Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 12:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Backing Up Sims 3 Store Content - New Instructions??
I recently came across information for Ensuring A Proper Reinstallation Of Store Content at Sims VIP. It was a complete surprise to me as I have never read anything indicating there were two different ways to back-up based on how the game was installed. Can anyone shed any light as to why it needs to be this way? I've searched the EA Help Forum for some more information but could find none. Have also posted at VIP for further clarification but am wondering if anyone in here is familiar with this "new?" information or can answer my "Why" question. Thanks!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 4:34 PM
might that be a reason why i came across simmers seeking for help cause there content didnt show up since they bought the game as disc or changed to buy stuff (additional EPs) via origin (that would be digital then, wouldnt it?)?!
i am completely with you - no idea what that means. it makes me nervous seeing this. but thanks for pointing me to it and bringing this into discussion.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I recently came across information for Ensuring A Proper Reinstallation Of Store Content at Sims VIP. It was a complete surprise to me as I have never read anything indicating there were two different ways to back-up based on how the game was installed. Can anyone shed any light as to why it needs to be this way? I've searched the EA Help Forum for some more information but could find none. Have also posted at VIP for further clarification but am wondering if anyone in here is familiar with this "new?" information or can answer my "Why" question. Thanks!!

I came here looking for answers to the same questions, I've never heard of this before.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 1:13 AM
I asked a few questions in a couple of places and for those interested here is the response I received from EA Help by Crinrict and Wee Albert SimsVIP provided answers to many of the questions floating around concerning the issue.