Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 2:51 PM Last edited by linesa : 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:38 AM.
Default Solved - Apartment from Bridgeport sink in EIG
Hello ^^

I have a little problem : I saved an apartment from Bridgeport in the bin, he's called Giron de Bridgeport in french (I don't have the name in english), and when I put it in my own world on a flat lot, it sink :o

Here's the pics :

Is there a way to fix that ?
The world I'm making is totally from scratch, and all the lots are flat, there's no lot on hills or the like.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:03 PM
Use the cheat "setimportedterrainoffset 2" before you set the lot down. Change the numbers up or down depending on the result.

In EIG though I'm not sure you can use cheat codes.

I think those shells are available as content for EIG so you can build with them on the lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:11 PM Last edited by linesa : 2nd Nov 2016 at 3:56 PM.
All right, thank you @Volvenom, I'll try that :D

And I have another question I just remembered : do you know why my lots are set as "Rent" instead of "Buy" and if there's a way to fix that too ?
It's strange because I've set them as apartments in the CAW and in EIG...

[Edit]
The trick with the cheat setimportedterrainoffset 2 worked :D
I just replaced the number 2 by 6 to put it on the right level :D
dodgy builder
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linesa
All right, thank you @Volvenom, I'll try that :D

And I have another question I just remembered : do you know why my lots are set as "Rent" instead of "Buy" and if there's a way to fix that too ?
It's strange because I've set them as apartments in the CAW and in EIG...

[Edit]
The trick with the cheat setimportedterrainoffset 2 worked :D
I just replaced the number 2 by 6 to put it on the right level :D

The apartments from uni exp is so incredibly bugged. I haven't really used those shells that much. I would probably just use residential with hidden and public markers.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:37 PM
It's strange @Volvenom, because I only used the apartments from Bridgeport I saved to the bin, and used the Late Night apartments who where already in the bin :o

What I did in CAw is to put Apartment as the subtype, and in EIG, when I put the apart, it turn as a classical residential type, so I change again the type as Apart when I'm still in EIG.

I also made an experiment where I left the subtype as residential in CAW, then put the apartment in EIG and I still have to change the type as apart in EIG...

I managed to import Bridgeport in CAW to check in EIG and see if something's wrong with my world, and they're shown as residential lots, not as apartment :o
Even in CAW their subtype is residential, not apartment :o

So, how can it be possible for Bridgeport to show these lots with the apartment symbol, when in CAW and in EIG, nothing show them as such apparently ? :o
Maybe it's because the world is flagged as a city ?

I think I'll try a little thing and I'll tell if it worked or not :D
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 6:46 PM
The appartment lot type is used for the dorms in University Life.

For the Late Night Appartments, these have the regular "Residental" lot type. So these settings would be correct. They are turned into appartments by using the NPC doors and the hidden/public room markers. Which means, that you can turn every suitable building, not only the shells from Bridgeport into appartments.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 7:23 PM
I used apartments with a mod once, and tried to change them back to residential after using apartments. That's what I mean with bugged. It kept going back to apartments. I don't remember how I finally managed to solve the problem, but I have decided to never use apartment zoning again.

You should instead use residential with hidden and public markers. IT can be a challenge to make it work, but world buildings have the challenges stacked nicely one on top of the other, so you can just take it as one of those.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 9:23 PM
Oh my, that mean I'll have to change the subtypes of my apartments to residential in CAW, then bulldoze the lots in EIG to put back the lots from the bin cleanly, then @Vincent T. ? :o
Or should I go more frankly by deleting the lot in CAW, then recreate it with residential as subtype, then put the home in EIG ?
For these cases, will I need to set the doors as npc, or will it be unneeded since they're already apartments lot from the bin or saved to the bin from Bridgeport as they are ?

All right, I see, @Volvenom.
Thanks for your advice too :D
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 9:39 PM
As for the lot zoning: make sure that the appartment lot itself has the "residental" zone (i.e. after placing it). It should override any other zoning you might have applied to the empty lot in CAW. So you could replace the appartements in the EIG-feature of caw with versions from the bin. And double check if they are properly zoned. If you want to be on the even safer side you can change the lot type in caw as well as replacing the lots in EIG.

I haven't checked the Bridgeport lots but they should have everything set up correctly. It should be fine to place them from the bin and not set the doors again.

If you build your own appartments you would need to make sure the lot is zoned as residental and set NPC doors. You can make appartment-like lots using the room markers only. This way only part of the building was accessible by the active sims. But if you want neighbours you will need to set NPC doors.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 10:08 PM
All right, so I don't need to change the apartment zoning I made in CAW, just bulldozing the lot in EIG, then puting the lot from the bin should do the trick if I understood well @Vincent T. ? :D

I'll try that tomorrow if I have time, then :D
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2016 at 10:13 PM
You will see if it works when you are back in caw and check the lot type. But from my experience this should work fine.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2016 at 10:37 AM
All right, I've made the test, and it worked perfectly @Vincent T. :D

So, thank you and thank you too @Volvenom for your help :D