Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE won't load all of the Maxis objects with Ultimate Collection
Hello community
I have just gotten back into playing The Sims 2. I downloaded the Ultimate Collection from Origin and played it for some weeks before I wanted to create some Maxis objects recolors for myself. I quickly discovered that SimPE had trouble handling the new install paths with Ultimate Collection, but I also found the fix for that. I installed it, I changed all the paths in the Preferences-tab in SimPE and even fixed all the "MissingFolder"-errors in the FileList. But still, the object list in my Object Workshop is incomplete. It does load most of the objects right, but oddly almost all of the stuff pack objects are missing. There are exceptions though, I can see the EXPEDIT television or the BILLY bookshelf from IKEA Home Stuff, but nothing else from this pack. I have access to both fridges, the dishwasher and the trash compactor from Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, but to none of the other objects that came with this expansion. Same goes for the small stereo from Teen Style Stuff, it's the only object from this pack that SimPE does recognize.

What exactly does cause this and how can I fix it? Do you think I should consider uninstalling the UC and then reinstall it again with fresh file paths? I'm so confused right now because I only can see a handful of objects from the stuff packs, but only those and I wonder why this is. Maybe someone of you also experiences this problem or even knows a solution? That would be awesome.

Greetings from Germany

Are you looking for translations of mods or catalogue descriptions?
I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:17 PM
I have a similar problem. lots of files are missing. I am not playing the ultimate collection but from original cd's.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:30 PM
If you untick, as a random example, everything except Graphics and IKEA in the file table, how many objects do you see in OW?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 11:47 PM
Have you tried updating and/or repairing your installation through Origin? If you do, make sure you back up any modified game files first, because Origin will revert them back to the original. (Modified cameras, lighting, stuff like that.)