with the baby screaming and the green stink cloud floating around them. But they just ignore it and keep holding the stinky, screaming child.

Or instead of just holding it, they feed it millions of bottles. They seem to think that if the baby is screaming, that means it's hungry (even if they just fed it), though really it almost always means it needs a diaper change, but they never change its diaper...
Test Subject
#92 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:07 AM
Another birth related one from me. My sim was giving birth to twins, and the proud father was, well, playing with their cat.

Test Subject
#93 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:22 AM
For me, the most annoying thing is everyone in the entire household hounding the newborn baby DAY AND NIGHT! They insist on feeding the baby ALL the time! GRR! It's even worse when the baby needs something esle, like its nappy changing, and instead the sims will drag the poor baby to the fridge and feed it instead. Then they'll place the baby on the kitchen floor littered with dirty bottles and walk off.
Scholar
#94 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 12:09 PM
Another birth related one from me. My sim was giving birth to twins, and the proud father was, well, playing with their cat.

Craig Ray seems to have a chronically-low attention span when it comes to births . When his daughter Death Ray gave birth to her twins in my legacy neighborhood, he played with a brick during the entire birth cinematic, and continued to play with the brick when she gave birth to the second one.

Considering what a dingbat father he was, I'm actually amazed he even knew what end the bottle went into when feeding his grandkids:

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Inventor
#95 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:03 PM
I just started a new neighborhood with an Old West theme , so of course I needed a combo bar/restaurant/brothel lot. Business is booming , but I have to say the restaurant service is a bit shoddy. I saw one sim sit at his table for over two sim hours before he departed with no sign of a waitress to take his order. Meanwhile , dirty plates are stacking up and new diners are being seated at the tables with dirty dishes. Not exactly five star . Where are the waitresses you ask? Busy making the beds of the ladies of the evening. Frequently before their customer has even left the room " Yes , I know you'd like to see a menu. Yes, I know you're ready to order. Yes, I know you just got seated at a table with dirty dishes , but I haz my priorities and that is making beds!"

I've played the lot for probably 20 sim hours and I have yet to see the "Hey , thanks alot" popup for a tip given. What a surprise.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:12 PM
Red Onions spontaneously changed his granddaughter's diaper the other day. I was in shock.

The more so as she didn't need a change - she's a toddler and I was on top of her potty-training.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#97 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:53 PM

I had a couple of cases where a female Sim was giving birth in the bathroom, and the husband rushed in... to sit on the toilet and read the newspaper!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#98 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:03 PM
Love that wallpaper Aegagropilon. Don't know if I'd use it but I love it anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#99 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:41 PM
A lot of my Sims love the bathroom. They play their handhelds there, read to their children, smustle. It's a wonderful place to hang out.

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
A stupid thing ... but one I find amusing, so I haven't used any hacks to stop it, or lock any doors ... is a cheerleader bursting into a bathroom while a Sim is showeirng, or when two Sims are making out in a dorm room. If someone did that to me in real life, I would probably throw something at them.
This reminds me of the time a coach burst in on a Sim who was in the middle of woohooing and started doing her little "work harder!" routine. It was very surreal.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 11:16 PM
About 80% of the time while a Sim of mine is giving birth her husband will be checking her out. Seriously! "Ooh yeah, what a babe--waitaminnit, she's giving birth!"

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Page 4 of 8