Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 11:56 PM
Default Converting item to other clothing catagories?
Hello,

I've been playing the Sims since 2000 and viewing/using MTS for many years now, but this is my first time posting.

I'm trying to create an 18th century neighbourhood in the Sims 3. Sadly, CC for this sort of thing is not what it was for the Sims 2. However, I've found these breeches on All About Style and they're perfect!:

Adult breeches/stockings ( bottom right)
http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_historical.html

But it appears that these breeches only appear as underwear. I would love to have them as bottoms for everyday wear... but is there anyway that I can convert them so as to do this?

I have no experience modding, but I'm happy to do it myself if someone explains the process

Thanks in advance
x
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 12:21 AM
Download CTU, open the .package file in CTU, go to the Part Category tab and tick the boxes you want. Then hit Commit and Save.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 12:24 AM Last edited by Ellie09 : 7th Feb 2011 at 1:11 AM.
Thank you so much! But can I ask what is CTU?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:12 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:10 AM
Ok, I downloaded CAS Texture + Unitool v1.9 from this link:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364926

When I try and open my package file I get this message:
" Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index version was not 3."

Does anyone understand what I'm doing wrong? Thanks x
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 2:10 AM
You can not use sims 2 stuff for the sims 3
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 11:25 AM
Oh! Good catch Bloom. D'oh!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 1:28 PM
Oh, dear! Sorry for the trouble guys, but thanks for your assistance. At least I got an answer to my original question, even if I can't use it on that item. Big thanks!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:20 PM
AAS have a lot of similar stuff in their TS3 area, you might be able to find something there.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 5:21 PM
IIRC, Awesomemod has the capability of unlocking all clothing for all categories via a cheat, so you can plan outfits using whatever clothing you want for any category. Doesn't really help you so much in this situation since it won't allow you to use TS2 clothes, but if you discover something in future you want in another category, it's easy enough to do it that way without having to actually modify the clothes at all.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.