Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

owl_face

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 15533 (Who?), Viewed: 810633 times.
Page 612 of 622
Inventor
Original Poster
#15277 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:51 PM
Yay, so many new posts to read!

I finally have another chapter up too: Goldbeard RLC Chapter 98: Trial and Error

It's not exactly crawling with gameplay, but I have a checklist of things that "should" happen before I allow the next generation to take over, and this was one of those things.
Instructor
#15278 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 10:02 PM
I also have an update! :D
2.12. Omega

Lab Assistant
#15279 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 12:54 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 7th Jul 2017 at 1:16 AM.
Well I'm new to the thread but I read the Archers of Barnacle Bay and some other blogs and darnit after a week of reading I wanted to play it too! I've been a bit of a lurker here lol because I fall head first into challenges I like so I try not to take on too many. Too late, I discovered there's a cheat to play pose animations in the game and before I knew it I was rolling for gen one and building a backstory. Found a great sim generator too for ideas about traits and favorites-
I like the style tab personally. (http://www.scenariogenerator.net/generators/the_sims_3)

Here's my blog (I'm new to blogging but still happy with how it came out)
https://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/ Hidden Things
Meghan and Dustin are the sims of Gen 1!
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
Test of Time Challenge! Family Tree, Stats & Pics
Watch my Test of Time Challenge Let's Play on Youtube!
Inventor
Original Poster
#15280 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:56 AM
Hello and welcome! I look forward to reading your blog!
Lab Assistant
#15281 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 5:58 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 9th Jul 2017 at 6:50 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsAndDolts
Hello and welcome! I look forward to reading your blog!

Thank you very much!

@Marcy and @Mochajava. I randomized three of my sim traits and chose two that seemed like decent matches for the Jobs I rolled. It seems like it's working out pretty well that way. Don't think I could handle randomizing all of them, and I also hold an ill-conceived resentment towards the game for leaving out most traits at sim birth, so I'm leaving myself the option of changing one when they're an adult if it's something I feel they could develop or grow out of. (extreme example but if a loves the outdoors sims gets struck by lightening or almost drowns or whatever, maybe they wouldn't love it so much. Or an athletic sim depressed could become a couch potato- this is not something I've done in a challenge yet but I want the option if there's a scenario that would be enriched by it)

Also @Nocriel to followup about IP and ITF.. IP is incredibly beautiful but really hard to play if you don't change the neighborhood up. There are some homes that cause stuck sims (a houseboat door can't be opened because a sink was left in the way, that sort of thing). It's my favorite world but I never play it with a legacy for more than a generation, even after world fixes it's huge and the game has a lot to calculate. You can get versions of it here with varying levels of emptiness, that extra activities and ability to snorkel etc are all worth the price. ITF doesn't effect normal gameplay and the bots are great because you can add levels of ability or sentience. Also the indoor 'grass' rugs you can plant on are AMAZING and I use them everywhere. So glad you're trying them out, I think you'll like them!

And nice to meet you all too lol

7/8/17 EDIT: Here's the second update (almost done with the prologue! http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...ngs-meghan.html Hidden Things part 2
I won't update again until after the weekend I don't think since I'm taking so long to do it and I have to study... a lot. SO I hope this is a good start.

7/9/17 EDIT: Dangit I lied I can't stop writing these people! End of Prologue is up now too: http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...ing-future.html

Pictures are outtakes that didn't make it in the blog, but still they're so cute :3
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#15282 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:03 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.17 - Now off to play
Instructor
#15283 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 6:25 PM Last edited by owl_face : 10th Jul 2017 at 10:04 PM.
Rant rant rant! I used to use photobucket for my legacy pics but it seems they have stopped allowing third party hosting. So I'm going to go back and fix about half my posts for my random legacy so any future readers can see the pictures. There's no point to this. I'm just really annoyed. And I wanted to rant. >:c

I have the pictures for the next update but I've been distracted by 1) the aforementioned picture debacle and 2) something I'm working on for mah tumblr. I'll try to update again by my blog's one year anniversary (July 19th).

Edit: It took me all morning but I fixed the pictures on my blog! Now I just need to do the same thing for my old legacy. ;_; Good thing I'm a digital packrat, I suppose.

Lab Assistant
#15284 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Frogsnack : 11th Jul 2017 at 12:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl_face
Rant rant rant! I used to use photobucket for my legacy pics but it seems they have stopped allowing third party hosting. So I'm going to go back and fix about half my posts for my random legacy so any future readers can see the pictures. There's no point to this. I'm just really annoyed. And I wanted to rant. >:c

That sucks! I've used them for years and not had any problems. I feel like there was another good one though I'll have to check my links and look for it (had a frog for a logo which is probably why i used it). I enjoyed your Omega update by the way! EDIT: Found it, I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if third party hosting has changed with them, but it's free. http://www.imageshack.us/

I don't mind rants. I wanted to start up a conversation in thread about something in my game, but it seemed like this thread was meant more for legacy blog updates than anything (correct my if I'm wrong because I need some advice on what 'awesome' means, I rolled it in gen 1 and I'm slightly terrified)

Inventor
Original Poster
#15285 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:04 AM
"Awesome" can mean anything you want it to mean. I take it mean "achieve something that's not so easy to achieve in the game". One time I rolled it and decided to create an unmelting ice sculpture garden. Another time I collected a bunch of spire cut gems.
Field Researcher
#15286 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:33 AM
I was planning on just jumping back in with my legacy. However, I am doing a time jump... Mostly cause my save is corrupt. >.> Annnnnd I need to organize my CC really badly. And compress files. Apparently my folder is 31GB. Somehow I'm about 99% sure that is wrong, considering it says I have over 600 folders in that folder, and I know for sure that I don't. xD

The Riddle Family - Random Legacy

My simblr .
Instructor
#15287 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsnack
That sucks! I've used them for years and not had any problems. I feel like there was another good one though I'll have to check my links and look for it (had a frog for a logo which is probably why i used it). I enjoyed your Omega update by the way! EDIT: Found it, I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if third party hosting has changed with them, but it's free. http://www.imageshack.us/

I don't mind rants. I wanted to start up a conversation in thread about something in my game, but it seemed like this thread was meant more for legacy blog updates than anything (correct my if I'm wrong because I need some advice on what 'awesome' means, I rolled it in gen 1 and I'm slightly terrified)

Thanks! I'm probably just going to use blogger's hosting service for the time being, since I've been burned already.

I think another simmer (futurecarrie, maybe) used the awesome roll to collect all the gnomes in the game. I'd like to roll the awesome roll at some point because it seems....awesome, I guess.

Lab Assistant
#15288 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:43 PM
When I rolled awesome I created a clone of one of my legacy spouses with the science skill.
Lab Assistant
#15289 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:09 PM
Yeah the examples of awesome being collections make a lot of sense as they're so difficult to obtain, but most of what my sims collect they won't be able to sell because of my rolls and it's gen 1, so I had this crazy idea to make a 'happening bunker' for Meghan who is insane, a genius, and a computer whiz. I can't make her an inventor because of the time involved i don't think (plus I gave her that custom hypochondriac trait where she thinks everything's going to kill her so I'm incredibly tempted to make her an underground safe space with every type of scientific and electron device imaginable in the game, where everything is upgraded to never need cleaning).

Another idea is that 'awesome' can spread to every generation and I'll have to bring in an occult sim each generation (not the freebies the ones you have to find like mummy, genie, ghost, mermaid). But since she's all about conspiracies I don't see her trusting anything non-human, although she's a supernatural fan and all...

So, bomb shelter of insane scienc-ery, would something like that work? I could always compound it by adding a requirement to fill the place with Tiberium or soul pieces or something. Thoughts? I don't want a normal collection, I want it to tie into her traits because she rolled a great set of them I think.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15290 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:49 PM
Yeah, I collected (most of) the gnomes. I think I was missing a few (and the showtime ones) but I figured "hey, y'all got a sh*t ton of gnomes, that's awesome enough". Alyssa had to do so much laundry to get that li'l bear gnome xD

I'll have an update one day, it's mostly because I'll have to build lots and make a lot of poses for next chapter which is really putting me off it, I'm a very lazy person xD

My Random Legacy Blog: Matthews' Random Legacy
I don't really know what else to say other than I like bunnies
Lab Assistant
#15291 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:56 AM Last edited by heatherfeather19 : 12th Jul 2017 at 5:56 AM.
@Frogsnack the bunker idea sounds awesome! Sounds like it fits her personality, which is great.

Edit: Just posted an update: 7.3 "Bittersweet"
Lab Assistant
#15292 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : 13th Jul 2017 at 4:18 AM.
@FutureCarrie Yeah those gnomes creep me out a lot, you are a brave simmer. They ususally show up on my lots and I think 'hey look it's a thousand bucks'!
And dang it go pose your sexy sexy sims for us, it's the best soap opera ever! I reread your blog about three times last week, all the way back to Sam & June's early married days. Good stuff.

@heatherfeather19 Thanks by your and my consensus I'll probably do something like that! Uhh because creative licence or something and reasons, lol. The party in your update was hilarious. I'll be nice to the neighbors and assume they thought nobody really died and the evening was a staged event. You should have a murder mystery next time.

New Update on Dustin and Meghan whereabouts;
http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...sconnected.html

Oh yeah and another...
http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...comeacross.html
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#15293 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:09 AM
Hadn't played this is in a bit. Annika, my heir, is now a child.

She looks a lot like her dad, which I find a bit unfortunate. I don't think that bone structure looks great on a girl. Hopefully the puberty fairy is kind to her.
Lab Assistant
#15294 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:23 AM
@Frogsnack lol, a murder mystery would be great! Now if I can just get my sims to stop actually dying during parties...
Forum Resident
#15295 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 9:58 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.18
Lab Assistant
#15296 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:54 AM
Just started playing this, I'm only on first gen. My rolls are: Single Parent, 2 children, Culinary career, and Runs In the family(I decided to not do the generational goal, I rather do this like a normal legacy..) even though I've only been playing this for a few days, I'm about half way done with generation 1. My founder is at level 9 in her career and both of her kids are children! I haven't given the kids the trait yet, but after they age up to teenagers, I will.
Lab Assistant
#15297 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 3:13 PM
Annika is now a teen! She looks better I think, though you can still DEFINITELY tell who her Dad is (the non child support paying jerk!)

Next gen's rolls: couple with five kids, she's going to be a lifeguard and her spouse an inventor/bot builder. Think I'm going to move her to another town once she becomes an adult.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15298 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveViolet
Just started playing this, I'm only on first gen. My rolls are: Single Parent, 2 children, Culinary career, and Runs In the family(I decided to not do the generational goal, I rather do this like a normal legacy..) even though I've only been playing this for a few days, I'm about half way done with generation 1. My founder is at level 9 in her career and both of her kids are children! I haven't given the kids the trait yet, but after they age up to teenagers, I will.

Culinary on first gen is pretty good! You get that awesome fridge! So jealous.
Test Subject
#15299 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 7:15 PM
Lab Assistant
#15300 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melynx
Hi! Here to drop an update after that mean cliffhanger last time
Yeah... it was funny though. I loved how the situation was 'resolved' there.

@NutsandDolts & LoveViolet I just found out about the fridge a few days ago, I kind of want to roll that career now too. This challenge is going to make me play so many rabbithole jobs I never would. I just realized that I might actually play every part of the game this way. Normally I avoid the jobs like the plague and my sims run all over town causing whatever havoc I'm in the mood to muster through them. Half the time I take the school out too so I can play the kid's lives better.

New updates on them kids!

Arrivals http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs...7/arrivals.html
Academics http://sparrowlegacychallenge.blogs.../academics.html

I hope the pacing is okay so far. Also I know I'm playing the first gen early by having them be teens and they'll get some skills earlier than they should, but it's the only way I wanted to do it (and Meghan's role didn't make sense to me otherwise).
Screenshots

Page 612 of 622