Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:42 PM Last edited by galaxyfields : 30th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom content still in game even though files are deleted?
Hi,

(I post on these forums too much, so sorry in advance (: )

Basically I was using the adoring eye set by dragon mandy as defaults and customs but I wanted to change them to the Easy/Lucky/Free sclera eyes. So I took out the custom eyes then went into bodyshop and the eyes were still apearing as defaults obviously, so I deleted all the default eyes files too. Then I went back into bodyshp and the default adoring eyes are still set as defaults despite the files being deleted. I opened up the game too, thinking it was maybe a fault of bodyshop, but no - the adoring eye defaults are still in place somehow.

So I got Delphy's downloads organiser, searched through it, the dm adoring eye set is still coming up but when I look for the file name in my downloads folder, nothing appears.

I have no idea whats going on, has anyone else ever encountered this problem and if so, how did you fix it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:29 PM
What happens if you select them within the organizer and deletes them from there? Does it say that the files do not exist? In any case, you should delete accessory.cache and groups.cache if you haven't already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:09 PM Last edited by galaxyfields : 26th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thax
What happens if you select them within the organizer and deletes them from there? Does it say that the files do not exist? In any case, you should delete accessory.cache and groups.cache if you haven't already.

Do you know how to make the download organiser select a different folder because I have accidentally selected the wrong folder? Like select a different directory for it? I see no option for this anywhere. I was going to try and delete the files from the organiser.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:49 PM
I had to wait 15 minutes for the organiser to load all my stuff, to check this. ~Facegrenade.~

You should be able to click on File/Full re-scan folder and then choose the directory you want to scan (which would be the Downloads folder. You can always select sub-folders at the bottom of the program screen).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM
Sorry about that :S

So I got it out of the correct directory and none of the old eye files are showing up so I am really puzzled as to what's happening...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Orilon : 29th Sep 2014 at 9:19 PM.
Did you delete your groups.cache, accessory.cache, and the CASThumbnails.package after you removed the custom and default eyes? If something is removed, it takes clearing the .caches to make the game realize that it was removed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Yep, still no change unfortunately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:28 PM
bump?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:46 PM
Did you check saved sims that no files are in there? We haven't answered probably because we can't think of anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:51 PM
Yep, nothing there. But I did scroll through all my downloads and sort them out and eventually then I found the culprits which surprisingly did not come up on the Downloads Organiser but ah well, thanks for the help anyway!