Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Has a vampire viking fetish
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:04 AM
Default Seam on skin issue
Ok so I had that drooping pecs problem a while back and decided to give up on the transparent open shirt.

I managed to make the open shirt work with regular pants so that the tshirt underneath didn't overhang them by removing the lower faces.

So it went from:
THIS

TO THIS

No more flesh overhang.

The problem is, when I use the open shirts with low-cut clothing, such as my briefs, I get this problem:

It's like the mesh has stretched the skin down because of the length of the outer shirt or something so it doesn't line up properly with low pants. It also causes that melting pec thing I had earlier.

Is there a way to fix the mesh so that it doesn't do that?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 5:34 AM
The UV mapping between the two meshes doesn't match up. You need to make sure your custom mesh still lines up properly with the lower half.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 5:40 AM
Ok I'm gonna go try to learn uv mapping. Heh.

Cheers Saikatsu
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 12:24 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 14th Mar 2010 at 12:40 PM.
I dont want to discourage you but after you have fixed the uvmap there are alot other things you need to update.
You are editing the base mesh that CTU extracted but you will also need to edit the 3 morphs that are part of it.
The fat/fit and thin shape of the guy.
Try using the sliders in CAS, you will see wat i mean..set the guy to fat and a small gap will appear...
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 3:50 PM
Yeah I noticed that Base1980, daluved mentioned it in chat so I had a look earlier. Thank you

At any rate I had a look at the uv map and some tutorials and they are way over my head at the moment so it will probably be a while before I get around to figuring out those let alone the morphs.

It's a shame the uv map is so weirdly stretched, otherwise this shirt would be so simple to make.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:35 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 14th Mar 2010 at 4:46 PM.
You can have my file if you like and do the texturing, when done ill update the package with the correct Bgeo files and send it back.
I fixed the uvmap/basetextures and normalmap but you could give the shirt more recolor options.... im not much of a skinner....

Or build your file with all the textures you like, attache the default lod meshes to it(include a normalmap!) and when done ill make the custom meshes and fix the uvmap?

The reason that the uvmaps of the tops are scaled is that the top texture files otherwise will overule the ones from the bottoms(another stupid setting)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 5:24 PM
O_o

Are you serious?! I would be thrilled to have your file, Base1980 :D

I think I might just love you.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 15th Mar 2010 at 1:44 AM.
here,
Do wat you like with it, update the textures, rename the file, consider it yours.
When completly satisfied upload it back again and i attache the Bgeo files.
We need to follow this procedure as CTU has some errors after adding the Bgeo files(you can not change the textures after the files are added)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:42 AM
I can't thank you enough, Base1980
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:43 AM
your welcome, i will remove the file now.
Let me know when its done

Lol, 1 minute between out posts, i hope you have it :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 2:11 AM
Haha yeah I had it before I posted

Will the transparent version of the shirt work with your uv map with no nipple droopage? If so I will fix the transparent texture I was working on and add it in with the other non-transparent designs I had.

Also, are you able to add a flat bumpmap to the file or did that have to be done earlier? (sorry if I am being a pain in the arse, I really appreciate this)
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 2:20 AM
i cant fix the nipple droopage, well i can but you have alot to texture then(and i alot of meshing...)
Dont worry about the normalmap, you can always change the texturefile as it is part of the package now.
You can change its ID number into a blanc default one later or load a new one in it with postal or S3pe.
Need some sleep now, good luck skinning
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 2:27 AM
Ok awesome. I'll remove the transparent texture and upload the file. Thanks again, sleep well