Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 2:26 AM
Default Sims you're attached to
I created a sim named Yves Bridges, and I had him adopt a girl named Brandy. She seems to be pretty self sufficient, I can even leave her running on autonomous, and she already has cleaned up after herself every time she's done with a meal, and she made Yves' bed (I think having a high amount of nice points has something to do with it), and went to bed on time (someone came in her room and turned her tv on but she went to bed after 1-2 more hours, after using the computer for half an hour ).

Is it me, or do kids seem to have more common sense than adults in TS2

Also, a question. A cat came to visit, and it was night, and the cat was sparkling (like fresh food kinda). Does this happen with all/most pets to enable them to be seen, or is this a special cat? I left a bowl of food and a toy out for him/her and I am waiting to see if anything happens from there.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:50 AM Last edited by Miserabilia : 7th Dec 2009 at 3:52 AM. Reason: forgot something
If you have apartment life then thats the feline familiar. Its the witches pet cat .
Banned
#3 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:52 AM
Claire Thiessen is the first permanent Sim I made. I like her so much I made a permanent archived template of her.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 4:06 AM
I get more attached to my sims in the sims 2 than in the sims 3. I had this one family, and i can't remember their last name but it was a synonym for loner I think only I think it started with a B....Anyway, I was like three or four generations in, and my teen sim just had an alien baby with her alien boyfriend, and then I started to move the house to the lots and houses bin, but then i changed my mind, and made it stop by shutting down the game before it could finish. My family was destroyed. I almost cried.

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miserabilia
If you have apartment life then thats the feline familiar. Its the witches pet cat .

I didn't see any witches or warlocks around, although I could be mistaken. There was a visitor who came, but he wasn't dressed like a warlock. He looked more like a school principal, and I thought he was from the school checking in on my adopted daughter because it was just before the first school day, and there was another sim with him.

And I don't know if the cat sparkled like a familiar. He didn't seem to have the glow of a familiar. Then again he could've belonged to a neutral witch, I've never seen a neutral witch's familiar before.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 12:44 PM
Your sim did that because they have a lot of neat points, not nice points. After you adopt a child, no one comes to check on them. It was just a random sim.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 1:31 PM Last edited by xxGuyxx : 7th Dec 2009 at 2:12 PM.
She has only 3-4 neat points. And she usually doesn't leave a mess (unless a guest eats something outside, and the guest doesn't bring the plate inside).

Then again, I always have Yves clean when I can, maybe Brandy picked up the habit

Btw here's an update. Brandy has been bringing home straight A's nonstop. She is now a teen, and I'm trying to encourage her to train her skills some before she goes to college (I deleted an unnecessary object and put her violin right near her bed ). I've had Yves working at the toy crafting station nonstop. I plan on making money through toys so I can get a better house for them (although I've grown quite attached to my current house, all of the walls have nice paint/wallpapers)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:04 PM
The only sims I was ever really attached to was my first Legacy family founder and her husband. Cydni & Curtis Ryan. They were actually my first sims to die of old age naturally and it was so sad! Curtis died right after coming home from work at 68 days old and Cydni died in the kitchen fixing dinner one night at 75. I couldn't believe how sad I was when I lost those Sims!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 10:42 PM
I'm really attached to my Una/Mole family. Natasha and John are very old now and should pass soon and I'm upset about this. I'm playing their son Joseph and his wife Caryn right now. They just had a son named Jack. I'm trying to build a decent relationship between the grandparents and grandson because I'm weird about families not having good relationships with eachother.
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 3:11 AM
I love love love the Sim I got of Mana from the J-Rock band Malice Mizer. Not only is he super pretty, but every child he had looked remarkably like him, no matter how drastically different his wife looked. And their kids all looked like them. I am on the 6th or 7th generation of Mizers, and they still come out looking like Mana. It's crazy. I love it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:11 AM
My favorite sims of all time have been the first family I ever created. I don't remember their names, but it was two women and their son, and then a daughter they adopted later.
Maybe it was just because everything was all new to me back then and I felt like I was exploring their lives with them (rather than knowing how everything worked and all the little surprises). I was really sad when they died of old age, and then my computer crashed so I don't even have their children/grandchildren anymore.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:33 AM
I restart alot for one reason or another and usually I start with the Goodies. As of late, I have taken to aging them to adults. In my head, they have this big backstory of being bad ass monster hunters that have gotten sick of that and have decided to take super villianery for a whirl. Faith wants to be a master crimnal and Herbert wants to be a mad scientist.

I am very fond of Brontide's cute sim name Psyche. She usually ends up in my game even if I lie to myself about there being no mods this time.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 4:53 AM
I'm really attached to July and her husband Miles. July is the heir of my very loose legacy, her grandmother's father is the starter of the family. Her father, who's dead now, was the oldest son, but he was quite boring so he was not suppose to be the heir, but then things happened and he became it, and I'm glad he did as his daughter is delightfull. They just got a baby boy called Nox, I wanted July to give birth to the first generation five kid (before I never got passed generation 3), but her cousin had an accident and beat her to it.

Before I installed WA, I made a copy of July and Miles and put them into the simbin, so in case my game exploded on me, i can always continue with them in a new hood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 2:08 PM
Brandy just finished her last semester in college. Earlier, I was going to have her get engaged to someone who she had 2 chemistry bolts with, but when I moved him in he was INCOMPETENT. Deciding that he was only gonna slow down Brandy's studies, I had him drop out so she could finish out the rest of college without any distractions.

Also, I finally tracked down a witch, and after getting friendship to 100, there was still no option to become a witch, so I boolpropped so I could control the witch, and made her make Brandy into a witch. Then I aged the witch down to a teen

I think when Brandy graduates, she will invite her friend Rena Robinson to live with her. It was hard to win her over as a friend, but she seems pretty bright. I have this story where Brandy wants to become a good witch, and is very close to nature, and she also wants to become a plantsim. I will most likely have her make Rena into a witch as well, and Brandy and Rena will run a business together. And instead of getting married, I will have her follow in Yves' footsteps and adopt, unless there's someone with 3 chemistry bolts. And I will most likely keep using elixir of life on these sims, because these are the only sims I really want to play atm.