Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:57 PM Last edited by timeternal : 17th Jul 2017 at 11:58 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Merged CC will NOT show up!
I tried to use both S3PE and CC Magic, but none of the custom content loads! Are some CC conflicting with others? How can I tell?
If I put them in the packages folder without merging them, they work fine, but I'm sick of the load times. I have about 500 package files

Edit: In CC Magic, some CC show up as 'unknown' or 'file missing' is that part of the problem?
Edit 2: Some of the CC is showing up in game, so far only makeup, accessories, and tattoos are showing up, at least MOST of them do.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:35 AM
How long are your load times when all is unmerged in Packages? The reason some of us, can't speak for everyone, didn't answer your first post is that we have the same problem or just don't bother even trying to merge anything and put up with the longer startups in exchange for having the content we want available to us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
How long are your load times when all is unmerged in Packages? The reason some of us, can't speak for everyone, didn't answer your first post is that we have the same problem or just don't bother even trying to merge anything and put up with the longer startups in exchange for having the content we want available to us.

The load time after selecting a town is around 30 minutes or longer. I'm really itching to ease the load times at least a little bit. I'm sorry for anyone who has to wait any longer than that

Also, I didn't mean to make 2 posts like this. I can't seem to delete the other one for whatever reason.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:10 AM
Yes, that is far too long. So for comparison's sake, how long is your load time without any of the package based content? Any difference with and without if you start a new test game?

And can we get some specs on this computer? One that is too tight on RAM or processor power will behave like this, for example.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes, that is far too long. So for comparison's sake, how long is your load time without any of the package based content? Any difference with and without if you start a new test game?

And can we get some specs on this computer? One that is too tight on RAM or processor power will behave like this, for example.

I tried a few things to try and fix this. I used Delphy's Dashboard Tool to remove conflicting CC, and also decrapified all my packages with Compressorizer Redux. Merged content still doesn't appear. I also downloaded the 4GB patch so the game can use more ram, as well as Razer Cortex. They seem to help with the load times. The load time without CC (or less CC) is only about 3 minutes. The load time with CC is around 15 minutes now, which isn't too bad. I'm willing to put up with that if I can't figure out how to get merged CC to work.

Something I noticed with S3PE is that if I select and import multiple packages, only the first one shows up in S3PE. If I import each file one at a time, they do show up in S3PE. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with CC not showing up, or if that's normal.

How can I find and share my computers specs? I'm a noob at everything regarding computer specifics (and also Sims 3 apparently)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:04 PM
A good place to start is the file called DeviceConfig.log in your user game folder. The first 40 lines or so, we wouldn't need to see the long lists of game options, should give us a pretty good idea of what you have.

On the 4 GB "patch," I'm afraid that would be akin to snake oil. The game has been Large Address Aware (LAA) since Patch 1.17 and will reach for up to almost 4 GB of RAM as needed all by itself, if the RAM is actually available for it to use. The game cannot possibly use any more than that, if it tries to do so it will crash or Error 12 on you.