Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 10:14 PM
Can't have a romantic teen/young adult relationship ??
I hope I have this posted in the right category, lol.

Before I begin, here is the list of mods I have installed in my Sims 3 game:
-AwesomeMod
-MasterController
-Woohooer
-Story Progression
-Pregnancy Controller
-ErrorTrap
-Overwatch

Seems like a lot but I assure you that my game runs just fine and I never have any problems with them. Now onto my actual issue.

I create stories for all my sims in my head, as many people do. For my newest story I want a runaway teen to meet a guy that's a bit older than her and end up having a baby with him, all that fun stuff. The only problem is that neither the male YA sim or the female teen sim want to accept the romantic interactions. I've searched on many forums and done as much digging as possible and I can't seem to find an exact solution to my issue.

I've tried many things with my mods:
-setconfig enable12woohoo true (AwesomeMod)
-setconfig enablepedophilia true (AwesomeMod)
-Flirt Disallow Caste: -3 (Story Progression, Teen in the Caste Options at City Hall)
-Allow Teen Interactions true (Woohooer)
-Allow Teen Woohoo true (Woohooer)
-Allow Teen-Adult Woohoo true (Woohooer)
-Check Story Progression false (Woohooer)
-Link To Story Progression false (Woohooer)

I have tried all of the above in every combination possible (i.e. altogether, sometimes only the Woohooer configs enabled, sometimes only the AwesomeMod configs enabled, etc.) I actually didn't have Story Progression installed prior to me attempting to build a teen/YA romance. The first time I tried it was without SP and it still failed, I had installed it with the hopes that it would help my situation. I've tried it twice more with SP installed to no avail.

I've also tried to figure out if it was the sims' themselves and not the mods:
-I have tried to form a romantic relationship with multiple pairs of teen females and YA males in different save files.
-The YA male I'm currently attempting to do this with does have the "Shy" trait, but each time I tried with him I had worked up the relationship to at least "Friends" before attempting to flirt. Often times I work it up to "Best Friends" and it still does not work.
-I have tried flirting both as a teen sim and YA sim. Each time I clicked over to "Romantic" in the pie menu, each interaction had a little symbol next to it. As a teen the symbol is pedobear with a fishook. As an adult I'm pretty sure it's a pair of handcuffs.
-The sims had a romantic attraction to each other prior to flirting (meaning they both get the "Attractive Company" moodlet).
-None of the sims in question have a bad reputation of any kind.
-The sims are always straight.
-None of the sims have had prior romantic relationships with each other nor any other random sims.
-I actually tried to "Risky Woohoo" once. The two sims made out and their relationship increased a little bit, but they did not proceed to woohoo.

I just want to be clear that the issue is that NEITHER sims, teen or YA, will accept ANY romantic interactions. They are always "Creeped Out" and it has a negative effect on their friendship. They can apologize and everything goes back to normal, they will accept every interaction EXCEPT romantic. I have all of the romantic interactions available, including "Risky Woohoo" and all. I am aware that adults who attempt to flirt will be arrested, but that has yet to happen to my YA sims. My ultimate goal at the moment is to get them going steady and that's proving to be near impossible.

I don't know you guys, am I missing something? I'd rather not add anymore mods to my game, but do I need to delete any? Am I enabling the wrong configs? Any and all help is appreciated and I thank all who reply!

P.S. sorry this post is so damn long lol. I wanted to be as specific as possible so I don't leave anyone scrambling for bits of information.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 12:19 AM
The pedobear and handcuffs symbols are a function of AwesomeMod. You cannot have teens and older perform any kind of romantic interactions with AM in place without them being treated negatively as you noted. If seen by others, the adult will be carted off to jail and live the rest of their lives being branded as a child molester, restricted from many activities and careers. You cannot circumvent this feature, no exceptions, even if it's a YA who is one sim day older than the teen. At least, that's the way I remember it.

The only setting that sounds wrong is SP's Flirt Disallow Caste. That shouldn't be showing a negative number, it should be showing the number of castes (for the teen caste) that they are disallowed from flirting with and the number of castes (for the YA caste) that they are disallowed from flirting with. Or on both fronts they should be showing nothing at all if there are no such restrictions there.

I could be missing something here. But if SP or Woohooer were blocking these romantic interactions, it's not that they would be rejected. They wouldn't even be showing up on the menus as things to try. Sims who are in different age groups will have a hefty attraction penalty against them that needs to be overcome even if the attracted moodlets are showing when in each other's company. If their traits aren't meshing, if they don't know just about everything there is to know about each other, they may not be ready to take that next step to accepting flirts and then romance. You may need to break down that barrier a bit more with things like flirt friendly traits (Flirty, Hopeless Romantic, Irresistible), LTRs (Master of Seduction, etc.), romantic drinks if you have LN, cinnamon if you have Uni. It's not always easy. And even if you do manage to get them into a romantic partnership, be prepared for the game itself to fight back and occasionally reset them to friends although I think that happens more often when the older sim is an Adult or Elder than a YA.

If you want to test this out, you might try using MasterController on one of those test couples in another game to make them partners already with Sim > Intermediate > Lifetime Relationship By Category to see if they behave any differently once already partnered.
Site Helper
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 2:45 AM
If you have Supernatural, get a Mood light and set it to pink in addition to the LN drinks and the cinnamon.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 4:27 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 22nd Dec 2016 at 10:09 PM.
I did not experienced much with such mix but (that note may be outdated) SP/Wohooer&Awesome does not works well mixed together.

As NOT Nitromon* stated above Awesome treats *any* relation from "romantic" tree as criminal by default, and even if you disable famous CTD-punishment feature it is still a crime - therefore get ready for beign branded ;p Maty's view of 'teen' agetype was described many times - he's seen them as minors in tender-age (I'm not sure if it's an actual proper description) - literally: 12. It obviously ignores variability of age of consent which currently varies from 15 to 18 thorough the World (and U.S. as endlesss wisdom of Google says) and the idea than 'teens' describes developing age inbetween (in widest reasonable range) 11-19. And there's really not so much in common between 11 years old age kid and 17 years old almost mature "making parent mad" entity.

It's Awesome design decision, reasoning or complying is futile. Accept or throw it off. Your decision.**

*/**
funy facts

Igazor is not Nitromon, definitelly; It has to be a Christmas' crazy reindeer involved

InTeenimator for TS2 and also some mods I Do Not Dare To Name for TS3 applies the "age of consent" functionality giving the option, at last in this particular area, for having two stages of 'teen'.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 8:11 PM
Thanks to all of you for your responses. I deleted AwesomeMod and now everything is working beatifully! :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 8:25 PM
@ElaineNualla - I've got another fun fact for you. I am not actually Nitromon. Guess I'm a bit flattered, though.

My information may be outdated as well. But ages ago when using AM and its Story Mode together with Woohooer, I was able to get teen-older couples going (yes, with all of the negative side-effects that came with it). I really cannot remember if I had SP installed at the time, I probably did but of course wouldn't have been using SP's brand of progression yet.

Edit: Oh, and while I was typing out that extremely clever response, I see that the OP found their solution. Good job.
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 10:16 PM
corrected

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 10:40 PM
LOL, thanks for the correction. Re the Spoiler question, there are tons of caste triggers already as that's what Automatic Castes are all about. We already have one based on time passed within an age stage on the Wish List for consideration. I don't remember any discussion about this though, so it may have been on that list for a very long time and that List is a very long one. Might be worth asking about on the SP board at NRaas to see if our developer is still thinking that one over, among the others. We have a beta test version of SP in progress already as of a few days ago so this is a really good time to ask, depending on how difficult he thinks it would be to implement.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:22 PM
Quote:
You cannot circumvent this feature, no exceptions, even if it's a YA who is one sim day older than the teen. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Such things puzzle me. IRL it's pretty common relationship when, for example, 18-19yo (which is "adult" in most countries/cultures) gentleman and 16-17yo (which is still "teen" in most countries/etc.) lady fall in love. Normal, happens often here and there.

So, that "ped..." word is totally unrelated, unneeded and offensive (how in the world you can compare... your first love in university years vs. kid maniacs, what...) in such cases, also depending on culture and manners etc., religious people etc. = no sex before marriage mindset / no sex before *insert age* mindset etc. -> relationships dont always mean they woohoo woohoo woohoo at such point, granted if its more about "feelings" rather than hormones (well, now there is a thing that teens themself are more oversexual and cant control their impulses? perhaps), what i mean, i talk about that those relationships took years until they "happily marry" or "break up" or whatever...

tl;dr 1) slightly disrespect to "awesome mod" for attaching ped..whatever tag without thinking. teens not equal children, especially late teens - though actually it's that every different person matures at different speed. Some are still like kids when adults, and some are very responsible etc. since teen years. 2) platonic relationship can happen at that point

p.s. If such discussion is unhealthy and/or offtopic (as OP was talking about drama with having baby born etc) - sorry, remove it etc.
but that really something that kicks your mind and makes bad mood.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 3:42 PM
Is it true that if you enable those options in Awesome mod, the mod screws up your computer? I heard that, and heard that the folks who make that mod are quite rude to users.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Is it true that if you enable those options in Awesome mod, the mod screws up your computer? I heard that, and heard that the folks who make that mod are quite rude to users.

No, it doesn't screw up computers. But it is known to booby-trap the ongoing game saves that have "seen" the mod to the extent that if you remove AM in an attempt to bypass the pedo-restrictions, the game will crash on you if you try to have teens and older interact romantically. Newly created games after mod removal would not be affected.

As for their forum, why not create a presence there and post something like this,
"Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just getting started with AwesomeMod and it looks great. How do all of you use it, are there any tips and tricks I should know about and is this mod going to screw up my computer? Have a great day!"

And see what kind of reception you get.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
And see what kind of reception you get.

Probably.
Scholar
#13 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
No, it doesn't screw up computers. (...)

Maybe it is already not present anymore, but some older version of AM punished the user by CTD if one try to do "that wronginess, all and such". Though I've never noticed this "save corrupition" - maybe because MATY's attitude kinda: "daddy knows better", just pissed me off at the moment noticed, and I deleted AM permanently. It's kinda weird design decision from such experienced modder to behave like EA staff (ya know: options, options matters! gimme an option you Devil ), but decision. Period.

But it always a chance for someone who feel not beaten much enough to raise such topic on Awesome's forum, that's a "win-win"

Site Helper
#14 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 2:06 AM
He did provide a config tool to adjust many of the options to AM, although teen-adult romance was not one of the things you can adjust.

(And I still remember a sim watching Bella Bachelor and Mortimer Goth at a park dating while they were teens, until Mortimer aged up and tried to pick up where he left off.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook