Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:05 AM
Default scrambled sound?
i'm back again with more problems for yet another sims game. i got the game yesterday and it was working fine but whilst playing it today after a few hours on it the sound scrambles? i don't know if that's the right way to describe it but its all i could think of saying. the whole game is running fine apart from that. you can still hear sims talking and music playing in the game whilst the noise is happening. any idea to what it is or if anyone has had it happen?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:31 AM
Did restarting the game fix it?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 8:41 AM
Mine does that on the loading screen all the time. It sounds like the game is glitching/freezing but then it doesn't. It's done that to me since a couple days after I got it.

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
McCrea - no it didn't
for me it happens during game play
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
Something similar happened to me occasionally, but since two days it´s a constant problem. I load the game and then my latest savegame and everything is still fine. But when I enter a lot, sometime during the loading process the screen freezes for 30 seconds or so. The lots are always loaded, never crash, but it sounds as if two different sound tracks play at the same time in the background (one "slow and fluent" and one "chirping" for lack of a better description). Turning down the music to 0% at least allows me to play in peace... can´t be the solution, though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:27 PM
yeah mine freezes for a couple of seconds but it doesn't bother me much. i either end up sitting on my headphones or quitting the game
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:50 AM
mine crashed just right now and the music lag thing happens in the gallery mostly it plays two music sound and today while i was viewing the sims in gallery people made it crashed to desktop wtf!?
could it be a sound codec problem?? i remember i had a game that has no sound until i installed k lite codec pack and it worked