Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2701 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 1:30 AM
If you have the lifespan in your game set to Normal, than after they hit 90 days, each day your Sim has a 14% chance of dieing (10.5% if they've completed the Marathon Runner challenge.)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2702 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 1:52 AM
I've seen a couple falcons and other huge and cool-looking birds around the town, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take them home. My sim doesn't have any command other than "watch" and my cat has the hunting skill, but can also only "watch" it.

Do I need a certain level of hunting skill, or can I just not get large birds?

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Scholar
#2703 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
I've seen a couple falcons and other huge and cool-looking birds around the town, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take them home. My sim doesn't have any command other than "watch" and my cat has the hunting skill, but can also only "watch" it.

Do I need a certain level of hunting skill, or can I just not get large birds?

It's up for debate. One of the theories is that you get better the more animals you catch, but some birds (the specific instance, not all falcons/all crows/etc) just don't seem to work no matter how well you do. Eventually it'll despawn and another one will take its place. It might take a while but eventually you'll wind up being able to catch a falcon. Try catching other birds in the meantime in case that hidden level theory is true.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#2704 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:26 PM
Here's another shot in the dark. Is it possible to adopt deer and raccoons?

-Walter "Red" Smith
One Minute Ninja'd
#2705 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
It's up for debate. One of the theories is that you get better the more animals you catch, but some birds (the specific instance, not all falcons/all crows/etc) just don't seem to work no matter how well you do. Eventually it'll despawn and another one will take its place. It might take a while but eventually you'll wind up being able to catch a falcon. Try catching other birds in the meantime in case that hidden level theory is true.

There is a hidden wildlife skill. My sims who reached level 6 (the highest) could befriend falcons and whatnot. So the more time you put into watching and trying to befriend, the better your chances will be of catching one. Your befriending wild horses, deer, and racoons also boosts your hidden wildlife skill.
Test Subject
#2706 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 10:21 PM
Not without mods. Someone already made an adoptable racoon mod I think. (About adopting racoons and deer, derp. Sorry, distracted.)
One Minute Ninja'd
#2707 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Here's another shot in the dark. Is it possible to adopt deer and raccoons?

Nope. Even my sims with maxed out wildlife skills could never adopt one. There might be some mod that will let you add them to your family, but I haven't found one yet. I do use most of Twallan's mods, but haven't found an option to let me grab one, although there may be some obscure way to do it that I haven't figured out yet (or, a perfectly obvious option that I'm just too stupid to figure out how to use).
Alchemist
#2708 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai

In my experience, there's a random factor to being able to catch certain birds. My Sim caught a falcon. After that, some falcons she encountered would be catchable, but others would only have the watch option. It was the same with several species of birds, mostly large ones but even a few small ones.
Scholar
#2709 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 11:05 PM
There's a dog uploaded to MTS that uses the raccoon's appearance. And a dog that's supposed to be a fox, and so on and so forth. They'll still meow/bark/whatever, but it's a possibility. For deer though I'd say you're out of luck for now. I'm sure it's possible to make an "add to family" sort of cheat/mod for them, but I don't even want to think about the bugs that might leave you open to. I still have nightmares about adding a ninja to the family in Sims 2.

Inventor
#2710 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 3:48 AM
How do I acquire the vampire fangs? I want my half-breeds to have fangs.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#2711 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
How do I acquire the vampire fangs? I want my half-breeds to have fangs.
Use the cheat "unlockoutfits on", go to plan outfit, and they should be in the accessories section I believe.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Forum Resident
#2712 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:29 PM
Is there any way to put a bracelet/watch on a sim's other wrist instead of on their left?
Test Subject
#2713 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 3:28 AM
Default Changing size of pregnancy bump
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the size of the 2nd and 3rd trimester bumps to be larger?
Eminence Grise
#2714 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrzd
Hello I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the size of the 2nd and 3rd trimester bumps to be larger?

Probably... try asking in the Meshing forum, under Create

Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Is there any way to put a bracelet/watch on a sim's other wrist instead of on their left?

I believe that again, that would involve editing the mesh. I'd try the CAS Parts forum.
Forum Resident
#2715 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:05 AM
Sim genetics is a myth to me. I often do the plastic surgery by switching the whole body of an existing sim to a premade sim in CAS library. Does the genetic reset at that time or their children still inherit their old body features?
Mad Poster
#2716 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 1:39 PM
As far as I am aware, Sim genetics are a lot more basic in The Sims 3 than they were in The Sims 2. From what I gather, in The Sims 3, Sims pass along "genetics" of what they look like at the time the child is born.
So if a Sim originally is created with black hair and you later change it to blond before a child is born, the child will be blond.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#2717 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:31 AM
That makes sense to me, thank you.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2718 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:51 PM
Were those ant hills always there? Are they a visible manifestation of a spawner or just a bad place to lay down a picnic?
Scholar
#2719 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Were those ant hills always there? Are they a visible manifestation of a spawner or just a bad place to lay down a picnic?

If they're what I think you mean, they aren't anthills, they're digspots. Dogs with the hunting skill can dig at one of those spots (or in open ground) and find an item. That's the game's hint to you that there's a gem or whatever buried there. If you teach a dog the hunting skill and then tell him to "Dig Here" or whatever the command is, he'll find whatever it is buried there.

They're a lot like the digspots in vacation worlds, if you have WA.

transmogrified
retired moderator
#2720 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 4:23 PM
Thanks, Zokugai! I've been avoiding adopting pets, and since my Sims didn't have any interactions with the spot, I assumed it was decorative or a sign of a forthcoming ant invasion (which would be totally cool). Darn, now my Sim is going to have to get a dog just so I can see it in action.
Scholar
#2721 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 4:27 PM
Cats can learn the skill too. Cats catch small animals like lizards or birds (and they can fish), dogs catch objects like gems and spacerocks.

To start it out, cats can teach themselves using one of the toys from the pet toy box, but dogs you'll have to teach it to, like teaching them a trick. Later on you'll be able to have your sim tell them to find a particular type of object, or you can click on the dog and choose "find ___" or tell him to dig at a specific spot.

Lab Assistant
#2722 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Fluffy Puff : 22nd Jan 2012 at 6:16 AM.
After playing another family for a bit, I returned to my first house to find that Logan's twin moved out! The problem? I can't find her! I no longer even see her in Logan's contacts. I checked the family tree to see if her sister's icon had greyed out but it hasn't (even though it was taking a few moments for the icon to even appear). What happened to Morgan? Has she died? Disappeared?

In addition, how do you locate sims who have moved out while you were playing another household?

Edit: Okay, so I saw that one family moved in with another. Perhaps this happened to Morgan?
Lab Assistant
#2723 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kristelparv
How can I change toddlers hair and clothes?

You can walk them up to mirrors and dressers just like any other Sims! Or Edit in CAS by turning on testingcheatsenabled, then shift+clicking on the Toddler and selecting "Edit In CAS"

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Mad Poster
#2724 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 12:30 AM
My sim's dog just died, and I can't find his gravestone anywhere. It's not on the lot or in the family inventory. I think that the dog was on a community lot when he died. Any idea where his gravestone might be, if he even has one?
Scholar
#2725 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 1:28 AM
check the mausoleum
Page 109 of 385