Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Help! My saved town has completely vanished!
Hello again...sadly. So anyways I've been playing for a really long time with my own created world, I literally created Italy in CAW. It has played fine for months without a problem. Recently my game has been crashing thirty minutes into the playing, it freezes the music skipping and then crashes to desktop. Then I did something.... I deleted some lots, saved and it worked for two days without anymore crashing. Then finally when i thought it would'nt, yup...it crashed. So I figured I'd check to see if DEP was the cause, it wasn't but I wanted to be safe anyways. So i added LN application to the list of programs. Restarted my computer and ran the game in windowed format. The mods script came up just fine, but my saved town Italia, no longer existed.
I checked all the folders, no saves, no current game nothing was in any of the folders except "WorldCaches". I did a search and found some more packages with Italia on them but they were not in the right folders. I beleive they are my saved games. Can someone tell me how to properly move them, it thats even my game without causing any more problems. Or if they are not my saved game help me in general....
Other info: All expansions; LN, WA, AM and of course base. i don't think my system specs are needed, it just seems to me like a folder was severly misplaced by my idiot computer. It more than meets requirments to play the game, I have the latest patch.
And thankyou, thankyou for your time with me, I have bad luck...But please... me......
Oh' yeah, I have windows 7, sorry...

Smile. Your Days Are Not Numbered Yet.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovevslust
I did a search and found some more packages with Italia on them but they were not in the right folders. I beleive they are my saved games. Can someone tell me how to properly move them, it thats even my game without causing any more problems. Or if they are not my saved game help me in general....

Could you show us some screenshots of those files? Where are they located, are they files or folders? We can't really tell you what to do unless you provide more information- but if you drag Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 to the desktop and run the game, it will create a fresh set of user files so that you can see where everything is meant to go. Saves should be in Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Saves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 1:11 AM Last edited by werismyki : 25th Mar 2011 at 4:44 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3461758, 3464123, 3468625
Actually I just found out that those files were a backup that I did in the beginning of Febuary...I could put them back in, but I would like my most recent files. Is there any way to get them back. I've searched with no luck through my computer to find them. I'll take a screenshot of the folders that have the "Italia" files in them if you want me too. The ones that are in worldcaches?

There is the screnshot for the worldcaches folder...

Okay so, I restored my computer to two days ago, my saves folder has saves in it finally, but there is nothing in the currentgame folder now. I regenerated the ElectronicArts folder and placed my saves in there. Now the game loads fine, but when I click on my current game(which has no picture of the last family i was playing) it won't let me load the game at all.

So I'm a dummy, or my computer is one. First of all the link to "The Sims 3" did not show up for me or i overlooked it last time I posted this problem...alot has changed since then.
So anyway the problem that ocurred last time was I did a few things to the computer and it literally self deleted my saved game . My custom world 'Italia' was no longer existent except for a back up i did myself back in January. So I restored my computer and crossed my fingers. Although it brought my 'saves' back the current game folder remained empty. The frist screenshot is what message it gave me when I tried making a new EA folder thinking corruption was the problem, and switched all the necessary folders.
Then I did a full search using a deleted folder finding program to perhaps find teh missing files I needed. With two days gone and no luck. And the second screenshot now showing up everytime I try to load my custom world, I turn to you guys. Which are gods behind computers for me. You guys are great... So if anyone could help the idiot that I am, by either telling me I'm pretty much screwed and all my hard work gone or helping me find those d**n files or any other suggestion would be VERY much apprectiated. I really don't want to make all that stuff over again.
I have all major expansion packs installed and the latest patch. My computer runs on Windows 7 and more than meets requirment to play the game.
Oh' yeah can someone go ahead and go into OS X and close or delete my accidental post that was supposed to be in this category, or can I do that? Sorry...I'm a idiot...

Okay so I finally faced facts and made another new world. It started off just fine I moved in my families and played for about thirty minutes to an hour. I saved twice and then it decides to crash again when I tried going back into map mode. So I gave the computer a break, came back and tried rnning the game. When the main menu came up, both the worlds were back in the bin at the bottom and both had the same error I had the first time. Both of the info was not found on my computer. Okay, now I'm at a loss for words since I can nolonger play any of my custom worlds without having this d**n error all the time... And I downloaded this custom world that someone else had made, that one worked just fine without a single problem, and that world triples mine in MBs...
Does anyone have any ideas? Please & Thankyou...

Okay poking around some more because I'm not a fan of default worlds... I found this thread and did exactly what it said and it worked to a point, it does say the random sim's name, but still dislays the error message that it won't load the saved game...
Heres the thread;
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/176925.page
Thanks to everyone who helps!!!!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:56 PM
lovevslust, I'm not exactly sure what's happened here, but it sounds as though you deleted something accidentally, or perhaps a program on your computer (clean up program perhaps) deleted files. There is no way for The Sims 3 to delete your user files unless you actually uninstall the game, in which case it will ask you if you wish for user files to be deleted.

For your Italy world, if you made it in CAW then you should still have the files in CAW so you could export the world again, and install it to your game. Once the world is installed then your save games might work, as they need the world file to be installed to function.

By the way, saves go in the Saves folder not the Current World folder- the Current World folder is only used by the game as a temporary location when your sims are in China, France or Egypt.

For your problem with other worlds not running correctly, it sounds as though there is something preventing your computer from reading or writing to the files. If the game crashes then the results can be unpredictable- for example, it can corrupt files that are being written- but usually the only trouble that occurs is that you need to delete caches:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ete_Cache_Files

You mentioned that you created a new world, do you mean that you downloaded a custom world/ made a world in CAW? If so, then look in Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3\ Installed worlds. Is the world file for your custom world there? If not then it means that file has become deleted- so in effect the world is uninstalled.

On your second post, the files visible are just world caches. Can you provide us with a screenshot of your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 7:54 PM
Wow. Sorry it took me so long to get back. I recently just gave up on the whole thing. I am currently using the default world Sunset Valley or whatever becuz I got a hold of EA and chatted with them. They said it was my graphics card that was causing the whole problem. But now that I think about it, how does my graphics card have anything to do with the files? Can a graphics card make a working (and still there btw) file stop working? I've been playing Sunset Valley for nearly a week and nothing bad has happened so it's only custom worlds that are giving me problems.
The Italy world file was still in its rightful place, I could make another save with the same world and still play it. Which basically means its still installed and functioning right? I checked everything, and it was all where it needed to be.
I think my computer just likes messing with me. I have deleted nothing except the caches that needed to be deleted. I do have a computer cleaner but it hasn't deleted anything on the sims at all, it only keeps up the registry and the recycle bin-that's it.
And yes the custom worlds are of my making. So, if the world file is still in the right folder(Installed worlds) then could I possibly delete it and re-install it, then play the game? Would that work? Becuz like everybody is saying it seems like the game is acting like the world file is invisible and no longer there. Thankyou for the reply.