Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 6:21 AM
Default Does anyone know any free-working washing machines and dryers?
I saw this thread posted before but it was back 2012 and well...nobody could find any working ones besides actually having to buy them from the store. How about now? does anyone know a working washing machine and dryer for the sims 3 that we could get for free? I have the Generations EP only so far. I'd Appreciate your help if any :lovestruc
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:58 AM
If you're talking about custom contents, I guess you could use the washing machine, dryer, and hamper from Around The Sims 3. Since the codes are carried forward to the base game via patch, I guess they'll work. I don't know about clotheslines though. I think that one requires Ambitions.

If you're talking about getting the store items or EP-exclusive items for FREE, well stop right there because we're not allowed to talk about it here.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:39 PM
thank you
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
If you're talking about custom contents, I guess you could use the washing machine, dryer, and hamper from Around The Sims 3. Since the codes are carried forward to the base game via patch, I guess they'll work. I don't know about clotheslines though. I think that one requires Ambitions.

but the washing machines (the ones intented to function) also have the ambitions banner. do you really think they work? i am asking since if these work for bg other EP items from ATS could also do then... that would be in fact awesome. always wanted that D&D RPG table - showtime thing - they made

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 4:55 PM
OP will need Ambitions for a functioning washing machine, and yes, shmovese, you'll need Showtime for that table to work.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:43 PM
BL00DIEDHELL thats what i thought... no D&D for poor "showtime stinks thinking" shmovese

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 9:25 PM
No, you won't need Ambitions for the laundry stuff. The Store sells several washing machines and driers and these are not tagged as premium content, which means that their code has become part of the base core. (Washing machines are also in University Life)
The domino board clones from ATS, on the other hand, might still require the Showtime EP.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM
Well dick, that shows what I know.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:19 PM
if i get you right Don_B then...
IF there was an Store item comparable to the playing table they could work? what about the Las Vegas thingy the store had? the blackjack table...any suggestions anyone HOW comparable functionwise these things are to each other? erm if one has these tables of course
and dont just say test: the lazyness is awesomly strong in this one. i am completely happy with opinions for the moment

#10 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:36 AM
The blackjack table is a premium item, so the scripts and animations for that are probably standalone and part of the object or ccmerged, respectively. A clone from the blackjack table will require you to own that table, too. As far as I could see the D&D table by ATS is a clone from the dominoes table, so you'll need that or at least its code.

I used the Store as a reference because you can be sure that if an item is sold in the Store then it is base game compatible and will not require any expansion pack. There are now quite a few objects that used to be EP only but have found their way into the base core and therefore can be sold separately, and of course cloned: the laundry items, the photobooth, the pool table, both types of arcade machines, the planter, the whack-a-gnome machine, the spring rider, the fish tank, among others.
Another indicator for base game compatibility is when an object makes a reappearance in another EP.

Whether the dominoes table is usable with only the base game, I don't know. In theory all EP code is also in the base; the question is how much can be taken from it without needing the EP. Also some premium items have found their way into the core, like the infamous Tree of Prosperity; whether the blackjack table is there, too, I don't know either. I guess nonamena knows these things. I am just repeating what I read from her or twallan.
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Another indicator for base game compatibility is when an object makes a reappearance in another EP.

Emphasizing this.

The only item that was an exception to this was the Aurora Skies rocking chairs. Due to slight oversight, you're not able to use it without Supernatural installed, although it can easily be fixed by tuning the ITUN files. This has been fixed in the patch, though, so the indicator still applies.

Also, I'm very certain you cannot use the cloned domino table without Showtime. The domino table interactions are restricted to Showtime only. And even if you enable it via ITUN tuning, you might still be missing some resources, such as animations. And if it's really a cloned object, you can't build Domino hidden skill because it's restricted to owning Showtime.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#12 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:22 AM
thanks for your opinions. sounds all logic. since there are no more Store items to come that could be domino table comparable i do as i did before:
put on the viking helmet and play tag pretending its LARP (also the viking helmet is none since it has horns )

Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
sorry bumping cause i came across this pooltable thats base game compatible and you guys seem to have interesting insights. how can that be? or is there another "comparable" object that i have no clue of (again)

#14 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:59 AM
Pooltables come with Showtime, University Life, Into The Future and one is sold in the Store with the Boardwalk venue (and not sold as premium content). So I guess it's safe to assume that the pooltable resources are fully part of the base game now.