Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 11:40 AM
Default caw: land disappears, help plz
I'm making a world for a while now, but since yesterday the land vanish when I zoom in to much in "edit in game". How can i solve this problem
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Johnnywr : 28th Oct 2010 at 1:04 AM.
In CAW, go to View, then Camera Settings, slide the LOD Transition Distance slider over to the right. Also, before you go into Edit in Game, make sure your camera view is right close to the ground (imagine it from a sim`s point of view).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnnywr
In CAW, go to View, then Camera Settings, slide the LOD Transition Distance slider over to the right. Also, before you go into Edit in Game, make sure your camera view is right close to the ground (image it from a sim`s point of view).

Sorry, but it didn't work. Maybe I should install it again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 9:26 AM
Try to restart CAW and EIG a couple of times, save under a different name. Place a tree before going into EIG, sometimes that helps too. Reinstalling won't help, I'm afraid.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:26 AM
To me this helped, thank you Johnnywr
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 12:24 AM
Hmm, I'm having the same problem. Tried to edit my world ingame and have light/darkblue stuff all around. The tipps did not help. Is there nything else or should I trash my neighbourhood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:50 PM
I found something. Put your image setting back to their original settings. The next time it should work
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:59 AM
I had this problem again, with a different world. After fighting with it for quite a time, I decided to try saving and exiting EIG, even though I hadn't managed to build anything. Then saved the world in CAW again, in sim view, loaded EIG again, and tadaa, it works.

So people still having this problem, try saving EIG before exiting, even though you see blue when in lot view. Then Save in Caw, and load EIG again. I hope this helps.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
I had this problem again, with a different world. After fighting with it for quite a time, I decided to try saving and exiting EIG, even though I hadn't managed to build anything. Then saved the world in CAW again, in sim view, loaded EIG again, and tadaa, it works.

So people still having this problem, try saving EIG before exiting, even though you see blue when in lot view. Then Save in Caw, and load EIG again. I hope this helps.

omg thank you !

i had this problem for month and nothing worked.

finally i can build my own world! ♥
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 6:03 PM
LOD Transition Distance slider I have tried, does not help. I have in fact reinstalled everything twice.
Also I do have the correct caw version, I had at a moment the problem caw did not work with the game but found proper info in here to find the right versin,m so thats a check now. Placing a tree, I will try the saving tips and placing a tree tip now.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 9:47 AM
Thanks! It helped!
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 1:10 AM
I had the problem with the all blue screen but, when I changed the distance setting to medium. It seems to have worked and I can view my world now. Super happy I decided not to delete the world, and found this page :D