Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:47 PM
Default OFB bug?customers get pissed for slow cashier much faster
I am so fustrated that the customer of my electronics shop get mad and throw their bags so darn fast.

The fact is if they go to the cashier with shopping bags, they will just throw their bags IMEDIATELY without waiting for my cashier back to her post. I lost so many customer loyalty for this bug, plz help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:57 PM
I've had sims do this, it always seems to happen with expensive items. I now make sure there's always a cashier at the till. Always. My one sim selling stuff just can't go between sales and cashiering fast enough.
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:58 PM
Maybe it's caused by route blocking. If your customer's route is blocked to the cashier, they will immediately throw the bag and give up paying. Try using Pescado's ofbfixes at MATY.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:52 PM
I use a automatic register that I got over at simlogical, that way i dont have to worry about this problem
Scholar
#5 Old 31st May 2013 at 5:41 PM
If I have a one-Sim shop, I start out with cheap items and wait until at least one Sim has a bronze cashier talent badge before expecting anything above about $500 to sell. If your shop has a severe reputation problem, it may be worth going back to basics. Reduce the stock to one cheap item, and focus on completing repeated sales of that item. Provided the shop has fun activities (ideally group activities like a TV, radio or hot tub) that other visitors can do while awaiting a restock, it will allow you to get a good rhythm going. It won't rake in the Simoleons, but it should allow at least some money to be made. You can always expand your stock once you've found a way to get this particular business to please its customer base.

For similar reasons, I don't allow more than 3 items in a one-Sim shop until the Sim has a bronze sales talent because otherwise each customer requires too much attention.

I prefer there to be multiple Sims working in a shop. Even if one of them is a child, he or she can entertain/talk to customers and keep them from seething while the teen/adult/elder who owns the business works the tills (and, when there's time, sells and restocks product).

nikel23's point about ofbfixes being useful is seconded. It cuts out some of the stranger problems with running a business.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:13 PM
This happens to me even with gold badge cashiers. The sims throw their bags down immediately or after 2-3 seconds, and whenever I had my sim close wating for this to happen, I noticed that the "ring up these costumers" option did not appear at all. My shop is very expensive, I don't know if this counts, but I didn't have this problem with any lot other than that.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:07 PM
Then I would suggest studying your layout first, and second to examine the items you have for sale, and test whether the behavior recurs when you take out all the custom items. Weird one-off problems are pretty likely to be bizarre unpredictable conflicts with innocuous-looking downloads.

At least, since it's specific to this shop, you have a reliable testing environment.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 8:47 PM
Antibagthrow prevents this.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...