Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:00 AM
Question about oil layer as make up
i decide to make this thread because the thread starter on Muscule sliders matching skintone (updated 28 dec)- testers needed on WCIF has not log in for a long time.
I want to ask you guys how to make the oil layer like in this page? http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...41&postcount=12
Because i see that it's very nice on few different skintone but it's only for a men & i want to make it for women too ^^.
* By the way : because that oil layer doesn't show up in game at first so i import it in tsr workshop, export it as sims3pack then convert it again to package.
Thanks.... :p
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 11:52 AM
That's an accessory - socks, to be exact - with a very pale white overlay (and probably a similar specular). The overlay just applies a faint white tint to the areas of the skin that are painted in the overlay, which gives the impression of shininess.

To make one, you'd clone a pair of female socks, and make the alpha channel on the base texture all black. Then paint your faint (semi-transparent) white "oil" detail onto the overlay image. You would probably also want to disable all the CASt channels for the sake of tidiness. You could then convert it to makeup, but in my experience doing so creates makeup which is buggy as a cockroach sammich.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
That's an accessory - socks, to be exact - with a very pale white overlay (and probably a similar specular). The overlay just applies a faint white tint to the areas of the skin that are painted in the overlay, which gives the impression of shininess.

To make one, you'd clone a pair of female socks, and make the alpha channel on the base texture all black. Then paint your faint (semi-transparent) white "oil" detail onto the overlay image. You would probably also want to disable all the CASt channels for the sake of tidiness. You could then convert it to makeup, but in my experience doing so creates makeup which is buggy as a cockroach sammich.

i still don't understand
can you explain it furthermore?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 9:50 AM
What don't you understand, specifically? I imagine you understood painting things onto a texture and "buggy as a cockroach sammich", at least... .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.