Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default None of my custom content is showing up
I recently got a new pc and it runs windows 8. I was running windows 7 on my old pc and had no problem. This is my problem None of my packages or sims 3 packs show up in game. I have done just about every tutorial i can find I am running all expansions upto University and I have all the stuff packs up to showtime. The sims 3 packs show in launcher and say they installed and disabled custom content is not check. about ready to go batty could some one please help i am upto date on the patch to 18.
thanks so very much in advance
Highpriestess
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HighPriestessLitAngel
I recently got a new pc and it runs windows 8. I was running windows 7 on my old pc and had no problem. This is my problem None of my packages or sims 3 packs show up in game. I have done just about every tutorial i can find I am running all expansions upto University and I have all the stuff packs up to showtime. The sims 3 packs show in launcher and say they installed and disabled custom content is not check. about ready to go batty could some one please help i am upto date on the patch to 18.
thanks so very much in advance
Highpriestess

I have the exaxt same problem. On Windows 7 (32bit) everything worked just fine, but now on Windows 7 (64bit) the pacage files just wont show up.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:12 PM
did you check this: Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Not Working
summary: it reminds you to check if you install packages into the right place, if you are patched (a certain level is needed for using cc) and further to double-check the framework again next to other steps that might be important for you

generally the prerequisite for using cc (the framework) is the same for windows 8 users. nothing has changed only that Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ is for Windows 8: My Documents i think.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:39 PM
I will try shmoese thank you for helping, I will let you know
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:28 PM
Ok i did as you said shmoese it didn't work my game never loaded so i took the packages out and going to do a hundred at a time to see if i can found out if it maybe a package. But still can't get all my sims3 packs to go in game but i found something that may help with that gonna try it I will let you know
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 3:25 AM
Where is your resource.cfg file? If it's in Sims 3/mods/packages, remove it. I've accidentally put it in the packages folder and it stopped all my CC from showing up/working, so make sure it's in the mods folder. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for all the help. I finially got everything running right. I did a shmovese said and I also changed my resource file. Then I got dash board to see if i had any conflicts. Which i did. Then I got cc magic. Everything works fine. Thank goodness now i can play. Yea!!!!!
HPLA