Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop crashing upon loading a certain page in SimBin!?
Hello!

Recently, I have encountered an error that's really, really, REALLY irritating and I'm this close from ripping all of my hair out! This morning, I decided my game and Body Shop were as laggy as a drunken slug which drove me to delve into Body Shop for some serious CC cleaning and removing -- I'm an avid creator of Sims, as well as downloader of them -- so honestly, there were loads of Sims in my SimBin. Slowly but surely, I waited as each Sim loaded just for me to delete, delete, delete... then there's this page. It loads a couple of Sims, then it stops dead in its tracks. The inevitable gut feeling of a process termination arises, and guess what? Sims 2 Body Shop crashes! I'm so sick of having to reload Body Shop, especially since it's starting to take a true devotion to load simply because of its insane lag, only to return to "Build or Clone Sims" and that freakin' page which causes Body Shop to crash. I know the issue, it's obviously a buggy or defect Sim in that page, and I went about clearing my "Saved Sims" folder of all Sims, but a few were left behind and it seems this jacked up Sim was one of 'em and isn't too particularly fond of my plan to clean up my game without reinstalling it completely. Which leads me to my PROBLEM -- how do I remove this Sim from my SimBin if Body Shop only crashes when I attempt loading the page it's situated in, each and every unforgiving time??

And better yet, bonus respect if this one is answered, how can I clear my SimBin and CAS of all custom Sims entirely? Deleting them all individually in a speed-depleted program is painstaking work. I've only done, oh, a TON of Google searches and none of them really turned up the results I was looking for.

Thanks!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:33 AM
Your sims are stored in your Saved Sims folder. If you don't want anybody in it, delete the whole thing. If you want to cherrypick, delete the specific package files for the sims you don't want.

This may not solve your body shop problem if the problem is bad CC instead of (as seems likely at first glance) a corrupted Saved Sim package file. And there's only one way to deal with that - remove CC and test.

You would know this if you'd actually done the FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to post here. I know your frustrated, but working the FAQ truly is your best bet; and if you don't work it before you post here, and the problem isn't solved by it, the first response you'll get will be: "What happened when you did the steps in the FAQ?" I know it's frustrating and you want a shortcut, but there isn't one. Grab a book and a cold drink and possess your soul in patience.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)