Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Loading hangs/seems to stop/loads forever on an neighborhoods
Hi there. I using my sims 2 ultimate collection when I got orgin for free. I download alot of custom content. It works fine until yesterday on an neighborhood. It got an corrupted custom content file in the objects section which It termatied the game exiting out. I moved all my custom content in an folder so I can find the right one that is corrupted, move it into an spot that I don't need, and move all the rest of the custom content back on the downloads folder. After that I have a major problem. There is one neighborhoods that seems it loading forever or won't load the rest at all. The other neighborhoods loads fine, but the one is still stuck loading. Tried the F1, remove neighborhood manager, group and accessories cache and it still not working. My operatiing system is Windows 8.1 64 bit and I have an intel core video card. I have also used an usb card as an extrenal ram drive (My ram on my computer is 6 gb but 3.30 gb usable). This neighborhood is intalled alot of custom content. I put the corrupted custom content back on the downloads file and still no luck.

I have the disk up to 100% while loading the game and the neighborhoods. Seems it have nothing to do with it. I not sure if this is a long load.

I don't want to lose my neighborhood data. Please help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:58 PM
I am sorry if you mentioned this and I didn't read well, but did you tried loading that neighborhood without any custom content at all ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 9:05 PM
First always delete the cache files and then try to start it up and see what happens.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zeromoon95
Tried the F1, remove neighborhood manager, group and accessories cache and it still not working.

Seems to me she already did a deletion of those files.

But I can't be more helpful than that. I would not know what to do here either to get it started again.
My guess always would be conflicting CC/mods. (I automatically always delete the cache files after every session and then quit of the game, so that never can cause an issue.)
If it is not that I usually am out of ideas. Sorry.
Hopefully, someone else comes along who cán help you out.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 10:50 AM
Try to repair your game in Origin? You might have lost a file somewhere when removing your cc . Open Origin, right-click and choose repair - it takes some minutes to do, and then, when your game is repaired, start it in Origin first (been there, done that )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:28 PM
They already deleted the cache files and I think tried to load it without cc. I'm getting a bit muddled what with the moving it to a spot and back ect.

OP, if you found a corrupted file delete it don't hang onto it. Make sure you remove all your content before trying to load the hood if you haven't already.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They already deleted the cache files and I think tried to load it without cc. I'm getting a bit muddled what with the moving it to a spot and back ect.

OP, if you found a corrupted file delete it don't hang onto it. Make sure you remove all your content before trying to load the hood if you haven't already.

I had a bit of a struggle a few weeks back with getting my game to load and was on the point of giving up when I thought of repairing the game in Origin, and since then it worked. I also deleted the cache files first. No harm in trying