Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Launcher freezes when trying to install/uninstall sims3pack
Hello,

I have a persistent problem in my game. In fact, I have many problems with it, but most of it exist because I didn't move out cc before patching. Ahem.

But I didn't come here for that, as I am trying to solve this problem with the MTS guidelines.

My problem comes from sims3pack files: since I installed Pets and/or Generations (I don't remember exactly when it happens for the first time), I can't install or uninstall .sims3pack from the launcher anymore, even Store content.

When I try to install sims3pack CC, the second window that appears (you know, the one with the loading bar) crashes with an error message like "Unknown error number XXX"

The same thing happens when trying to uninstall. I tried it because I feared some of the non-Store CC could participate in freezing the game.

I tried moving out .sims3pack files from the DCCache files to uninstall it, the content does not show up anymore under the "Downloads" button on the launcher, but it is STILL installed.

I have a Mac laptop, and base game, LN, WA, Generations, Pets and 1.29 update installed.
I don't have the original CDs at home, as I am a student far away from home, so I can't uninstall/reinstall the game and add-on except Pets.

And last thing, I am French, so excuse my english and please be patient if I ask you to reformulate your answer if I don't understand it...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 11:09 PM
YES ! YES ! YES !!! Finally ! I found the solution here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379767
I can install sims3pack again, thanks to a very simple technique...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 11:38 PM
Oh ! And by the way, if you ever see an error message like this: "Unhandled division by zero at address 0x76677a1c" when trying to uninstall things, don't freak out, just retry with less CC. I'm posting this because I searched in google this error code, and got no result.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:59 PM
Default Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by TammyLin Saphir
YES ! YES ! YES !!! Finally ! I found the solution here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379767
I can install sims3pack again, thanks to a very simple technique...

I know this is such an old thread, but thank you for posting that link. Who knew that just by moving the Packages folder would get the Launcher working again!