Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2726 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:06 AM
Is it a "very bad thing" to edit a sim in CAS while they're pregnant, and even then, how can you get to CAS? (I need to know for a short movie I'm doing)

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2727 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
check the mausoleum

I tried that just now, no luck though :-(
Scholar
#2728 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 2:47 AM
i would check the community lots then...but do it in live mode...so if you do find it...you can drag it into their personal inventory...
sorry...i couldn't help more...
Forum Resident
#2729 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Is it a "very bad thing" to edit a sim in CAS while they're pregnant, and even then, how can you get to CAS? (I need to know for a short movie I'm doing)

testingcheatsenabled true then shift+click the sim, I think that is the common way.
I have Master Controller, it's always possible for me to shift+click the sim and edit maternity outfit.
Top Secret Researcher
#2730 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
testingcheatsenabled true then shift+click the sim, I think that is the common way.

Just to clarify :

EA Standard does not allow pregnant sims in CAS.

You are only able to do such because you are running [MasterController].

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#2731 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:37 PM
Can you uninstall an expansion pack, and still buy the new ones that come out....without it affecting the game?

For example, Pets has given me nothing but trouble and constant game crashes that I can't seem to fix no matter how hard I try (even after fixing all of my custom content). So, if I just uninstall it, is it still possible to install Showtime when it comes out...without Pets?
Top Secret Researcher
#2732 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarysecrets
Can you uninstall an expansion pack, and still buy the new ones that come out....without it affecting the game?

Yes. You can mix and match the installed Packs however you see fit.

Note though, you may have trouble loading a save-game that was run while the [Pets] pack was installed.

However you should be able to start a fresh game with no issues.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#2733 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Yes. You can mix and match the installed Packs however you see fit.

Note though, you may have trouble loading a save-game that was run while the [Pets] pack was installed.

However you should be able to start a fresh game with no issues.

Excellent! I removed Pets and my game is running beautifully! Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
#2734 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:26 PM
Probably a daft question but then that's why I'm posting it here.
Can you have multiple cash registers, of different types, on the same lot and still have them all function? I'm considering combining my Pet Store and Consignment Shop into one lot if I need the extra space in the future, but only if both registers will carry on working. I plan to leave the lot designated as a consignment store.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2735 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Probably a daft question but then that's why I'm posting it here.
Can you have multiple cash registers, of different types, on the same lot and still have them all function? I'm considering combining my Pet Store and Consignment Shop into one lot if I need the extra space in the future, but only if both registers will carry on working. I plan to leave the lot designated as a consignment store.

yes you can.....
Mad Poster
#2736 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Did the message come with a small inheritance? I don't believe there is a "manage dead" option/menu as such. When a Sim dies on a lot where you are playing, you have the option of keeping their urn/tombstone at the lot or moving it to another lot. You can access that option anytime by clicking on the tombstone/urn. The only other choice with regards the dead, that I know of, involved the resurrect-o-nomitron , the career reward item for the paranormal career, where those who were close to a Sim and remember him have the option of resurrecting him.

I've yet to have a playable sim die in the Sims 3, but isn't that for the Sims 2?
Mad Poster
#2737 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I've yet to have a playable sim die in the Sims 3, but isn't that for the Sims 2?
Woops! You're right - I'm in the wrong thread! I'll withdraw the answer. (Stupid questions - ha! Stupid answer! )

I did find this online: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/ghosts.php

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#2738 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:06 PM
Can a pregnant Young adult not age up to Adult? My sim has had 0 days left until age up, for several days now. I can't age her up with the cake, or with the MasterController's "Trigger Age Transition" thingy (nothing happens). Is it because she's pregnant, or has something glitched?
Top Secret Researcher
#2739 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiracleWithPaws
Can a pregnant Young adult not age up to Adult? My sim has had 0 days left until age up, for several days now. I can't age her up with the cake, or with the MasterController's "Trigger Age Transition" thingy (nothing happens). Is it because she's pregnant, or has something glitched?
It's because she's pregnant.
Test Subject
#2740 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
It's because she's pregnant.

Thank you! That explains it. Funny how I've never noticed that before...
Lab Assistant
#2741 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:10 PM
Just curious if anyone else has issues with this? Strays trying to age up and end up crashing my game because they want to die... =/
Test Subject
#2742 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I'll go first

I cannot figure out the gardening and fertilazation. I'v tried fertilizing with different vegs (apples, lettuce, onion), also tried fertilizing apple trees with apples, lettuse with lettuse, but I'm not seeing any "great" improvement. Does it matter what you use? or is there some special fertilizing plant that's superior to the rest? Also some of the vegs you have in your inventory will have different state, some bad, some good, is there any differene if you use the bad one versus the better ones?

dUDE first like my teacher said to me "there are no stupid questions man there is only the force." Dude he was right.

And dude use fish, like the native indanian mans of america. They used fish to grow everything man and it was cool cuz no animals died and big foot uses fish too man/ther is no bad vegetable but my like likes good veggies better cuz he gets a bigger buffer yeah sheep
Test Subject
#2743 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 12:54 PM
If you were to move a rabbit hole like the police station to a new empty lot without bulldozing it in edit town, would the sims in the town keep their job at said police station?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Sometimes I imagine six impossible things before breakfast...
Mad Poster
#2744 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 5:32 PM
I'm not sure but an option you could use to be on the safe side would be to add the new police station BEFORE you remove the old one. That way when you remove the first one the game will still have a police station available so shouldn't attempt to remove Sims from that career.
Bear in mind this is all speculation on my part.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2745 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 6:32 PM
Hmm, I would definitely backup before doing that anyway, as I remember trying this with a bookstore and it didn't work as planned. I had to reassign the work buildings if I remember correctly.
Instructor
#2746 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 6th Feb 2012 at 11:44 PM.
I have a question about taking pictures-- How would you take different pictures at precisely the same angle as before?

Here's kind of what I'm talking about:
http://i.imgur.com/RCQV4.gif

^ For example, I would take a picture of a sim once. Then I want to go edit her in create-a-sim. When I leave the CAS screen and go back to game mode, how would I be able to take the picture again at precisely the same angle as before? Same thing with furniture and create-a-style.

I'm not sure if that made sense @__@

Quote:
MiniMimi

v v v Edit: Oh derp, I've always taken pictures while zoomed in with the "Tab" key. I guess I won't be doing that then xD

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Top Secret Researcher
#2747 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
^ For example, I would take a picture of a sim once. Then I want to go edit her in create-a-sim. When I leave the CAS screen and go back to game mode, how would I be able to take the picture again at precisely the same angle as before? Same thing with furniture and create-a-style.

I'm not sure if that made sense @__@
Easy: pause the game, set your camera at the desired angle and move the annoying furniture out of the way. Take your pic and use Master Controller's Stylist option on your sim, you'll be able to change hair or outfits as you want and take all the pics you want without having to move your cam! There's also a code for AM that does the same thing (can't recall what it is). in MC it's Sim/basic/stylist and Sim/Intermediary/Outfit IIRC.
(whatever you do avoid using editsim, use the stylist option instead. It's safer.)
Instructor
#2748 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
I have a question about taking pictures-- How would you take different pictures at precisely the same angle as before?

You can save exact angles in camera mode (tab) by pressing Ctrl + any number 5-9. When you want to go back to that angle, you just press that number.

So for example, when in camera-man mode, if I take a picture of the upstairs toilet and want to save the angle for future use, I would press Ctrl + 5. Then I can go off and take pictures of the downstairs toilet, but when I want to go back I would just press 5 and voila, back at the upstairs toilet

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#2749 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 6:23 AM
Can we set reputation? I have just imported a yummy face into the hood and I want to set him as a Casanova so my sim can explode her mind out of woohooing with him.
I have most Twallan mods but I must have missed something, I can't figure out how to set the rep.
Mad Poster
#2750 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PunkyBreester
You can save exact angles in camera mode (tab) by pressing Ctrl + any number 5-9. When you want to go back to that angle, you just press that number.

This method also works when you're not in camera man mode. I've used it for taking neighbourhood shots from map view before.

Page 110 of 385