Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:40 AM
Default Issues with Muscle Tone not showing up in game
I have two male sims who are toned in CAS, but once I placed them in a world, their muscle definition disappeared. It seems like sims have to be super ripped in order for muscle definition to be visible in game. Could this be a graphics issue(my settings are at the highest) or a bug?

CAS:

In game:

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 9:13 AM
I've had this problem occasionally. Once with a custom skin overlay (they don't show any toning) and the other time in... workout clothes (and it seemed kinda random). Not sure exactly what caused, likely just a bug.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:01 PM
Dang, I had a feeling that was the case. Most people don't pay attention to it, so this minor(and annoying) bug goes unnoticed.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
I had this problem too. I thought my sim just lost their toning, so I edited it. No difference.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM
Take them to a gym and use the heavy lifting machine(do the workout on the machine, don't need to do the heavy lifting if your sim doesn't have the level yet) they will get the tone that you gave them in CAS. I always do a second workout(push workout).
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dtw
Take them to a gym and use the heavy lifting machine(do the workout on the machine, don't need to do the heavy lifting if your sim doesn't have the level yet) they will get the tone that you gave them in CAS. I always do a second workout(push workout).

I'm sorry, are you saying the tone I assigned them in cas won't appear unless they have some fitness? Just asking for clarification. If that is so, and it is by design, I would say that's kind of neat.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by g00d2day
I'm sorry, are you saying the tone I assigned them in cas won't appear unless they have some fitness? Just asking for clarification. If that is so, and it is by design, I would say that's kind of neat.

I tried that with Ramon and he just ended up turning hulkish and super ripped after a few hours of weightlifting. Anyway, someone at the official forums suggested that it's probably a rendering issue. Muscle definition at max opacity renders in game but lower opacities don't.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:14 AM
Happened to me also, and it's a bug, not a rendering issue sadly.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:19 AM Last edited by dtw : 19th Sep 2014 at 9:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by g00d2day

Yes I do think it is by design. I have notice with my male sims that they come into the game out of CAS a little soft. My 1st sim I made was a female and I didn't do anything with her(working out), At fist I thought it was the clothes I had on her ( that she was getting heavier in the thigh area.) Then one time she popped over to another sims house and she was getting fat. It took me a little time to figure out how keep her they way I wanted her. At first I had her jog a lot in between visits to the gym. Then I notice again while she was visiting another house she was ripped which I didn't want and she was always at the gym when I took other sims there. When I went back into her lot I left her go a few days, no gym, no jogging after she had lost the tone that I didn't put on her in CAS, I stop taking her to the gym(which now I never see her at the gym when I take other sims to the gym) and have her jog maybe every 2 days, she stays the way I made her in CAS. I have a male sim never took him to the gym but had him jog he never got the muscle tone I gave him until I took him to the gym so jogging by itself isn't the answer you have to tone them up first. There is this Mod here maybe it will help. I haven't use it, I like the fact that you have to work them to keep them they way you want them. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534028
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM
@ Cheekykinz, or anyone else experiencing this. I reported this issue at the bug forums, and Crinrict shared this thread with me. Third post down. Might be a solution. I'm not able to get into the game this weekend, but if you could try it out and let us know if it works?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...ure/m-p/3485621