Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:40 PM
Default Seasons changes, the Upload Queue, and you!
Hi All,

As you all know the latest Sims 2 EP has been released and a lot of you are picking it up and playing it and hopefully enjoying yourself immensely.

With the release of an EP the amount of uploads on MTS2 usually goes down a bit, and we are taking this opportunity to update some key systems and procedures to take us into the future and make things better for people uploading.

With this in mind, I am announcing that:

The Upload Items screen will be DISABLED for the period of this work

This means that no new uploads may be submitted to MTS2 - however existing uploads will be processed as normal, as it is required to clear down the upload queues completely before restarting and updating for Seasons.

We hope you all understand the need to do this, and rest assured uploads will be enabled very soon.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
40 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:44 PM
Oh bad timing for me but thanks Delphy I can't wait to see some of the houses from this new EP!
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:44 PM
Ok fine with me
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:50 PM
It's quite ok with me ! You know better than most of us the ups and downs of this site.

Et le dernier jour, Dieu a crée les Québecois ! /
And on the last day, God created Quebecers !
Et vive le Québec libre !!
Inventor
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:01 PM
Awwww - okay. We trust you to do the right stuff, even if it means having to be patient and wait to upload new stuff and find nifty new things to download - and besides, the new EP should keep us distracted for a week.

Just make sure you get some of that time to be distracted too!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:09 PM
All right, Delphy! I will wait.... and create!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:24 PM
Thanks for letting us know, much appreciated that! And for all the work of course

Touch my mind
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:36 PM
Holy Scrap I'm glad I uploaded my latest stuff last night.... I suppose I should use this time to read some of those tutorials that I've been wanti-er, rather, needing to read. I'm so oblivious I didn't even realize the new EP was out today....

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:01 PM
I'm so glad you didn't do this half an hour earlier.
I wonder how many exiting bugs Maxis have left for us?

Go and have nice a cup of tea.
It will make everything better.
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:23 PM
*sigh* Okay. I'll let it go this time.

Starspeed
Webmaster of The Sims Realty Co.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:59 PM
No problem, improving the site for the future is more important than the individual satisfaction of uploading an item

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:17 PM
It went down last night (for me) AS I was uploading recolors

Don't forget to say "thank you" to Sims2 creators and recolorers (is that a word?) And support this site!

Thanks, for all your posts and thanks. I often don't have time to respond, but they make my day and warm my heart.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:19 PM
Onward and upward! (no pun intended). lol. Can it get any better?

If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, then what about an empty desk?

My stuff may be used in uploads if 1. Credit is given, 2. link to my page provided. Happy simming!
McAlli's page
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator
#14 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:28 PM
Default Cool
Thanks for the heads up! Got 3 archives ready to go whenever we can upload again!

Thanks again!

Happy Season's to all! I received my email notification of shipping of my copy today. w00t w00t!

~Baybee~
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:37 PM
Damn, just half an hour ago I finished my newest creation!

Can you predict how long it will take?
One day, one week or whatever?

Anyway, it's right that I'll probably not create/download anything for at least one week due to Seasons which I'll hopefully get tomorrow, so it's ok.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:38 PM
No problem here on the contrary thank you for all the hard work!I can't wait to see the changes!

Plus gives us more time to create i guess, instead of uploading or browsing new uploads ;-) lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Instructor
#17 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:03 PM
Thanks Brilliant Cant Wait

If You Want To See Any More Of My Downloads Visit My WebSite
demiseverlastingsims2.com
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:11 PM
I'm sure the moderators and staff will thank you all for your kind permission. Thank you for letting us know (still not sure I want the new EP)
Lizzrom
#19 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:35 PM
I am getting mine at Circuit City when they drop $10 off of it(they do that to all sims 2 games when it comes out the week after.)
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 7:37 PM
I am picking mine up on the way home from work today. I have been looking forward to this expansion for quite some time.

Starspeed
Webmaster of The Sims Realty Co.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 7:48 PM
not at the greatest timing for me...... I was just about to finish my latest career. Oh well. If it helps improve the site then i say go for it. Thanks for the update, and let us all know when uploadings re-enab;ed.

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#22 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 7:53 PM
Hi Delphy,

Will that apply to the proposals (and testing) upload section also? Or should we wait for the all clear before we upload to our projects so the other team members can test the content? We're still bug-checking our content.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:05 PM
Thank you for giving us this wonderful site.
I appreciate all of the effort used to maintain it.

Gracias por brindarnos este sitio de internet de los Sims 2.
les agradezco su esfuerzo para mantenerlo.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Zhaana : 28th Feb 2007 at 9:27 PM.
Héhé, thanks for letting us know !
At least this update is nice for creators or players.. it let us busy in the game or creating some new things, and no more temptations for once, lol.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 9:02 PM
Many thanks for the information and for your tough job.

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4