Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 11:14 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default CC needs to cooperate
Hey guys. I'm having a weird problem that I guess I kind of brought on myself. I had to take my CC out to test things. I was having a problem with university...anyway, I fixed that. The problem is that now, every sim that was using any of the CC I took out, as well as lots that were furnished with CC I removed, they've all reverted to EA things. But the CC is back in the game, in the Mods folder just like it's supposed to be. Is there a file I should be deleting to get things to show up again? I don't want to have to go through and redecorate every home and make all my sims snazzy again.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 11:54 AM
Did you happen to save the game while the cc wasn't in there?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:56 AM
I did. I had to, honestly. Did I doom myself?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:54 AM
At least in TS2 you would have to redecorate everything by yourself :/ If memory serves, taking CC out of a hood and things reverting back to EA content would be a cause of corruption in TS2 but those things might very well work differently in The Sims 3.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:43 AM
MadamFoster, not doomed as in corrupted your save game, but as you noticed TS3 replaces CC furniture that is no longer in the game with EAxian furniture. And since you saved afterwards, those changes stuck. If you don't have a previous savegame with the CC in place, you will have to replace the furniture or place a fresh lot.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:34 AM
Hmph. Alright. Thanks guys. I could have sworn I remembered reading about deleting something to make them revert back to whatever CC they were but it's not the worst thing that could have happened.