Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#26 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
I admittedly haven't got round to intentionally creating a gay or lesbian couple yet- I must do so sometime. Huge oversight on my part. I quite happily run with it when story progression randomly pairs up two sims of the same gender, though.

For instance, a human woman and a female elf autonomously started dating while I wasn't looking several months back. I decided to take it as a given that neither of them are straight, particularly since the only other sims I'd ever seen either of them flirt with were a few other women and a genderless robot:

Human:

(I know, derp. But it's a very pretty derp)

Elf:

They're probably the longest-running and most stable couple in my town. And they're adorable together.

That elf is really cute. Are they like in a really committed relationship, or is the elf up for some dating on the side? Because I have just the sim for her.................
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunshine021
Why do people automatically stereotype homosexuals to be whores? ¬_¬;; Smh.

Do they? Mine certainly aren't - the sims in my game with lots of lovers are definitely straight VJ Alvi (record 8 lovers at once, about 12 in total) and equally straight Sue Scotch (thanks to SP, so I don't know how many).

Though I think maybe Zelda Mae-Song would find another girlfriend if she could, only with a small percentage of gay sims, she doesn't have any other adult lesbians to get together with...
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 11:03 AM
Agreed with KittyCarey. I don't get the point of sunshine021. Where exactly does anyone refer homosexual couples being whores?
My lesbian and gay-to-be couples are surely not like that either, they have love and they have sex and they have family just like any other human-being, just like any other heterosexual couple, because it's not like the homosexual people aren't just the same as others.
Scholar
#29 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 11:23 AM
I have a strong preference to play only female Sims.

Do the math. :P

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whatever
Yeah I play gay sims sometimes. Although it would be nice if there were at least one pre-made gay couple.

This is something I'd like to see as well. Though at the moment I'm content with the fact that story progression allows for random gay relationships. Not only does it make me happy to see it happen, but some of the pairings can be pretty amusing to me.

Quote: Originally posted by Ibce
I like how someone went through the thread and slapped disagree on everyone ._. How mature.

Perhaps it's something to do with the return of a certain Polish homophobic content creator...!

No names, naturally. :X
Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:35 PM
If I specifically create a lone sim to start a game with they are usually meant to be straight, but really unless I have a sim who is purposefully going through the whole town's worth of ass, though, romance doesn't play an especially huge part in my games at all. For a while I decided that the first kid my sim kids brought home from school would be their preferred gender but it was a little too limiting. So now I just let my sims do whatever they want and roll with whatever orientation they seem to lean towards.

I think I've only ever created one gay couple ever (though for context, I almost never make couples in CAS, usually siblings or single sims), Pascal Curious and Nervous Subject, who I made to test seasons out. They were my favorite couple I had in Sims 2and they are still my favorite couple in sims 3.
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 8:53 PM
My sim was intended to be bisexual/omnisexual, but she keeps wishing to romance women, and I keep indulging her.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
I rarely play with gay couples because I just can't relate to it.

Well really, for what it's worth, those of us that are LGBT aren't difficult to "get" or really relate to. I mean, we're basically the same as straight people when it comes to attraction, instead of 'holy shit that guy is hot I want to smoosh my boobs against his dick' it's 'holy shit that girl is hot I want to smoosh her boobs against mine'.

...Err, to put that in a less stupid way, we still get attracted to people the same way as straight people do; the only difference is the attractive person's gender! Perhaps this is just a benefit of growing up bisexual, but I've never really understood how people can't relate to or understand LGBT attractions. I don't mean that to pick on you btw, Ami, in case it sounds that way, just something I genuinely get confused about.

Also because I'm crude, I want to add that tits totally rock.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:28 PM
I let my sims be whoever they really honestly want to be. I'm not biased, as I'm not in real life, and I am a Jack Harkness-type myself. I actually enjoy playing sims who figure their sexuality out for themselves, be it whatever they want it to be.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 10:42 PM
^^I 've just re-read the entire thread and I have to admit, I don't know what gave you that impression. Perhaps I'm just being my usual dumbfuck self (and I'll absolutely admit that's a good posibility! XD) but I just don't see any posts by someone making their LGBT Sims whore it around. Of course if you quote a post where someone implied that, I'm gonna feel like an idiot.

In honesty I wouldn't say that anyone who has made a LGBT whore in the Sims carries that view into the real world, either. And plus, let's face it, whore Sims, regardless of their sexual orientation, are damn fun to play, look at Evangeline! [/in joke] I mean, I know there's the stereotype that bisexuals are whores because since we like both cock and flange we obviously can't make up our minds and will screw anything that moves, a view held by total idiots, but I just can't see any of that in here. So basically, the TL;DR is I respectfully disagree with you. :3
One Minute Ninja'd
#37 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 11:46 PM
Well, the closest quote I could find about multiple partners was by the OP:

Quote:
I don't usually play strictly gay/lesbian sims. Most of my sims are bisexual, though... for example, one of my warlocks living in Hidden Springs had kids with several different women, but also had several same sex relationships, including a pretty steady one with Sebastian Vanderburg.

had several relationships. Almost everyone else described monogamous relationships, which happened to be with the same sex. Even a promiscuous sim, as the OP played, would not be classified as a whore. Promiscuous sims needn't be gay, either. I've had promiscuous straight sims who have had multiple partners, and those who remained quite faithful (although I had one sim who through some sort of glitch went from Casanova to Faithful with a positive moodlet without any change in behavior, clearly an odd programming error unless EA had some ulterior motive for sneaking that in).

Actually, I do give EA credit for allowing same sex relationships in game without making any big deal out of it. I could have seen some of their corporate types getting concerned that the same people who thought Sponge Bob was homosexual and a bad influence for young, innocent children (yes, it really did happen, for those who don't remember it and think I'm joking) would put EA in their sights next. (OK, granted, they did give Sponge Bob a squirrel in a dive suit as a girlfriend, but isn't that just endorsing inter-species sex?)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:29 AM
I play my sims like in my real life, heterosexual couples or dating. I do have some lesbian and bi-sexual sims in my game by way of story progression and really enjoy they are there. I will aww and oogle them too when they display their love publicly. I am always in awe with what sim fell for in another sim. Cute.

I do not judge anyone for their life and how they live it. Heavens above know I can't be a judge, could never cast the first stone. As long that person is not hateful, mean, cause bodily harm, lie on others, greedy, a pedobear, a thief or murderer, I can get along with them. I know this sounds cliche but I have gay friends and family members that I love to pieces, could never imagine life without them in it. Then there are some that are complete assholes and I can't stand the sight of them. Nothing to do with their sexual orientation, it is the "F'd" up personality I can't deal or relate to.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
In honesty I wouldn't say that anyone who has made a LGBT whore in the Sims carries that view into the real world, either. And plus, let's face it, whore Sims, regardless of their sexual orientation, are damn fun to play, look at Evangeline! [/in joke] I mean, I know there's the stereotype that bisexuals are whores because since we like both cock and flange we obviously can't make up our minds and will screw anything that moves, a view held by total idiots.

I must admit I have created a few whorish bisexual sims, usually only due to the fact that I've made them with the whorish personalities and that they have so many damned romances on the go they pretty much run out of the one gender to screw around with. So, what the heck! let them have both! And yes whore sims are damned fun to play. I think most of my heterosexual sims end up being more promiscuous than my homosexual ones though, now mostly thanks to this damned attraction system and sometimes with just a gentle push from me... What can I say? I love the drama!

But I agree with you on the whole bisexual stereotype. This has been something that has always aggravated me, even though I'm a straight female. More so when I befriended a female bisexual back in my school days and she got nothing but that stereotype slapped in her face. Getting called a whore by damned whores... (And now after good 6 years she's finally engaged to my big bro!)
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 8:42 AM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 29th Nov 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Well really, for what it's worth, those of us that are LGBT aren't difficult to "get" or really relate to. I mean, we're basically the same as straight people when it comes to attraction, instead of 'holy shit that guy is hot I want to smoosh my boobs against his dick' it's 'holy shit that girl is hot I want to smoosh her boobs against mine'.

...Err, to put that in a less stupid way, we still get attracted to people the same way as straight people do; the only difference is the attractive person's gender! Perhaps this is just a benefit of growing up bisexual, but I've never really understood how people can't relate to or understand LGBT attractions. I don't mean that to pick on you btw, Ami, in case it sounds that way, just something I genuinely get confused about

No, you do make a good point so no offence taken. I don't really know how to explain well what I mean by "I can't relate" playing with homosexual couples the same way as when I play with heterosexual couple. But that's just how I feel, so maybe it's just plainly personal preference.

Edit:
Quote: Originally posted by Sunshine021
Read the posts where people say they make gay/bisexual Sims and them make them be with everybody in the town. :/

Yeah now I do see that Well maybe that person is homophobic hence the way he/she treats homosexual sims. Buuut otherwise I have no idea what goes on in the mind of a player like that.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:12 AM
Honestly, I don't see the point in defining any sort of hetero-is-right in The Sims. I mean, come on, they don't judge by anything except if you kicked and/or stole their lawn gnome last week. I just let sims have their own free way and will about things, most of the time. It's just better that way. Nothing of my design will be better than watching what I start out with grow for its own, whichever way it may go.

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#42 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:21 AM
Sims don't "decide" for themselves what they want to be. They are pretty much a clean slate you can fill in however you want and I truly applaud EA for doing this. If you want to make them bi, you can. If you want to make them hetero or gay, you can do that too. I very, very, extremely rarely play homosexual sims and even when I made a mistake causing the sim to like his own sex quickly jump in and "correct" the problem. I also tend to like lesbian couples more than male gay couples.

Then again so far I think in my entire "career(TS2-TS3) as a sims player" I think I only played one Asian, a handful of white people, even less black people and no Indians and Native-Americans. I don't use a whole lot of "exotic" names either or give much thought to create any kind of sort of diversity in my game. Think of it what you will. I also don't play time periods like other simmers do. I know that some are very much into the entire 'Victorian' theme for example. Some just like to torture their sims and most don't live long enough to even have a sexual preference.

As for "promiscuity", I often have a story line in my head which I'd like to play out and this means that I often "pair" up sims in advance. I usually start them off as roommates so I still can have fun with the "dating game". During TS2 I was rather strict, letting the pairs only date each other exclusively but sometimes I'd let them "play the field" before matching them up with their "true love". That changed in TS3. Pretty much all my sims play the field before they settle down and some of them never even get married. I hate the therm "whore" both irl but especially in the sims. There's enough of that bullshit and passing judgement, double standards and pearl clutching in the real world, I don't want it in my game.

Once my sims are married though I don't like them to cheat on each other and the romantic autonomous interactions seriously aggravate me. I've never played an "open marriage before" but as long as my sims haven't spoken their vows they are free to cheat (depending on the story line) or break up with the sim in advance and move on. I've once had male sim woohoo with a female sim, jumped out of bed and break up with her immediately after. Gave her a nice boot kick out the door and truly enjoyed watching her suffer.

As I said, think of it as you will. We all like to do different things with our games and that includes the sexual orientations of our sims.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#43 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:40 PM
I think it's not just about what type of attraction orientated sims you play with, in general everybody's tendencies on what kind of sims and stories they play or make vary on every possible level. And really, this goes to every aspect of The Sims, since after all it's a sandbox game!

Gotta say that I personally really love that sims don't discriminate each others based on what gender, looks or age they might get attracted to. But they sure do discriminate if you fight, woohoo or cheat in public! And in public of course means that even with nobody on the lot, behind closed doors with lights out THE WHOLE TOWN STILL WILL KNOW AND SHAME YOU!
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 4:16 PM
No, you do make a good point so no offence taken. I don't really know how to explain well what I mean by "I can't relate" playing with homosexual couples the same way as when I play with heterosexual couple. But that's just how I feel, so maybe it's just plainly personal preference.

I think what you mean is that you do not identify with the gay or lesbian couples. That's is understandable, as many of us become emotionally attached to our sims on some level and may project a part of our own personalities onto our favorite sim families.
Theorist
#45 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 4:34 PM
Yep. I prefer spending most of my time playing with female sims, and most of my female sims are bisexual. My story is a lot of women in real life are a little bi. There are plenty of drunken party pics on Facebook where girls are kissing each other or grabbing each others' boobs, so my sim girls are the same (other than the boob grabbing part, because they can't do that, dammit). Alright, the real reason is that I like seeing two attractive women flirting with each other for purely pervy reasons.
I didn't intentionally make any purely lesbian sims, but I think a few may have naturally ended up that way just because they didn't flirt with enough males to keep their attraction in the neutral range.
My male sims are almost always hetero, but I did make a gay male couple that live in Hidden Springs. It took me till Hidden Springs, because although I'm not homophobic, for some reason I thought I might feel a little awkward making a sim initiate male-on-male romance. I do feel bad to admit that, but turned out it didn't feel awkward at all. Instead, I feel they are quite charming and cute. They're among my favorite couples in the town. One dresses more flamboyantly while the other dresses like a typical guy in T-shirt and shorts.

Almost all my sims are dirty cheatin' ho bags though. They're always whoring it up, the dirt bags! Monogamy is a rarity in my sim hoods. My hetero males were the worst, I had one that had 46 babies at a time, all with different baby mamas. I think the only couple I have that's faithful happens to be the gay male couple.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:22 PM
About 98.9% of my playing sims are male, and 90% of them are gay. I have a couple of saved worlds with all-male townies, too. My sims do as the Code wills them to, as far as couples go.

Actually, I once watched Nraas SP send my all-male town into a tizzy. Over the course of three days, it split one of my couples, Seb and Weston - only to pair Weston with his other housemate, and send Seb across town to flirt with my active sim's babydaddy. Then they broke up, and Seb ended up shotgun-married (with a baby!) to the sim I'd intended for my active sim's heir.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
I must admit I have created a few whorish bisexual sims, usually only due to the fact that I've made them with the whorish personalities and that they have so many damned romances on the go they pretty much run out of the one gender to screw around with. So, what the heck! let them have both! And yes whore sims are damned fun to play. I think most of my heterosexual sims end up being more promiscuous than my homosexual ones though, now mostly thanks to this damned attraction system and sometimes with just a gentle push from me... What can I say? I love the drama!

But I agree with you on the whole bisexual stereotype. This has been something that has always aggravated me, even though I'm a straight female. More so when I befriended a female bisexual back in my school days and she got nothing but that stereotype slapped in her face. Getting called a whore by damned whores... (And now after good 6 years she's finally engaged to my big bro!)

I enjoyed playing whorish Sims so much in TS2, EVERYONE except for special Sims (like, my self Sim, Sims of my family etc) were whores. Seriously. Everyone was fucking each other, and my self Sim's husband racked up like 80+ one night stands LOL.

Derail ahead!

Yeah, sounds like it. I'm also seconding what zigersimmer said about not identifying with lesbian/bisexual couples. If you're not of that particular orientation, it can be difficult to understand, I think. I struggle to get my head around being attracted to only one gender, so yeah. I get what you mean. :3

Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Sims don't "decide" for themselves what they want to be. They are pretty much a clean slate you can fill in however you want and I truly applaud EA for doing this. If you want to make them bi, you can. If you want to make them hetero or gay, you can do that too.

You know, I've often thought that I want to be able to select a Sim's sexuality in CAS, just some option where you can flick through and choose whatever. Although I suppose it wouldn't be viable considering how many different orientations there are (to the person who said they make their Sims omnisexual, if you're still reading - I can't remember your username, sorry! - what exactly does that mean? It sounds like a fancy word for bisexual to me. Wrong?) and to a younger audience I suppose it could be the precursor to some awkward conversations with parents. So yes, while being able to set it myself would be my personal ideal, how EA have done it that you mentioned is a pretty damn sweet second best.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
Sims don't "decide" for themselves what they want to be.

Well, I play with ACR, so yeah, they do. I like it when my sims decide for themselves. Creates interesting gameplay.

Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Almost all my sims are dirty cheatin' ho bags though. They're always whoring it up, the dirt bags! Monogamy is a rarity in my sim hoods. My hetero males were the worst, I had one that had 46 babies at a time, all with different baby mamas. I think the only couple I have that's faithful happens to be the gay male couple.

Surprisingly, my sims are actually very monogamous. However, the couples have a tendency to go at it like rabbits. I'm sure some entertaining Freudian analysis could be had there.
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:44 PM
I tend to only play lesbians, or more specifically, lesbian couples. I make most of 'em in CAS, and play from there. If [when] they have kids (always girls, 'cause I have awesome), I sorta let prom do the work to decide preference, and from there, I pick whoever ends up gay. If multiple are gay, then I may rotate between households (I usually switch households once the current becomes elders with no kids >_> ), pick a favorite, or if none are, create a new couple. Everyone else in town is...whatever. If they were pre-made, I just leave them as is. For males, I might look through the Nraas Kinsey Scale, and possibly some random feature, and use the Attraction: male, to see if any guys have a preference for guys. I might hook them up, especially if they attracted to each other, or at least intiate something, but I don't really play those couples, or the heterosexual ones. I assume it is b/c I have little interest in actually playing male sims... and that I tend to base my couples from fictional femslash or lesbian pairings. Speaking of the attraction system, gee whiz, it's like every gal my current sims meet becomes attracted to them, which I'm sure is increasing the number of bisexuals in the town. Somehow, Bonehilda is even attracted to both of them, and keeps sending them gifts!
Page 2 of 3