Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 5:01 AM Last edited by UnicornSimmer13 : 29th Nov 2014 at 6:26 AM. Reason: To update info most likely important on my problem

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Mods and CC are not showing up in game?
Sorry if I may have put this in the wrong Category. I have been pretty stuck this week trying to get my Custom Content and my favorite mods to show up in my game.
I have a windows 8.1 and I think that may be the problem. I am new to the discussion as well so sorry if I am not following rules somehow. But I also can not find my Electronic Arts folder which I think is the problem. The folder is not in the correct spot I fear. I am patched to 1.67. I found a sims 3 folder but not an electronic arts folder which should hold all my other EP's
Thanks in advanced. I have been trying to figure this out for 5 days now

Update: Should I re-install framework set-up? Is that the problem? I am a bit rusty on installing mods, since I got a new computer over the summer and was still figuring it out! Just some information

Update #2: Okay I noticed something most likely important. So, everytime I open up the sims 3 launcher, I notice a pop-up comes up (nothing from the internet) and it says:

Script Error
An error as occurred in the script on this page
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 11:06 AM
The launcher script error is something I also get sometimes and it has to do with the store adds which run on the launcher background.

The Sims 3 folder for Mods should be in the My Documents -path and the Sims 3 folder + EP folders should be in the Program Files(x86) path. I have Windows 7 but that should probably be same for both versions, I think. At least that's what I've read. Did you follow the framework setup page: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
The launcher script error is something I also get sometimes and it has to do with the store adds which run on the launcher background.

The Sims 3 folder for Mods should be in the My Documents -path and the Sims 3 folder + EP folders should be in the Program Files(x86) path. I have Windows 7 but that should probably be same for both versions, I think. At least that's what I've read. Did you follow the framework setup page: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files

I understand what you said, but there is not "Electronic Arts" folder in my documents, not even when I search it up...
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:59 PM
Hmm, that's odd. But since you can open the game, that means the folder is somewhere. Or are you trying to add mods right after fresh install before even opening the game? If so, then you have to open the game once so that the Sims 3 folder will appear. If you want to bypass the launcher, you can use the TS3W.exe (Program Files8x86) -> EA -> Sims 3 -> Game -> Bin) for that. No more script errors and faster game opening.

Also... "I found a sims 3 folder but not an electronic arts folder which should hold all my other EP's"... If your EP's are from a different place, say Origin, then they are located in a different place than the base game (disk versions). If you have all disk versions, then I don't know where they could've gone. What is in the Sims 3 folder you did find and where you found it? Is it Program FIles(x86) one?