Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:59 AM
Default Strange ep-compatible problem.
OK... So Casey and I updated everything on the site for ep compatibilty, and someone writes and says that one of the recolor countertops isn't showing up now. So I redownload it, check it, and it looks fine. Start the game, no countertop.

Fine. I'll remake it. I choose object workshop, choose the counter, choose both parts (because I originally had the top and bottom in the same package) and reimport my textures. Start the game -- I have a countertop, but if I choose it it MAKES ME choose the matching bottom.

Perhaps that's because they're sharing textures now (only 2 in the file)? So I make them as two seperate packages, then extract the files from one and import them into the other. Now I have all 8 mmats, 4 matds, and 4 textures like I had in the very beginning. No. No countertop.

Something about the forced relocation doesn't like both parts in the same package. Anyone else having problems like this? With counters (mine was a club) or say, a lamp that had the shade and the base in the same package?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 9:22 AM
I don't know if this will help but I was trying to match a *door*base with a *drawer* base when remodeling a new kitchen. I could not get the counters to match no matter what I did using the design tool. It's as if the counter top I wanted had disappeared suddenly. So I switched to the eyedropper tool and got the correct match from another existing counter that was in the kitchen. Was this clear? Is it helpful?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:34 PM
BriAnna, you mean that once you select the top you can't select any more any other bottom then the matching one?
Or that when you select another bottom (and the thumbnail in the catalog changes accordingly), then in the game the bottom is always the same?
I can say for sure that it's not a problem related to having both parts in the same package (8 MMATs, 4 MATDs and 2 TXTRs). Seems more a problem related to the tsMaterialsMeshNames block (I suppose that this new Club Counter is "linked" to the original; if not, the problem should be in the MMATs)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 5:30 PM
It isn't a new one. It's just a recolor for the Maxis counter.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 6:29 PM
Oh, you mean the lavender one? I couldn't download it (sorry, but I'm not a platinum member :p), but as soon as I go back home I'll create a recolour for the club counter to see where the problem could be.

Oh, wait! I've just remembered that I've already tried a recolour for that counter and I noticed that still SimPE pulls too many files (it includes in the package also the MMATs for the loft counter); I pointed out this problem to Quaxi for SimPE v.14f (or 14g, I don't remember), and I discovered that in v.16 the problem is still unsolved. Anyway, you specify that in the package you have 8 MMATs, and not 16 like in the "faulty" recolour. Maybe you should check if the "modelName" values, into the MMATs, point to counterClub or counterLoft.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:27 PM
Isn't that the counter that shows you four subset names? Wasn't the solution not to select the shadow Subsets?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#7 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:46 PM
Is this the same problem I was having, maybe? Does every MMAT have a unique Instance number? When updating some of my old packages, the instance numbers would turn out to be duplicates and I had to manually make them all unique or the recolor simply wouldn't show in the catalog.

RG
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
Is this the same problem I was having, maybe? Does every MMAT have a unique Instance number? When updating some of my old packages, the instance numbers would turn out to be duplicates and I had to manually make them all unique or the recolor simply wouldn't show in the catalog.

RG

That's it, RGiles!! I changed the duplicates to 5,6,7,8 and it works now. Thanks.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:12 PM Last edited by daysies : 13th Feb 2005 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added clarification to the names
Should I be alarmed about this since I'm manually fixing my downloaded recolors? All I'm doing is updating the ModelName with a date stamp, following Deedee's tutorial on the SimPE website. Well, I'm not really updating the ModelName - I add a date stamp to the ModelName, click update while in the Fix Integrity plugin screen, and it adds the date to the names (TXTR and TXMT). The ModelName is intact when I reopen my fixed package. I want to make sure all my recolors will still show up. I have 3,000 more to go and I haven't started my game to make sure they're still there.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:38 PM
Uh oh, Daysies, now you've got me sorta worried. I really am thinking of re- downloading everything, and not just bother with anything else.

By the way, how are you?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blubug
Uh oh, Daysies, now you've got me sorta worried. I really am thinking of re- downloading everything, and not just bother with anything else.

By the way, how are you?

I'm still not redownloading everything. I finally got caught up with all the new stuff here and put them in a separate directory called New EP Safe Recolors and New CEP EP Safe Recolors. Both are outside The Sims 2 directory, ready to be rescaned (because I want to give them a second update).

I don't want my comment/concern to start a whirlwind of worries. I was just curious and I trust Deedee's tutorial and am only going by that 100%. Just having someone else confirm that what we're all doing to prep ourselves for University sets my nerves at ease.

I'm fine, btw. I've been kinda quiet the past few days because I've been rigorously trying to fix all my downloads. I have just so many. I'm down to 3,000 files. (I started out with 7,800 and that doesn't include walls and floors, Body Shop files, hacks, and objects. I'm redownloading all the new meshes and objects.)

DDO