Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 3:54 PM
Default Map in more than one side
Hello everyone,

I'm really new at meshing, I've just started my first object and I'm very lost. I'm working with Milkshape.

In the texture coordinate editor, in this window, I don't know how to map more than one side:

If I select "front" and then click "remap", I get the mapping of the front, and if I select "back" and then click "remap", I get the mapping of the back. But, I need to map from all sides because if not the object looks very bad, I don't know how to map multiple sides.

Thanks, Pau.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:04 PM
You'll need to split your mesh into pieces. Regroup each section you want to map separately, then map each one in turn, and then regroup them together.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:13 PM
HystericalParoxysm, this is what I do but I still can map only one side. For example, I'm doing a sofa. The seating part is one group and the legs are another group. I map each group separately, but I still can map only the front, or the back, or one side.

So, let's say the sofa has a cushion, I create a separate group for the cushion, I select "front" and then "Remap". Then I need to map the back of the cushion, and if I select "back" and "remap" the front mapping disappears and it's replaced with the back mapping.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 4:18 PM
You need to regroup each part of the cushion - the front needs to be in a separate group from the back. Then you'll be able to map them separately, and recombine the mapped front/back/sides/etc. into a single "cushion" group, retaining the mapping for each piece.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.