Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 4:34 AM
Default Snazzy Sims Cemetery
So!
I want a cemetery for my sims because I want them to be able to fulfill the "see a ghost" want without having someone die on their lot and bringing all the unpleasant memories.
I've downloaded a cemetery, but there aren't any spirits on the lot, so there are no ghosts to see.
So THEN, I decided to boolprop some poor unsuspecting passerby into an early death, but I'm useless and terrified of it.
Anyway...ideas? Tips?
Gracias!

Evan
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 2:14 PM
If you're afraid of using boolprop, simwardrobe has some objects that you can use to kill sims. Have fun
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 4:27 AM
My mom had made a cemetery on a community lot, and at first there were no ghosts. Apparently it takes a while for ghosts to start haunting, it doesn't usually start like the day after they get a tombstone or anything. So you may have to send a Sim to hang out there a few times before ghosts start to show up!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 9:30 AM
The ghosts of dead Sims appear in the cemetery two days after I place their tombstones there. Then I send a Sim to visit the cemetery and make him/her stay till the first ghost appears -- in the meantime he/she meditates to keep his/her motives high.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 9:37 AM
If you want ghosts without killing your own sims, you can spawn some random sims with tumbstone of L&D and kill them how ever you like, I think that's the quickest way. Or use random townies.
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:56 PM
I always make a household with 8 unrelated sims and let them interact with the other sims I play in the neighborhood (I play completely custom hoods though, so this might be different in one of the EAxis made hoods) then after I have played them for a few days, visiting some community lots, making a few friends etc, I kill them off with InSim.

This way you can make a few different kind of ghosts because you can choose how to let them die with InSim (fire, flies, drowning, satellite etc.) and they've had some interaction with still living Sims, so they aren't complete strangers too the hood. They might leave some money to Sims they friended and such. Then I move their graves/urns to the cemetary, to have a variety of ghosts.

It might be a bit more work to do it this way, but I think this ties in best with making your neighborhood a bit more realistic.