Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Sims 3 stops working and crashes while saving ONLY
Hello !

It seems like the game won't let me save : it saves for ~15 min and then Sims 3 stops working and crashes to desktop.

I've tried E-V-E-R-Y solution but nothing actually worked.

As a last resort, if I buy a Gaming PC of 2014 with, let's say, 16GB RAM and a brand new video card, could it fix all the bugs and crashing problems ?

I have a question for Gaming PC owners whose Sims have a big family tree : does your game crash while saving ?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 6:25 PM
It's hard to say if a new computer solves your problems if the reason for crashing isn't known and without knowing your current system specs. You said you've tried every solution. Does that mean you went through the Crash Check List from the sticky post? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ing%20Checklist

Have you tried the Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer -program to help pinpoint the cause? http://modthesims.info/d/416883

Have you tried saving by using the "Save as..." option? It's better than using the normal save style, especially if the current save is corrupted.

To answer your family question, my general sim family size is two parents, 3-4 kids, 2 horses + 2 cats, large world. Saves just fine and I always use the "Save as..." option. If the size of your safe file is getting very big, you can use the SaveCleaner to bring it down again: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1532/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 7:07 PM Last edited by Jeffersim : 30th Nov 2014 at 8:13 PM.
Hey, thank you very very much your reply !
I love playing this game so much but the fact it's become unplayble is so frustrating..
My TravelDB.package file is 27 762 KB ! I play in Alpine County and the .NHD file size is 73 953 KB !!
I'm afraid something in these big files might be corrupted. SaveCleaner helps reducing the file size a little bit..

Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
You said you've tried every solution. Does that mean you went through the Crash Check List from the sticky post? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ing%20Checklist

Yes, I did try each solution listed and the game still crashes.

Have you tried the Sims 3 Crash Log Analyzer -program to help pinpoint the cause? http://modthesims.info/d/416883

I have, the result is always "Insufficient memory installed - upgrade your computer to have 4+ gib of memory" whereas my laptop has 4GB of RAM memory installed (3,87 GB are actually usable).

Have you tried saving by using the "Save as..." option? It's better than using the normal save style, especially if the current save is corrupted.

To save the game, this is what I always do that but it ends up crashing.

It's hard to say if a new computer solves your problems if the reason for crashing isn't known and without knowing your current system specs.

Here are my current system specs :
Operating System : Windows 8.1 ‎(X64)‎
Processor : Intel® Core™ i5-3210M clocked at 2.50GHz
Motherboard : LENOVO INVALID 31900003WIN8 STD MLT
Chipset : Northbridge : Intel Ivy Bridge
Southbridge : Intel HM76
Memory : 4 GB total memory type DDR3
Memory timing : 11.0 clocks-11 clocks-11 clocks-28 clocks-1 TT
Memory chip Ramaxel Technology from 4 GB
Maximum frequency: 800 MHz
Max bandwidth: PC3-12800
Graphics card : Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 8:30 PM
Well, it could be the memory, especially since you have 4 EP's as well. Usually Sims 3 with 4 or more EP's is better with 6-8 GB of RAM. It's good to remember that every EP adds to the RAM requirement. I had to get more RAM when Pets came because the game became unplayable. I kept getting that same cause from the CLA as you are now getting. First I got 8 and eventually 16 GB's. But 6-8 is good, too. Also, your graphics aren't very good. It's a integrated chip instead of actual graphics card and it's also marked good only up to World Adventures: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements Sims 3 also has had problematic relations with Intel.

Have you tried starting a new game with only one sim and saving that one to see if it also crashes? Also, when playing with big family trees (mine is nearing 20th generation) it is good to every now and then to change the neighborhood to prevent corruption, bugs, glitches and keep the game stable. Also to prevent the save game file from bloating.

Also, if there are many saved games in the Saves -folder, they take a lot of memory very, very quickly and the game starts to struggle with saving. I only keep there 4 saved games files at a time.
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 2:01 PM
Hey,

Thanks for posting your query. I'm glad to help you regarding your issue. I’ll appreciate if you could provide me details about your computer specifications- both hardware and software. That will be really helpful.

In regards to your issue, I would like you to execute the following command:

1. Press Windows Key + X simultaneously.
2. Select Search option.
3. Type “WSReset.exe” in the Search Box, click Apps icon.
4. WSReset.exe will be displayed in the search results. Right click that, and then click the “Run as administrator” icon at the bottom of the Start Screen.

Check for conflicting device drivers using Device Manager. Use the PCFresher tool to resolve problems with the ActiveX/ DLL file registration.

I hope this answer helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Alexander Thomas
Alchemist
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 12:16 PM
Also to mention, I tried Alpine County once and even though I have a pretty good gaming rig, the world was unplayable. The lag was hideous. I always play with large worlds without problems, so the reason was in that neighborhood. I suggest trying another world, especially with your RAM amount.