Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:10 AM
Way to Save NRaas Options?
Hey all,

Is there any way to save the changes you make to any NRaas mods and import them later on? I know you can import settings for MasterController (for just the options panel), but I'd like to know if this is possible for the rest of the modules.

Better yet, is there a way to save all your options at once, and import them back in en masse? That would save a lot of time spent setting up a game.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 23rd May 2015 at 2:27 AM
Overwatch. Use the export settings, all option, on the immediate command menu, I believe, and it will include all your MC, Woohooer, Shoeless, DebugEnabler, and whatnot settings (basically everything, they're all listed right there, so you'll know what is being exported/imported). For future games, it's Overwatch Import settings all and you'll reproduce all the settings en masse. However, I still do SP separately, which is under SP/General options, Export /Import settings. I've got my SP settings so finely tuned I'm terrified if anything ever happened to it, I'd never remember how to reproduce all those options, especially with the Caste system. And yes, those package files are safely backed up elsewhere too in case disaster ever strikes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:00 AM
Ah, that makes NRaas infinitely more useful.
Inventor
#4 Old 23rd May 2015 at 5:59 AM
Just to add to what eskie227 covered so well , you can also have multiple saved settings if you like to have different setups for different worlds/play styles. Just save the settings under a different name and they are stored in the library and you'll be asked to choose which settings ( by name) you wish to import for that particular game. I have 3 different settings stored and they're such a time saver. Can't tell you how many hours I wasted resetting everything before I discovered Overwatch covered that quickly and easily ( as well as all the other good things it does).

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:21 AM
I've had to export multiple settings files for my NRaas Mods with Overwatch because it's a pain having to keep changing the settings each time I start a new game and to alter Retuner settings because I have glitchin with the UL protests if I don't shut it down in Retuner.I also want the custom settings to take effect when I turn story progression on.
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd May 2015 at 8:41 AM
Aside from what everyone else said, remember to name your exported settings something specific, like "SP base settings" or "MC [name of savegame]".

The reason is that when you import settings via OW it won't say which settings are for which mods, so if you name your exported settings something like "Settings 1", "Settings 2" and so on, you'll have a hard time differentiating between them Especially if you keep multiple settings for the same mod, like MOOKIEBLAYLOCK said.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 23rd May 2015 at 3:21 PM
Along the lines of naming, the method I use to assure I'm using the latest is to include the original save date. So I might have OW 1_15_15, SP 1_15_15. Knowing when I made the save clues me in to what the latest settings likely are.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd May 2015 at 6:07 PM
Thank you so much! I knew how to save the settings in Story Progression but always redid them for the other mods.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:22 PM
There are instructions here in the Mod Settings Document that might help if someone is not sure how it works. Note under "Multi-Selection" that SP really should be imported and exported separately rather than grouped with the other mods using OW.